- Around 8 years of work experience in IT Industry in Analysis, Development and Maintenance of various software applications in Data warehouse environment.
- Strong experience in providing Business Intelligence solutions using Informatica Power Center 10.x/9.x/8.x/7.x.
- Good knowledge of Data warehouse concepts and principles - Star Schema, Snowflake, SCD.
- Excellent knowledge on modern development lifecycles including Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Informatica Administration. Involved in grid management, creation and up gradation of repository contents, creation of folders and users and their permissions.
- Well acquainted with Informatica Designer Components - Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet and Mapping Designer.
- Worked extensively with complex mappings using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Filter, Joiner, Router, Union, Unconnected / Connected Lookups and Aggregator.
- Strong Experience in developing Sessions/tasks, Worklets, Workflows using Workflow Manager Tools - Task Developer, Workflow and Worklet Designer.
- Having good knowledge about the architecture of the Oracle and SQL server databases.
- Experience in identifying Bottlenecks in ETL Processes and Performance tuning of the production applications using Database Tuning, Partitioning, Index Usage, Aggregate Tables, Session partitioning, Load strategies, commit intervals and transformation tuning.
- Extensively worked with Oracle, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions Cursors, Indexes and Triggers and involved in Query Optimization.
- Strong experience in Performance Tuning of sources, targets, transformations and sessions.
- Good experience in documenting the ETL process flow for better maintenance and analyzing the process flow.
- Excellent Client interaction, Team Coordination, been responsible for Deliverable's, Onsite Offshore Coordination.
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting, FTP, SFTP and file management in various UNIX environments.
- Highly Motivated to take independent responsibility as well as ability to contribute and be a productive team member
ETL Tools: Informatica Power center 10.x/9.x/8.x/7.x
Reporting Tools: Cognos, Business Objects XI, MS SQL Server Reporting services 2005, Developer 2000(Forms 5.0, Reports 6i), Crystal Reports 10, Crystal Reports 2008
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 , Sybase, DB2, MySQL, MS- Access
Programming Skills: Shell Scripting, K-Shell, C-Shell, C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, Xml files
Scripting Languages: Unix Shell Scripting
GUI: Toad, Oracle designer
Operating Systems: UNIX(Sun Solaris 2.x,HP/UX), Win 95/NT/98/2000/XP, MVS,MS-DOS, IBM AIX 4.2
Scheduling Tools: Tidal, Control-m
Applications: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, FrontPage, PowerPoint
Utilities: SQL* PLUS, VSS, Visio
Sr. ETL Informatica Developer, Team Lead
- Involved in all phases of SDLC process like requirement gathering, design, development, testing, user training and support the production environment.
- Worked in Agile environment and attended the daily scrum meeting, bi-weekly Sprint planning/review and retrospective meetings accordingly.
- Worked in Dev-ops environment.
- Worked closely with the Business Analyst, Data Modeler and Solution Architect during the design phase and prepared the ETL design documents for different Business streams.
- Conduct Design reviews, setting up the coding standards, exceptions and getting the required approvals for the same.
- Worked on setting up the Informatica, UNIX and Database environment for the new project.
- Extensively worked on Informatica Power Exchange navigator and Informatica Power center tools such as Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager and Repository Manager.
- Used Informatica Power Center for extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) data from heterogeneous source systems into target database and Flat files.
- Involved in extracting the data from the VSAM Files and load into relational databases.
- Involved in performance tuning of ETL/ Informatica interfaces and Database queries.
- Implemented error-processing strategy to reprocess the error data and manage notification of error data to corresponding business team.
- Performed Impact Analysis on existing ETL interfaces and provided the summary to the business team.
- Responsible for migrating the ETL, UNIX, Scheduling scripts, DB objects from one environment to another environment.
- ETL deliverables are documented and provided as per the client requirement.
- Provide Integration and UAT support and fix the defects accordingly.
- Designed job sequences to automate the process and document all the job dependencies, predecessor jobs, and frequencies to help the support people better understand the job runs.
- Scheduled jobs using Contol-m scheduler.
- Support the application/ interfaces as required.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6.1/10.1.1 , Informatica power Exchange 10.1.0, Oracle11g, MS SQL Server 2008, Flat files, XML Files, VSAM Files, UNIX Shell Scripts, PL/SQL, Stone branch scheduler.
Sr. ETL Informatica Developer
- Actively involved in gathering requirements and acquiring application knowledge from Business Managers & Application Owners.
- Prepared the High-level Design document to provide an overview of the technical design specification system required for Application Enhancements.
- Gathered the business requirements from Clients and shared it with offshore team members on the daily status calls.
- Involved in Month end activities like monitoring the jobs, working on issues and SWAT meetings with clients.
- Extracted data from various Source Systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Flat Files, Xml Files, Power exchange and Db2 as per the requirements and loaded in to the target ODS.
- Designed and developed several complex mappings using various transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup, Aggregator, Router, Rank, Filter and Sequence Generator transformations.
- Extensively used Normal Join, Full Outer Join, Detail Outer Join, and master Outer Join in the Joiner Transformation.
- Used Mapping Variables, Mapping Parameters in the Informatica Mappings.
- Extensively worked on Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD’s).
- Used Workflow Monitor to monitor the jobs, reviewed error logs that were generated for each session, and rectified them.
- Involved in coding of the Business Rules through PL/SQL using the Functions, Triggers, Cursors and Stored Procedures.
- Identified performance issues in existing sources, targets and mappings by analyzing the data flow, evaluating transformations and tuned accordingly for better performance.
- Developed batch scripts for Daily and weekly Loads.
- Creating instructions for TWS scheduling tool and running the jobs from TWS accordingly.
- Involved in Unit, User Acceptance (UAT), System Integrating (SIT) testing of Informatica Sessions, Batches and the Target Data.
- Created test cases for carrying out unit testing and part of functional testing.
- Prepared Run books providing guidelines to trouble shoot the errors occurred during the run time and instructions on how to restart the loads.
- Actively involved in production support. Implemented fixes/solutions to issues/tickets raised by user community.
Environment: Informatica power center 9.6.1, Informatica power Exchange, Oracle11g, MS SQL Server 2008, DB2, Flat files, Xml Files, UNIX Shell Scripts, PL/SQL.
ETL Informatica Developer
- As part of Agile methodology, attending daily scrum meetings and sprint planning.
- Analyzing the given business requirements, brainstorming and preparing the mapping and design documentations.
- Conducting design reviews, setting up the coding standards, exceptions and getting approvals for the same.
- Dealing with different sources such as all kinds of Flat files, Oracle objects, and XML sources and load into the target ODS and Warehouse.
- Developed the Informatica mappings using different transformations like HTTP transformation, Transaction control, SQL transformation, Union, XML generator, Source qualifier, Expression transformation, Joiner, Update strategy, Sequence Generator transformation, Lookups, Filter, router, Normalizer, Aggregator transformation, XML parser etc.
- Created Persistent Lookup cache modified the look up SQL query and tuned the transformations like Aggregator, Joiner and implemented Incremental aggregation for better performance.
- Created various Reusable Components in Informatica for reusability purposes.
- Developed the Informatica workflows using reusable as well as non-reusable tasks such as command task, event raise, event wait, Decision, timer, sessions and workflows.
- Worked on performance tuning of the ETL processes to Optimize/tuned the mappings for better performance and efficiency.
- Analyzed WSDL interactions with Oracle On Demand to push as well as pull data via Informatica.
- Developed Unix shell scripts for various purposes such as file formatting, archiving etc.
- Developed shell scripts for Daily and weekly Loads.
- Worked on Tidal schedule for composing the Schedules, creating, updating and Deletion of the calendars.
- Under Maestro Deployment, deletion and taking backup of the maestro schedules and updating the schedules.
- Prepared ETL mapping Documents for every mapping and Data Migration document for smooth transfer.
- Prepared Production turnover documentations such as application workbooks, TIP, SOP etc, hosting the production turnover meetings and supported as the Tier 2 agent.
- Implementing Change Requests which have been approved by Deployment Governance Team in the Remedy Change Management System which includes Deploying Unix/informatica objects in Production.
- Worked on Priority Trouble Tickets as received via email from Tier-1.
- Performing Root Cause Analysis and fixing the code for Production Issues in case of any Job failures by debugging the processes.
Environment: Informatica power center 9.5.1/9.1, Informatica Web Services, Oracle11g, Flat files, Xml Files, Oracle on Demand (Cloud CRM Application), UNIX Shell Scripts,, PL/SQL.