- 11 years of Information Technology Experience in Data Migration/Data Integration/Data Warehousing projects and Application support and Project Maintenance using IBM InfoSphere Information Server DataStage & Quality Stage.
- Project roles incorporating the full project life cycle of analysis, design, build, testing, deployment and maintenance using SDLC and agile methodology.
- Proficient in designing & developing strategies for Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mechanism.
- Extensive experience in designing parallel jobs using various stages like Join, Merge, Lookup, Remove duplicates, Filter, Dataset, Modify, Aggregator, Change Capture and all Sequencer stages and designing server jobs using various types of stages like Hashed file, Transformer, Link Partitioner and Link Collector.
- Led onsite and offshore development team for huge data integration and migration projects.
- Familarity with Data Acquisation, Data Audit, Data Archival, Error & Rejection Handling, Data Profiling.
- Experience in ETL process, ETL Architect, ETL design, Convert Logical to Physical data model, data analysis, requirement gathering,source to target mapping.
- Proven track record in troubleshooting of Datastage jobs and addressing production issues like performance tuning and redesigning of Jobs, SQL’s and data issues.
- Experienced in integration of various data sources (SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, Teradata, xml, json ) into data staging area.
- In depth experience in ETL Design Specification, DataStage Design & Development, Quality Process, Testing Statergy, Unit Testing, Code deployment.
- Effective in cross - functional and global environments to manage multiple tasks and assignments concurrently with effective communication skills.
- Data Integration Tool - IBM InfoSphere Information Server 11.5, 11.3, IBM Datastage V8.7,9.1, Ascential Datastage Enterprise Edition 7.X.
- Data Quality- Quality Stage Address Verification Interface (AVI Stage), Address Standardization.
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server suite components - Information Governance catalog, Fast track, IMAM.
- SAP Data Services V14.2.8, Information Steward 4.2.
- Database: Oracle, SQL Server, Maria DB.
- UNIX/Linux Shell Scripting.
- Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Data Migration and ETL Concepts, Data Governance,Data Lineage and Linkage, MDM Concepts,Data vault.
ETL- Datastage Developer
- Designed and developed the datastage jobs to extracted data from the source files to Hubs and Satellites using RCP job.
- .Designed and developed the datatsatge jobs to Injest data into MDM Connector.
- Deaigned and Developed datastage job using Address Verification Interface stage for address validation and accuracy.
Skills: IBM Infosphere Datastage & QualityStage 11.7, Oracle 12c,Unix Shell Scripting.
- Responsible for providing technical direction on design, development and system integration to build Data Marts, Reporting and Data Analytics solutions for the client ( Confidential ). Specializing in ETL (Extract, Transform and Load), data integration and BI solution development.
- Interfacing with the Confidential technical teams to understand the requirements, conduct impact analysis.
- Responsible to perform detailed study questioning the end-users for reporting data elements, analyze data flows and identify integration patterns to design a high-level solution plan.
- Following a detailed study, Responsible for building the detailed design defining: ETL methods, data integration and transformation rules, collaborate with data architects and to define data hierarchy and build the physical data model.
- As an onsite Technical Lead, Responsible for providing technology development services client applications, data management and batch job processes to integrate multiple sources systems and call recoding platform infrastructure.
- Responsible for communicating the business priorities and explain the design approach and provide guidance/direction to the development teams to ensure the implementation of the requirements meet the business needs.
- Responsible for using IBM Infosphere Information Server to design, develop and implement complex ETL (Extract Transform and Load) code to integrate the client’s various heterogeneous contact center data source systems and to build an efficient and integrated ETL (Extract Transform and Load) system.
- Building the data extraction and transformation solutions in accordance with methodology adopted by Confidential - IBM.
- Perform code review, database design review and system design review with Enterprise architects and SMEs
- Client Support: Interfacing with the customers for day to day operational issues and provide solution to the same and identify project risks, rate the risks and provide mitigation plan to handle the situation.
- Tracking the project progress working with team members, develop and deliver progress reports, presentation and communicate the project status, issues to the client and stake holders.
- Implementing test driven development and behavior driven development patterns.
- Mentoring, coaching the client’s support teams and provide assistance working with them to resolve user issues
Skills: IBM Infosphere Datastage & QualityStage 11.5, DB2,SQl Server,Control-M, Unix Shell Scripting.
ETL & Data Quality Lead
- Designed and developed the datastage jobs to extracted data from the Golden DB environment and created flat files for various applications.
- Developed Jobs to load data into DB2,Oracle environment with complex transformations for various business use.
- Designed and developed datastage jobs to handle Key validation, Business code validation, Data cleansing, Landing, Staging,merging the data.
- Analyze and provide data metrics to management in order to help prioritize areas for data quality improvement.
- Generating ADHOC reports for business by writing SQL’s to fetch the data from database.
- Lead the team of 6 memebers for patient identity management using IBM Infosphere MDM Inspector.
- Participated in improvement of master data management process and support transactional systems.
- Determine root cause for data quality errors and make recommendations for long-term solutions.
- Identify, compare, and resolve data quality problemsand Evaluate large dataset for quality and accuracy.
- Involved in set up the data governanace process by working with various business users.
- Analyzed and developed proof of concepts using Qualitystage for Name Standardisation.
Skills: IBM Infosphere Datastage & QualityStage 9.1, IBM Infosphere MDM Inspector, DB2,ORACLE,Control-M, Unix Shell Scripting.
Senior ETL Developer
- Work with Tririga functional experts, legacy application owners and SME’s to understand the existing system and ETL functionality to build new ETL process to migrate data to support Tririga.
- Identify and understand the existing Datastage ETL code with required functionality, Which needs to be migrated to SAP Data Services
- Designed the efficient extraction process using Datastage, To extract data from the existing DB environments and create flat files for SAP Data Services.
- Designed and developed one time Datstage Jobs to migrate large volume of data with complex logic.
- Created design document, Mapping spec and functional documents.
- Closely worked with senior memebers and developers,testers on the ETL design, development process and testing statergy.
- Closely worked with DBA’s to create databse objects and fine tune the DB environments
- Reviewed the Datastage, SAP DS code,Information steward rules and data along with Senior team members and Architects.
- Analyze the data using Information steward, Created rules to identify the data quality issues and gaps.
- Created rules based on the functional spec/requirement to generate a scorecard and review and work with respective teams to fix the data issues.
- Review the score card with leadership team to get approvals for finalizing the data quality.
Skills: SAP Data Services V14.2.8, Information Steward 4.2, IBM Infosphere Datastage 9.1, SQL Server 2016 Version 12.0.
Senior ETL Developer
- Built a framework to extract DataStage jobs metadata information through IIS IGC API using DataStage jobs and Shell Scripts.
- Involved in identifying the right types, property and assets to query to get the lineage information.
- Developed reusable DataStage jobs to extract DataStage jobs metadata for version 11.5&11.3.
- Developed shell scripts using curl to invoke the IGC API’s by POST and GET method and develop post json queries to get the desired output.
- Analyzed and developed proof of concepts on different design approaches to extract metadata to form lineage.
- Worked in Information Governance catalog - IGC Queries to build reports to verify the extracted data through API’s, Lineage administrator to enable/include all jobs for the lineage.
- Designed DataStage jobs to process json files and used Hierarchical stage to invoke IGC API and used json parser stage to parse the output of the API and processed into staging.
- Involved in database modelling and creating the tables to load the metadata.
- Involved in identifying the granularity and creating keys and index
- Designed the Initial load (One time full dump of all DataStage jobs lineage data) and incremental load (Identify the new/changes/delete items and load).
- Configured Maria db connectivity to load and extract data from Maria db schemas and tables.
- Configured .jks keystore file using keytool by adding new keys of a different IIS servers for a SSL encryption.
- Automated the process to extract the metadata from various IIS servers and load them into a single repository.
- Involved in database profiling and documenting the mappings of Materialized views, Views, Golden Gate replication.
- Worked in IMAM and imported oracle, Teradata, MySQL, Maria database tables and flat files.
- Worked with various Confidential &T applications using IIS to understand their usage of IIS suite components and to get the access to their servers and explaining the DPLR functionality and advantage.
- Performed unit testing and Integration system testing.
Skills: IIS 11.5, 11.3, Maria DB, Oracle, Linux, Heidi Sql, Toad for Oracle.
Datastage Lead (Onsite)
- Involved in ETL Infrastructure, database design with architects, development team, clients.
- Involved in designing the migration framework, Best Practices and technical deliverables and Project planning and delivery schedules
- Worked in identifying problematic area like performance, auditing, archival and redesigned the ETL process to overcome issues.
- Worked in redesigning the server jobs to parallel jobs to optimize the minimal resources and better performance
- Involved in designing the database migration, migrated the data for front end applications from MySQL, Sybase databases to Oracle.
- Involved in designing and development of various complex ETL Process and Shell Scripts.
- Developed DataStage jobs to migrate data from Sybase, MySQL server to Oracle.
- Worked with clients, stake holders, Data Consumers and identified the pain point and worked on redesign and optimized to be ease and stable.
- Involved in data quality strategy using DataStage & Quality stage to audit and identify the data issue and send back to the appropriate stake holders to fix.
- Worked on redesigning the complex server job to parallel job.
- Worked as an Onsite lead and coordinated with offshore team on development, testing and other deliverables.
- Worked in Tivoli work scheduler to schedule the process.
- Involved in estimation and planning the deliverables.
- Solved challenging problems by optimizing and query tuning for performance by bottlenecks Confidential database, datastage and administrator levels.
- Involved in full integration test and code reviews of all jobs within each sequence before migrating the jobs and sequencers from the Development environment (Dev) to the IST, UAT,PROD.
- Involved in preparation of Application specifications, LLD, Unit Test cases, Code deployment plans.
- Responsible for phase by phase code movement such as System Testing, Pre-Production, Production.
- As a team migrated around 15,000 ETL Jobs and newly developed 10000+ jobs by converting the Server jobs, pl/sql, java, shell script to parallel jobs
- Worked in sftp, scp, NDM for transferring the files.
Skills: IIS DataStage11.3, DataStage 8.7, 9.1, Ascential DataStage7.1, 7.5, Oracle 12c, Linux, Tivoli Work Scheduler.