- Over 13+ years of Professional experience in Information Technology field with proficient in various Business Intelligence and Data ware housing tools and worked in different roles as Tech lead, Architect, Team lead, Project Management, Service delivery etc.
- Around 8 years of strong ETL Informatica experience on various versions like PC 7x/8x/9x.
- End to end implementation of BMC Control M reporting tool and 6 years of Production support experience
- Hands on experience on Informatica Upgrade projects from 7x to 8x to 9x in Linux environment
- Carried out Full life cycle Data warehouse project like requirement analysis, Modeling and designing, database and end user application development.
- Lead several Business Intelligence and Data ware house projects for various complex projects and multiple domains like Insurance, Baking, Retail, Manufacturing with extensive experience creating technical design documents, project plans, Mapping Inventory etc.
- Created data models, built Informatica ETL processes, dimensional data modeling primarily star schema, performing data migration, defining user interfaces, executing large projects, assuring quality and deployment.
- Lead the large scale Transformation Project which involved moving and upgrading all the servers from client data center to our own data center.
- Strong in converting business requirements to project documentation and technical specifications.
- Worked on Active directory and LDAP security, roles, group creation and integrating with various applications
- Around 5+ year’s hands on experience on working in various Business intelligence tools like Cognos, Hyperion Essbase, IRS, BRIO, OBIEE in various data warehouses and business intelligence projects.
- Experienced in SDLC including Analyze, Design/Model, Implement, Test and Maintenance
- Good Knowledge in ITSM, CMM and Agile process and Certified ITIL - Foundation Certificate in IT- Service Management
- Hands on experience on Business Continuity Program and Disaster Recovery system
- Experience on leading Onsite/Offshore model, Service delivery and customer handling
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.1, 8.6.1/7.1/6.2 , Informatica Data Replication (IDR), Informatica Power Exchange, Metadata Manager, Informatica Data Validation Option (DVO)
Reporting Tools: Cognos, Hyperion Essbase, BRIO, Interactive Reporting Service, OBIEE
RDBMS: Oracle 11, 10g/9i/8.0,DB2, MS SQL Server, MS Access, DB2, Teradata, Greenplum
Script Languages: Perl Script, Java script, shell script, Tomcat
Language: Java, SQL, PL/SQL.
Others: Citrix, Telnet, SQL developer, Toad, Visio pro, ER Studio, Clear case, Remedy, Sub version, CVC, BMC Control M
- Installed BMC Control M 7.0 into new Linux VM
- Configured Control M database in Oracle 11 database
- Installed Control M Server and Agents in Development, UAT and Production servers
- Installed Control M Agents in various Application servers like Informatica, IDR, OBIEE etc
- Developed around 2500 new Control M jobs and scheduled them in Control M Enterprise Manager
- Created new groups and users within Control M and synced up with LDAP
- Leveraged all the functionality of Control M like sending automated emails alerts, scheduling audit reports, Forecast Manager, business impact manager, restarting the failed jobs automatically etc
Environment: BMC Control M 7.0, Informatica 8.6.1, 7.1, Oracle 10, 11, OBIEE, Linux VM, Unix scripts, Toad, Windows etc
- Lead a team ETL/BI developers and a ETL tester
- Prepared the Functional System Design Document based on the initial business requirement design document
- Created the Star Schema Data model for the Aggregate reporting project using ER Studio
- Prepared the Mapping Inventory and ETL Design documents
- Helped in developing the new tables, views, procedures, Index etc
- Coordinated with business partners and Business Intelligence team to understand their requirement and prepared the ETL’s
- Worked on ETL tuning to increase the performance
- Created the Informatica jobs and scheduled them through Informatica scheduler
- Created Unix Shell scripts to move files from one Unix server to another server
- Managed the ETL codes in CVS and Sub version
- Worked in DB2 database as the Target database
Environment: Informatica Power center 8.6.1, DVO, OBIEE, DB2 9x, Teradata, Windows XP, UNIX, ER Studio, Toad, WinSCP and UNIX Shell Script.
- Worked as an Informatica Lead and Admin.
- Performed Upgrade of Informatica PC Version 7.x to Informatica PC 8.x
- Responsible for ETL Architecture. Implemented standards and best practices
- Managed application development, implementation and Production release.
- Worked extensively on SAP data sources and hands on experience on Informatica Power exchange connector to connect to SAP source.
- Provided Production support for the entire EDW applications.
- As per change request (CR) migration of objects in all phases (DEV, QA and PROD) of project.
- Involved in performance tuning of the Mappings, SQL statements, Query optimization, and Explain Plan utilities for Optimum Performance and used Informatica Debugger.
- Involved in labeling and migrating the Mappings, Workflows using Deployment groups from Dev to Test and Prod environment.
- Experience in create, backup and restore for Informatica Repositories
- Used BMC Control M tools for scheduling Informatica jobs.
- Responsible to manage the privileges of users and folders using Repository Manager and used Informatica Admin console for Admin activities such as starting / stopping server, repository backups and their restorations
- Provided architectural design for Informatica.
- Worked as a Data Analyst in defining the data process flow.
- Managed user permissions on the folders in Dev, Test, Stage environments.
- Created deployment group, queries and labels.
- Managed PC Integration, repository, Analyst, Reporting, Model repository services.
- Lead the offshore team of ETL/BI Developers providing them with in depth understanding of the Architecture, ETL system design and requirements.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts for invoking the Informatica jobs through Control M tool.
- Mentored junior members in team on Informatica Power Center product suite.
- Developed data Mappings between source systems to Landing and from Standardization to warehouse components using Mapping Designer.
- Worked extensively on different types of transformations like source qualifier, expression, filter, aggregator, rank, update strategy, lookup, stored procedure, sequence generator, joiner.
- Problem resolution involves resolving the issues raised by the client/actuarial users, validation of the data in the database or in the application functionality.
- Optimizing/Tuning mappings/sessions, indexing and partitioning for better performance and efficiency.
Environment: Informatica Power center 8.6.1, Oracle 10g, Windows XP, Sun Solaris, SUSE Linux, and UNIX as Server and Citrix as Client, BMC Control M Tool and UNIX Shell Script.
- Worked with business to understand the requirement and prepare BRD, FSD, Mapping Inventory and other technical documents
- Prepared the data model
- Designed the tables, views, indexes etc
- Worked on scheduling the Informatica jobs through BMC Control M tool
- Created the OBI repository and build custom dash board and reports
- Worked on deploying the OBIEE components from dev to SIT and prod environments
- Worked on performance tuning like configuring the cache management, building summary/aggregate tables etc
- Co ordinate with offshore development team to transfer the business requirements and to meet the deadlines
- Co ordinate with business partners during UAT and during Production cut off