An enterprise data architect with proven expertise in data management disciplines applied to OLTP On Line Transaction Processing , DW Data warehousing and BI Business Intelligence . Leadership in data warehousing and business intelligence, data governance, Master Data Management and SOA Service Oriented Architecture based data integration for ERP Enterprise Resource Planning and custom systems. Hands on full life cycle data architecture for functional and enterprise database systems development
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- A practical team focused data architect with over 20 years' expertise in information technologies.
- Planning and delivery in operational systems, data warehousing and agile BI, content and unstructured data management, master data management, data quality and governance.
- Data architect expertise as lead delivery person in charge of implementing data best practices in multimillion dollar corporate initiatives in customer care, mergers and acquisitions, product data management, precision pricing, customer service, and master data integration for domains including customer, product, and worker.
- Contributor to industry methods around information management, systems integration, DW, BI, CRM, MDM, SOA, and data governance quality.
- Practitioner team mentor in systems development methods for agile business intelligence, repositories metadata catalogs, data re-engineering and SOA based XSD schema design.
- Expertise in data management and integration technologies for Oracle, Microsoft, Teradata, Informatica, Microstrategy, Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau.
- Data architect for ERP deployments including Oracle for CRM, Human Resources, Oil Gas, Customer Care, and Contact Center Operations.
- Solution Architect for National Consulting Company's Data Management practice. Responsible for solution definition and delivery in agile BI and MDM SOA for multiple Clients. Delivering and guiding functional and enterprise projects in a variety of industries including energy, finance, high tech, and health care. Educating Clients on business value and practical techniques for enterprise data management. Defining and delivering projects based on data architecture best practice, end state vision, and deployment roadmaps.
- Lead Data Architect for a 20BB Fortune 150 energy company. Responsible for data management requirements, analysis and design defining and building their enterprise data architecture. Duties involve definition and delivery of OLTP and DW BI solutions based on industry standards. Provide leadership, methods design and technical direction for all data management projects across five business units. Grew teams applying rigorous data management within end to end systems development. Influenced development teams to adopt corporate information re-use within IT initiatives.
- Lead Data Architect for a regional energy company. Hands on vision, strategy, and delivery, implementing an integrated BI strategy across business units. Developed best practices, executive communications, and technology standards in support of business initiatives. As lead data architect on a 7 person team, designed and deployed a Customer Management DW performing requirements, design, source to target mapping, OLTP data sourcing, and target DB design in a SQL Server environment with Tableau BI.
- Solution Architect for Data Management practice. Clients require proven solutions adapted to their business needs and technology investments. This role combines delivery expertise in enterprise initiatives with thought leadership and vision to develop a unified data management approach to OLTP operational and strategic BI and DW data, content, and governance. Responsible for defining and delivering complex programs for BI and MDM using industry best practices and technologies including Oracle SOA Suite, Microsoft, Netezza, Informatica MDM, DQ, and ETL, MicroStrategy, and Business Objects.
- For a global High Tech company: lead data architect designing and deploying 5 projects, ensuring all teams followed consistent data models and XSD schemas for operational integration and data warehousing. Participated in requirements definitions, and developed designs for ETL, data models, and database designs. Technologies included Netezza, Informatica PowerCenter MDM and DQ, and Oracle SOA Suite for web services.
- For a regional CMS Analytics company, acted as lead data modeler on their integrated HCC Hierarchical Condition Categories data warehouse. Participated in requirements analysis and database design including source to target mappings for initial and incremental loads. The DW was built in Microsoft SQL Server.
- For a global energy company, lead practice architect for a data re-engineering project to re-platform legacy mainframe data to distributed systems for ad hoc analysis. Designed conversion approach and work products using Informatica's Velocity methodology, and Technologies included SQL Server and SAP Business Objects.
Lead Data Architect for regional utility provided vision and delivery implementing an integrated BI strategy across business units. Developed best practices, communications, and technology standards in support of business initiatives. This role required influencing project teams while delivering as a data architect during DW and BI development. Acted as Lead Data Architect on a major Data Warehouse project for their Texas retail energy business unit, delivering requirements, designs, and standardized data structures supporting acquisition and retention business strategies deployed in Microsoft and Tableau data visualization analytics.
- As Data Architect for a customer blueprint project, responsibilities included end to end re-engineering a data warehouse database to conform to their corporate data architecture. Developed requirements, database designs, ETL source to target mappings, and first cut DDL following corporate standards. Also developed best practices for the data architecture team, and master data, data governance and stewardship processes related to an integrated Customer view. Significant business facing and strategic requirements gathering. Technologies included Business Objects, Informatica, and TeraData. confidential
- As lead data modeler for the integrated services group, developed a comprehensive Logical Data Model mapped to Warranty Reserve global process model. The LDM validated the process model, mapped to global Systems of Record, and documented gaps for data sourcing in to a proposed Global Integrated Services Management data mart. confidential
- Lead various delivery teams supporting data warehouse conversion and enhancement for Federal program with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Coordinated releases from data providers, task plans to migrate legacy BI technology stack to 3 tier technical compliance. Environment included Cognos Report.Net, Informatica, Siebel Analytics. confidential
- Developing shared services staffing function and data integration deliverables for a rapidly growing global energy firm. Tasked with applying data rigor to major ERP systems integrations Siebel, LodeStar, Oracle Finance PeopleSoft HR, and Maximo asset management applying Master Data Management methods through Master Data Services using XSD schemas for TIBCO SOA and EDA technologies. Defined methodologies to derive common business objects in XSD schemas from relational data models for enterprise services around employee, organization rollup, positions, trades, and deals. Technologies include ERWin All Fusion, CA Model Manager, data profiling and reverse engineering, TIBCO Canon for XML schemas. Actively sunset DW ETL technologies in favor of BI SOA event based business process middleware data integrations. Our re-use discipline improved ERP project interfaces in all business units with over 50 model reuse in first year. Significant win was a 40MM national accounts energy retailer redesign initiative involving Siebel, LodeStar, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, and B-to-B fulfillment and settlement. Also lead data governance initiatives for data profiling, cleansing, scorecards, system of record, and stewardship to apply measurable data confidence at point of entry using active event based SOA compliant data quality rules engine.
Technologies included BO Data Quality XI.
- Responsible for customer solutions in event driven integration for enterprise resource planning systems and data warehousing. Managing teams to provide a consistent approach and methodology for functional and enterprise messaging and middleware projects to integrate and improve cross systems business processes. Vendors include TIBCO, BEA, SeeBeyond, and traditional ETL vendors such as Informatica and Ascential.
- Facilitated clients' strategic roadmap recommendations resulting in multimillion dollar technology acquisitions in EAI data integration licensing and deployments for publishing and financial services. Sold and staffed the first EAI projects for hospitality CRM initiatives, providing senior staff for a highly visible project to improve customer loyalty at point of sale.
For Key Energy Services, a premier energy services company provided development of consolidated reporting for operational and management needs. The initial project to integrate Siebel's work management system grew into a DSS deployment for all systems contributing to asset management, costs, revenues, and HR. Tools included Cognos Impromptu, Powerplay, and SeeBeyond ETL.
- For a national energy provider ran program office for a fast track initiative to define and deliver business critical information to operations and marketing business lines. Provided overall direction for five teams building proof of concept solutions for revenue, gains and losses, credit, and market analytics. Tools and vendors included Oracle, SAS, Cognos, Informatica, ERWin, and Sun.
- For a Fortune 200 waste services provider responsible for all enterprise decision support and operational data store data model development for customer related information. Projects included sales, marketing and operations using ERWin and Informatica's Power Analytics product.
Lead data architect for a fortune 200 financial services institution consolidated their corporate data warehouse architecture. Participated in data standards and executive joint visioning sessions for the finance group. Assessed recommended technologies for all business intelligence initiatives. Presented executive business case resulting in adoption of corporate IT strategic roadmap recommendations. Comprehensive vendor assessments included IBM, NCR, Oracle, Ab Initio, Ascential, Informatica, Cognos, SAS, MicroStrategy, EssBase.
For a Fortune 100 telecom provider gave overall data architectural guidance and project management to a leading edge Enterprise Application Integration EAI initiative. This program integrated operational delivery and decision support capabilities using methods from Master Data Management, definition of gold sources, identification of data stewardship and governance committees. Guided Oracle CRM and product catalog selection efforts. Oversaw strategy and delivery for all enterprise data architectures. Vendors and tools included CA ERWin, ModelMart, CA PR/OEE Repository, Vitria middleware, Oracle CRM, Product Data Management, Informatica.
For a global aerospace manufacturing company: provided the data administration methodology that implemented an Enterprise Application Integration EAI hub and spoke architecture applying Master Data Management and data governance principles. Vendor tools included CA products ERWin, ModelManager, DecisionBase, PR OEE repository, and Oracle DBMS.
- For this global technology consulting firm, was responsible for a variety of industry leading solutions, including the Customer Value Analysis Accelerated Business Solutions ABS sm , a CRM solution incorporating database marketing and customer treatment tactics offered to banks, retailers, and insurers. ABS won industry recognition from such organizations as Gartner Group, which placed the consulting firm's database marketing solution in its magic quadrant with the highest ranking for completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- Managed and participated on multimillion dollar engagements for banking, insurance, telecom, and retail Clients. Managed all major OLAP, ETL, DBMS, and modeling software vendors. Projects used Xchange, Oracle, SAS, ETI Informatica and CA database design and model management tools.
- Managed vendors supporting KPMG's Brookriver Solution Center, an international showcase displaying working functionality from vendors and KPMG solutions. Data Architecture team leader for KPMG's Technology Leadership Council, an organization promoting knowledge management which influenced the DW industry's trends.
For this leading automotive importer, coordinated finance division's requirements vendor assessments to move into next generation dealer and customer financing capability.
- As the lead data architect for a regional health care provider developed their Enterprise Data Architecture and Data Warehouse data model using traditional IE and Data Warehouse principles. Created financial scorecard schema, designed calculations for derivations of key business drivers, interviewed executives to determine appropriate metrics and reporting hierarchies across organizations. Revised E Y's Navigator methodology to support BI requirements based analysis.
- For a national credit card issuer, provided project management and requirements facilitation to complete development of a mission critical data model, halting MMs in cost overruns. Coordinated teams for all aspects of data modeling. Conducted JADs with dozens of management staff.
- For this global telecommunications firm, participated in strategic data planning application development. Implemented shared data strategies and ran projects using Information Engineering disciplines by James Martin and Clive Finkelstien.
- Prior qualifications, including retail, accounting and human resources IT development are available on request.