- A highly self - motivated, award-winning ETL Developer.
- 4 years of solid development experience in ETL Development, Data warehousing, Reporting, Data Modeling.
- Specialization in projects delivered through an Onsite - Offshore model
- Worked directly with US and Canadian Business Managers, Development Managers and End Users to correlate Business Logic and Specifications for ETL Development.
- Broad experience of working in a multicultural team environment
- Great interest and willingness to learn new tools and technologies
- 6 months application development experience in Java and .NET technologies
- Have strong and rich Data Warehousing experience in Informatica Power Center 9.6.1
- Strong experience in Extraction, Transformation, Loading (ETL) data from various sources specially Teradata into Data Warehouses using Informatica Power Center (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Metadata Manger).
- Expert in processing tasks, scheduling sessions, monitoring the jobs and analyzing the job failures.
- Have good expertise in Dimensional data modeling, Star schema modeling, Snowflake modeling, Data Normalization.
PROFECIENT TOOLS / SKILLS:
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.6, Composite
Reporting Tools: Cognos, Tableau
Scheduling Tool: Tidal
Database: Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows
- Configured and customized the Cloud environment for Informatica workflows
- Worked with CallidusCloud ODI framework - used to invoke the Informatica workflows
- Interfaced with multiple vendor teams for setting up the Cloud environment
- Orchestrated the data extraction process driven by Informatica PowerCenter
- Created and managed Oracle tables as a part of data management process
- Designed and developed framework-customized tasks using Informatica for Cloud data migration requirement
- Developed mappings to invoke stored procedures and data extraction process
- Created mappings to extract data from database tables to flat files
- Developed tasks, parameters and mapping variables
- Unit tested the mappings and workflows
- Prepared deployment guide and strategized the deployment process for production
- Involved in code migration from one environment to another till UAT
- Have end to end knowledge right from the repository management till workflow creation and monitoring
- Developed mappings to load the data including facts and dimensions from various sources into the Data Warehouse, using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup, Router, Filter, Joiner, Aggregate, Update Strategy, Rank Transformations and Sequence Generator
- Developed reusable Mapplets and Transformations
- Followed Star Schema to design Dimension and fact tables
- Experienced in handling slowly changing dimension
- Worked on different tasks in Workflow Manager like Sessions, Events raise, Event wait, Decision, E-mail, Command, Timer and Scheduling of the workflow
- Used Session parameters, Mapping variable/parameters and created Parameter files for imparting flexible runs of workflows based on changing variable values
- Involved in Performance tuning of multiple Informatica mappings to improve performance by using PDO (Push down optimization)
- Involved in monitoring the workflows and sessions using the workflow monitor and in optimizing the load times
- Extensive experience in creating tables, views in Teradata
- Created high level design documents, Mapping Sheet to outline data flow from source to target.
- Involved in unit testing using HP Quality Center and Actively worked with testing team to ensure closure of test cases
- Worked as a single resource from development team to support production activities
- Involved in Shell Script development for automation of processes performed regularly
- Involved in creating reports through Cognos, Tableau and Excel according to the requirements
- Worked as a fully contributing team member, under broad guidance with independent planning & execution responsibilities
- Created views, mappings and transformations in Composite
- Worked in developing load jobs using UNIX shell scripts
- Involved in creating, scheduling the jobs, monitoring and running the jobs manually using the Tidal Scheduling Tool
- Prepared dependency Chart and release manual for the required project
- Involved in preparing Unit Test Plan and unit testing
- Worked in defect fixing for the defects raised by QA team
- Involved in documenting the project flow
- Created Mappings, Sessions and workflows using Informatica as per the requirements.
- Worked with various transformations in designing the mapping like expression, aggregator, rank, filter, router, sequence generator, joiner and look up transformations.
- Used SCD2 technique.
- Worked with Push Down Optimization technique.
- Prepared Unit Test Plan and involved in end to end Unit Testing