- Over 3 years of professional experience as an ETL Developer with Healthcare and Telecom Sectors with a strong background in ETL process and Data warehousing.
- Experience with ETL Data warehousing tools like Informatica 8.x and 9.x in Telecom and Healthcare Sectors.
- Highly skilled in databases like Oracle(11g and 10g), SQL Server 2008, PL/SQL.
- Loaded into Informatica staging area by using various sources like fixed and delimited flat files, and different tables, and views.
- Good knowledge with analyzing and processing the data and implementing applications for preparing a Data Warehouse mainly by using transformations with Informatica Power Center.
- Received client appreciation for performance tuning of PL/SQL query and reduced executing time from 20 hours to 3 hours.
- Good ground in OLAP and OLTP process.
- Client handling expertize for analyzing the business problems and providing a good solution and a report for the problem.
- Good hold and expertize on Informatica transformations like Lookup, Filter, Expression, Router, Update, Rank, Sorter, Sequence Generator and Stored Procedure.
- Developed procedures, functions and triggers in SQL and PL/SQL.
- Created Reusable (Sessions, Command, Email) and Non - reusable tasks (Worklet, Decision, Event-Wait, Timer).
- Expertize in debugging, monitoring, and performance tuning of Sources, Targets, Mappings, Workflows, and Sessions.
- Knowledge in Slowly Changing Dimensions(SCD) in Informatica.
- A quick learner and a good team player, who maintains a positive attitude and outlook.
- Excellent communications skills, self-motivated, good organizational skills, proactive to learn new technologies, and expertize in multitasking.
ETL Tools: Informatica - Power Center - 8.6.X, 9.5.X
Relational Database: Oracle 188.8.131.52/ 10.1.0.2/ 184.108.40.206 , MS-SQL Server 2008, MS Access
NoSQL Database: HBASE (Hadoop Database), Cassandra, MongoDB
Big Data tools & Languages: Hadoop Distributed File System ( HDFS), MapReduce, Pig, Scala, Hive QL, Cassandra Query Language (Cassandra QL)
Programming Languages/Technologies: Unix Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Java, C, C++, Python, HTML and VBA.
Office Tools: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Operating System: Windows 8/Vista/Server 2008, Mac OS X, Unix.
- Collect data from traditional databases to hadoop file system by using Sqoop.
- Perform ETL using, Pig and MapReduce to transform transactional data to de-normalized form.
- Configure periodic incremental imports of data from traditional file system into HDFS using Sqoop.
- Migrated ETL jobs to Pig scripts do Transformations, even joins and some pre-aggregations before storing the data onto HDFS.
- Used Sqoop to dump data from MySQL relational database into HDFS for processing and exporting data to RDBMS.
- Create reports using Splunk.
Environment: MySQL, Sqoop, Splunk, Pig, Hadoop.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed SQL queries, unions and multiple table’s joins and Views and followed ETL process.
- Applied Data Analysis, Data Requirement Analysis and Data Mapping using ETL processes.
- Helped client to solve business critical problems.
- Helped in maintaining rate plan driven and subscriber driven data warehouse.
- Supported managers in analyzing requirements/change requests and map with Informatica.
- Good knowledge with data analysis and participated in Data Modeling activity and applied ETL processes.
- Created queries to solve business critical problems and made report for the clients for the business requests.
- Provide support for production issues with the implemented systems using Informatica; proposed enhancements and required data transformations.
- Using Informatica Power Center created mappings and mapplets to transform the data according to the business rules.
- Analyzed, identified, fixed bad data from the Data Warehouse. Upstream data integration and migration processes in predefined schemas.
- Worked with testing team in troubleshooting the defects in the environment.
- Tested the mappings, workflows for ensuring the business requirements.
- Involved in performance tuning of SQL Queries adding indexes, mapping, having files locally avoiding network connections and avoiding/correcting transformation errors in a mapping.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Informatica 9.5.1.
- Create PL/SQL scripts for error handling in multiple systems in healthNet environment using Informatica.
- Build Workflows using task developer, Worklet designer and Workflow designer in workflow manager and monitored the results using Informatica Power Center’s workflow monitor to complete ETL process.
- Understanding of ETL Transformations like Router, Aggregator, Normalizer, Joiner, Expression and Lookup, Update strategy and Sequence generator using Informatica.
- Collate and analyzed business requirements, and delivered technology solutions for client Health Net using waterfall methodology.
- Implemented slowly changing dimensions (SCD) for some of the Tables as per user requirement.
- Led brainstorming and strategic discussions with client and Confidential teams across continents; increased offshore team’s visibility.
- Develop mappings, worked to upload Source data from different source systems like ABS, CSC and MC400 into the Membership Repository.
- Developed Stored Procedures and used them in Stored Procedure transformation for data processing and have used data migration tools.
- Created and Configured Workflows and Sessions to transport the data to target warehouse Oracle tables using Informatica Workflow Manager.
Environment: ORACLE 10g, Informatica Power Center 8.6.1, UNIX, PL/SQL.
- Work with team for Investigation on algorithms to generate different IO buffer placement scenarios as per the given bump out to allow user to make a decision & fully windows based implementation.
- Enabled Automation on all design decisions, previously a manual process carried out by chip design architects.