- Seeking challenging Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence Architect position that can best utilize my technical skills and experience.
- 15+ years of extensive experience with enterprise software applications. 9+ years with Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence applications. Expertise in Data Modeling, Data integration,MDM,ODS, Dimensional Modeling & Star - Schemas(Kimball), ETL process and frameworks. Deep understanding of Big Data analytic theory & practices.
- Expertise’s with programming languages: SQL, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, Teradata 13.10, Teradata 14.10, C/C++, Java, UNIX Shell Scripts, Perl, .NET,ASP, PHP.
- Experts of Unix system architecture (Solaris 10, AIX 6.x, RedHat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux) and Win 2003/2008 R2 servers
- Extensive Experiences with business intelligence tools, including Siebel Analytics 7, OBIEE 10g/11g, SAP BusinessObject, IBM Infosphere 8.5, DataStage/QualityStage and BEA WebLogic server 9.x. ERWin, Toad, Teradata SQL Assistant. Informatica 8.6 & 9.1 PowerCenter, DataTransformation. DataMirror CDC.
Senior Technical Advisor, EDW Architect
- Work as a senior technical advisory source for all EDW projects. Provide technical advices in Teradata physical data model design and implementations.
- Attend multiple EDW project design reviews per week. Performance tuning for current production jobs (ETL & Microstrategy reports) in CVS's Teradata Enterprise EDW environment. ETL code review and provide performance enhancements solutions. Review RxClaim,Med D new data mart projects’ physical model design & ETL code review for all new PBM EDW projects.
- Worked as senior architect for Aster/Hadoop Big Data solution initiatives for data archiving solution.
- Review Code push from QA to prod. PROD Data backup,archive and refresh to QA/DEV using Teradata BAR & Tivoli. Help production support team debug production job failures and provide technical solutions.
- Create database monitoring alerts(on top of Viewpoint existing alerts.). Create production SQL profiling tools to find out usage patterns. Worked on setting up TASM workloads. Assist in database planning for new business initiatives. User Profiling & manage various roles.
Data Warehouse Architect
- BI Architect: Review current DW ETL process and provide assistance for improving current SPEND/MAP/SLA ETL processes implemented using Wherescape RED. Debug MicroStrategy Reports that having performance issues due to physical model design issues. Rebuilt physical models to achieve 20x fold report performance gains.
- Created ETL frame work to extract data from corporate EDW SDI data-mart to provide updated info to external corporate customers. Automated the whole process which was not possible before by building PERL script frameworks.
- Worked with GHX7 team to re-invent the corporate GHX7 extract ETL process. Rebuilt existing SQL Stored procedures to make the SPs worked fast on Teradata system.
- Teradata Production DBA:Worked as Data architect to convert logical models into Teradata physical implementation. Created database artifacts(database,tables and views,SP,FUNCTIONs) needed for business analyst group users. Backup of production databases, tables and data dictionary. Worked with Teradata GSC to patch & upgrade production systems. Worked closely with ETL team to migrate corporate SQL Server data(5T) into Teradata. Admin for all dev/qa/uat Teradata systems.
Data Warehouse Architect
- Design and develop corporate ETL framework for Enterprise Claim data warehouse.
- Built ETL process scripts from scratch. Lead in inventing proprietary ETL solutions to integrate terabytes of data from corporate Mainframe source systems.
- Lead in forklift project to make sure it’s delivered on time.
- Design and develop Informatica mappings for the data integration of EDW.
- Lead a team of 4 ETL designers (3 onshore and 1 offshore). Worked closely with team members on triage of data quality issues.