- About Eight years of progressive hands - on experience in Data warehousing and ETL processes using Informatica.
- Excellent understanding of ETL, Dimensional Data Modeling techniques, Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) and Data Warehouse Concepts - Star and Snowflake schemas, Fact and Dimension tables, Surrogate keys, and Normalization/Denormalization.
- Experience in Data Warehouse/Data Mart Development Life Cycle.
- Expertise in DWH technical architecture, design, business requirement definition and Data Modeling. Responsible for designing, coding, testing, integrating the ETL processes and implementing the reporting requirements.
- Well acquainted with Informatica Designer Components - Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet and Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager and Monitor.
- Well versed with ETL procedures to load data from different sources like Oracle, flat files, XML files into DWH using Informatica Power Center.
- Design and develop code in SQL and PL/SQL. Comfortable developing Unix shell scripts to run SQL scripts and Informatica workflows from Unix server.
- Extensively used various Performance Tuning techniques to improve ETL performance.
- Analytical and Technical aptitude with ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment and keen to learn new technologies.
- Proficient in understanding business processes/requirements and translating them into technical requirement specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, technically competent and result-oriented with problem solving skills and ability to work effectively as a team member as well as independently.
- Developed effective working relationships with client team to understand support requirements, develop tactical and strategic plans to implement technology solutions and effectively manage client expectations.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 8.x/7.x, OLAP, OLTP
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server, MySQL
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Java, C, Shell Scripting, Perl, PHP, XML, HTML
Data Modeling: MS Visio, Erwin
Tools: SQL Developer, Toad, SQL*Plus, AutoSys, MS Office.
Environment: Unix, Windows 7/XP/Vista, Linux, Mac OS X
IT Concepts: Data Structures and Algorithms, Software Development Life Cycle.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
ETL Developer - Consultant
- Involved in all phases including Requirement Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and Documentation.
- Translated the business processes into Informatica mappings.
- Responsible for coordinating development and testing efforts with offshore team members.
- Develop, test and maintain ETL procedures employing both ETL tools and custom PL/SQL.
- Participated in the development and maintenance of a Date Warehouse Routine Load Schedule.
- Involved in business requirements gathering to enable Data Integration across all business groups.
- Extensive involvement with the Quality Assurance team for building exhaustive set of test cases.
- Implemented logic to control job dependencies between the workflows solely through the use of event-raise and event-wait tasks and entries made by ETLs in pilot database tables.
- Used most of the transformations such as the Connected & Unconnected Lookups, Filters, Routers, Joiners, Stored Procedure transformations, Sequence Generators & Mapplets.
- Worked on making session runs more flexible through the use of mapping parameters and variables by using parameter files and variable functions to manipulate them.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions (Type-2).
- Identified and resolved the bottlenecks in source, target, transformations, mappings and sessions to improve performance.
- Performed the Unit and Integration Testing which validated that the data is mapped correctly which provides a qualitative check of overall data flow.
- Created and Documented ETL Test Plans, Test Cases, Expected Results, Assumptions and Validations.
- Prepared the coding standards and quality assurance policies and procedures.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/9.1.1 , Oracle 11, Toad, Shell Scripts, Autosys, Windows XP.
ETL Developer - Consultant
- Study the existing source databases and interact with decision makers for analyzing their business plans.
- Worked with heterogeneous sources including relational sources and flat files.
- Worked on creating staging Tables, Constraints, Indexes, and Views.
- Developed ETL sessions for initial full loading and incremental loading.
- Used various Transformations like Joiner, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Filter, Update Strategy, Stored Procedures, and Router while developing the ETL mappings.
- Optimized/Tuned mappings for better performance and efficiency, identifying the bottlenecks.
- Worked on different tasks in Workflows like sessions, events raise, event wait, decision, e-mail, command, worklets, and scheduling of the workflow.
- Used Informatica debugger to identify the data issues and fix the mappings.
- Responsible for retrofitting the code to QA environment, and extending the support for the QA and UAT for fixing the bugs.
- Extensively used ILM tool for data masking.
- Used PMCMD command to start and run the workflow from the UNIX environment.
- Proactively identifying the changes required within the production environment and working on the enhancements/Change requests.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1, Oracle 9i, SQL Plus, Erwin, Windows XP, Visio.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Liaising with Users and Technical team to convert business requirements into Technical Specifications .
- Analyze the requirements and create the High-level, detailed design document.
- Participate in creating application architecture document.
- Working with business to get the requirements and prepare requirements documents as per Confidential standards.
- Developed and implemented data migration and upgrade procedures.
- Created design documents, mappings specification and unit test cases as per the requirements.
- Closely work with Insight Analytics team to provide strategic data through Informatica for business reports.
- Worked with delimited and fixed with flat files and load data into Salesforce.com using direct and indirect methods.
- Extensively used Salesforce Bulk API to load 27 million of customers in less than 6 hours.
- Used pass through partitioning to improve the job runtime during data normalization.
- Developing Unix scripts for splitting/sorting files, masking data and running workflows from command line.
- Extensively worked with different transformations such as Aggregator, Expression, Router, Filter, Lookup, and Sorter.
- Extensively used Normalizer transformation with 140 occurrences.
- Created reusable mapplets and transformation.
- Created user defined function and called them in multiple mappings.
- Used mapping variables to remove the duplicates based on certain fields.
- Created command tasks to invoke Unix scripts from Informatica.
- Worked with Workflow variables to pass the values to the command task rather passing hard coded value.
- Created Unix scripts to invoke the jobs using pmcmd and automated them with scheduling tool AUTOSYS.
- Implemented performance tuning logic on targets, sources, mappings, sessions to provide maximum efficiency and performance.
- Maintaining all Informatica servers and performing all Informatica Administration tasks such as taking back up of Repository, Domain and user privileges activities.
- Deploys the code from DEV to UAT and then to PROD using Informatica deployment groups.
Environment: Informatica Power Center, SUSE Linux, Power Exchange for Salesforce.com with Bulk API, MS SQL Server
Confidential, San Francisco CA
ETL Developer - Consultant
- Developed Informatica mappings to move data from various databases to Data warehouse (Reporting Database).
- Replicated the existing functionality using Informatica 6.1 for Data Extraction, Transformation, Loading and automating the processes.
- Involved in Unit testing of the mappings.
- Involved in Performance tuning and bottleneck resolution.
- Debug and fix defects raised by the QA team.
Environment: Informatica 6.1, SQL Plus, PL/SQL and Windows 2000
Confidential, San Francisco CA
- Develop the database schema design using the Entity-Relationship model as per user requirements.
- Used complex SQL to query the database and was involved in SQL optimization of existing queries.
- Involved in writing Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures/Functions/Packages and Triggers.
- Worked with materialized views to obtain optimal query performance.
- Generate various reports to help business teams analyze various carrier and cell phone demands.
Environment: MySQL, SQL Plus, PL/SQL and Windows 2000