- Information Systems Senior Enterprise Data Architect, US Citizen with 18+ years of successful experiences in data governance initiatives with stewardship process and workflow, BPM, ETL a rchitect/l ead, d ata q uality r igor, dashboard, reporting and Master Data Management specialist.
- Data Warehouse…Data Integration…Business Intelligence…MDM…CDI…Online Analytics...CRM...SCM…ERP… EPM
- Product Planning…Re - engineering…Content Technology…Relational Databases…EII…XML…ETL (batch & real-time) Internet…UNIX…Windows…Mainframe…Business Objects…COGNOS… PEOPLESOFT…SAP…Oracle Financials
- IBM WCC/MDM…SIPERIAN… Erwin…ER/Studio…Visio…DB Artisan…Toad…
- PL/SQL, T-SQL, C/C++…Java…J2ee…XML (Altova)…XSLT…VB…WEBSPHERE…WEBLOGIC
- Oracle… DB2-UDB...Sybase…MS SQL Server… NETEZZA
Confidential, Malvern, PA
Sr. Information specialist
- As part of Governance council, Coordinate with the Business users and Stewards to set up JAD-sessions to capture requirements and develop several Use-cases, workflows and data-flows to support Information Governance initiative.
- Architect solution to migrate older Enterprise Metadata Management (EMM) System into the newer IBM Information Governance Catalog (IBM InfoSphere ver. 11.5/11.3.2 , IMAM). Migration involved writing DataStage jobs to read views in EMM Oracle database and develop a complex XML output that includes 3 levels of Categories and 1000's of Business Terms with associated multiple Labels, Referencing Categories that identifies Confidential Legal Entities (across 11 Countries), Custom Attributes to support Custom Stewardship process that is extended to support beyond what is offered within IBM IGC.
- Manage Business Glossary and its definition, Critical data, PII, Legal entities and Information Assets include privacy, rules, policies and procedures, data quality monitoring and reporting, documentation.
- Design DataStage/REST-API web-services to integrate with Database, Application, UI, Cognos reporting and BPM Process for Stewardship process which was extensively used to read IGC via REST-API calls and write back to IGC with updates.
- Used IMAM to import metadata from various repositories such as MDM, SAP, Oracle Applications, Cobol programs, RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, Sybase, MS SQL Server), Cognos Reports, and Excel and Text files.
- The REST-API is used to support CRUD operation and complex workflow process to support SDLC and Data Administration process with email notification and approval process built-in.
- Manage Lineage reports and Impact Analysis.
Sr. Governance/Metadata Specialist
- Set up installation, configuration and connectivity to various sources and validate them to work with all components of IIS (DataStage, Information Analyzer, Metadata Workbench, FastTrack, IMAM), Netezza and Oracle databases.
- Provided much needed guidance in Information Governance and covering business glossary/metadata requirement
- Promote best practices to maintain up-to-date metadata and provide administration services for end-to-end lineage reporting.
- Strategy for metadata imports, ETL design and migration, leveraging Metadata Management with business and data lineage and impact analysis
- Capture Metadata from Oracle, Text Files, EPIC database (MS SQL Server), MDM, Netezza, Cognos, SAP Business Objects, Oracle Discoverer and OBIEE.
- Implement Business Glossary and integrate with Cognos BI using Rest-API calls.
- Managed elevation to higher environments and support for DEV, QA and PROD environments.
Sr Governance/Metadata Architect
- Architect a Metadata Management using InfoSphere Metadata Workbench tool for importing metadata from ETL, Database Oracle 11g to Netezza 7.0.4 Data Warehouse Appliance
- Manage Data Model(s) and its metadata from an eCommerce related Data Warehouse capturing data from disparate systems including Oracle based Order Management System (OMS) and huge amounts of XML files coming from various WebStores and external domains. Link Information Assets to related Glossary Assets.
- The data related to Customer, Product, Address, and Inventory explodes into 100’s of millions of records running in excess of 10TB of data currently with the future growth of storing 30+ TB of data.
- The Netezza platform is used for various kinds of reporting including 3rd party, regulatory, management reports and performing on-the-fly Analytics.
- Managed complete metadata and lineage reporting from imported items.
- Managed DEV, QA/Integration, Pre-Prod and Prod environments.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
Information Governance Specialist
- Provide guidance, data governance, best practices and standards for implementing Data Quality Management (DQM), Business Glossary (BG) and Metadata Management across the Enterprise
- Architecting a Data Quality Management solution that involves implementing Business Glossary & Metadata Management solution across various business domains that involves end-to-end capture of Metadata from various sources, Excel, Data Warehouse, Data Mart(s), MDM, and SAP Business Objects repository.
- Provide reporting related to Business lineage, Data lineage, Impact Analysis, Operational Metadata usage for the Metadata Management initiative.
- Mentor and Train business and technical users and document artifacts.
Sr InfoSphere/Metadata Specialist
- Coordinated with business and key stakeholders on the requirements, data mappings, and business rules and establishing guidelines for the implementation.
- Perform data reviews and coordinate with business analysts and modelers on priorities and layout.
- Business Glossary and Metadata Workbench support for business & data lineage.
- Architect and assist in ETL design, data modeling, mapping reviews, development, access, capacity planning, indexing and partition strategy.
- Migration of DataStage v7.5, v8.1, v8.5 to DataStage V8.7
- Managed group of onshore/offshore ETL developers and coordinated with Database Administrators, Business Analysts to deliver end-to-end implementation of design, development and deployment which got successfully rolled-out.
- Set up strategy for Disaster Recovery (DR) plans and procedures
- Document the Systems Design Document and other related artifacts as part of transition phase-out plan
- Arranged a 2-week daily session with IT stakeholders of Rescap for transfer-of-knowledge on various domains related to subject areas such as CFDR, SBO, INFORMENT, WALT, CMS, WESTPAT In/Out feeds, and BASEL Calculator.
- Performed initial revamping of current Bank Deposit Repository/Data Warehouse environment.