- Microsoft business intelligence (MSBI) Development under MS SQL Server environment, with thorough knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012/2014 databases.
- Experience in working with SQL Server Management Studio and Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC), Agile / Scrum and Project Management Methodologies.
- Good knowledge on the Microsoft SQL Server versions 2014/2015/2016 , and Visual Studio 2014/2015.
- Experience in upgrading SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2014 to SQL Server 2016 and data migration among versions. Experience in DTS Migration and Metadata Management: Migrating DTS packages to SSIS, Package Migration Wizard, and Storage Management and Data Quality (DQ).
- Exceptional Experience in the complete life cycle of DTS/SQL Server Integration services (SSIS) Packages (Developing, Deploying, Scheduling, Troubleshooting and monitoring) for performing Data transfers and ETL jobs across different servers.
- Extensive experience in interacting with business users, gathering the business requirements, performing data mappings and documentation.
- Excellent knowledge in RDBMS concepts and constructs, along with Database Objects creation such as Tables, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions, Cursors and Triggers.
- Expertise in creating and managing fragmentation of Indexes to achieve better query performance.
- Hands on experience in monitoring SQL Server Performance tuning in ANSI SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 using SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, Index Tuning Wizard, and Windows Performance Monitor.
- Experience in generating complex Transact SQL (T - SQL) queries, Sub queries, Dynamic SQL queries, DML, DDL.
- Experience in data normalization and de-normalization. Expert in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data flows using SSIS; creating data mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server and other sources load into various Business Entities.
- Experience in Error and Event Handling: Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, Logging.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using semi-blocking, Blocking and Unblocking Transformations.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) with report designer, report manager and report server for generated drill down reports, drill through reports, parameterized reports, Cascaded reports, linked reports, sub reports, matrix dynamics and filters, charts in SSRS.
- Experience in developing reports using Report Builder and Metadata to define Fact & Dimension tables.
- Working experience of designing Ad-hoc reports for higher managers using report model, providing them flexibility to create reports using drag and drop functionality.
- Developed Cubes using SQL server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions with the cube wizard and generated named calculations and named queries; and data source views.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist in ANSI SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014.
- Skilled in MS Power BI. Practical knowledge on Azure related data management and good exposure to Python and Hadoop.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Highly motivated and obliged by strong commitment to quality and customer service. Can-Do, Will-Do Attitude, Quick Learner and professionally practical, logical thinking besides efficient Problem-solving skills, Self-directed.
Databases Tools: SQL Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, SSDT, Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), SQL Navigator.
ETL Tools: Data Transformation Services (DTS) - Export/Import, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
Reporting Tools & Analysis Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services ( 2016/2014/2012/2008 ), MS Access, MS Excel, Crystal Reports, Business Objects 4.0, MS Power BI, SQL Server Analysis Services ( 2016/2014/2012/2008 ), Star-schema, Snowflake Schema, DAX Scripting, MDX Scripting..
Database: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008, MS Access, Oracle 10g/11g/12c, DB2, ODS.
Programming Languages: MS SQL, T-SQL, C, C++, C#, VB.NET 4.0 and .NET 4.5.
Web Technologies: Azure, PowerShell, PowerPivot, IIS, HTML, DHTML, XML and CSS
Operating Systems: Windows (10/8/7/Vista/XP), Windows 2015/2012/2008 Server
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Power Point, MS Visio), R, OLAP & OLTP, ERWIN, TFS, Networking Concepts, Adobe Photoshop, Abode Flash.
Confidential, Brookfield, WI
Sr. Microsoft SQL Developer / ETL Developer
- Worked on Data Consolidation/ Data Migration/ Data Quality (DQ) Project building.
- Performed successful installation and configuration of SQL Server 2016 and PowerShell scripting sources.
- Installed SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) to support SQL data tool functionality.
- Written Data definition language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML) queries along with dynamic SQL queries and created new SQL Server databases.
- Created Temporary tables with Temporary variables using Transact SQL (T-SQL).
- Created traces using SQL Server Profiler to find the long running queries and modify those queries as a part of Performance Tuning.
- Created SSIS packages, extracted the data from heterogenous sources like Flat files, Excel, SQL Server and loaded it into the destination files by performing ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) operations including some transformation tasks such as data conversion, derived column, fuzzy lookup, row count, sort, Aggregate etc.
- Effectively implemented Data Extraction and Loading from OLTP to OLAP systems and scheduled Jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Involved in maintaining Data consistency and Data Integrity using various constraints like Unique, Check, Primary Key and Default.
- Created SQL agent jobs for Running SSIS Packages on scheduled basis.
- Implemented error handling, created checkpoints and break points.
- Deployed the packages into Integration Services Database Catalog and then configured those files in different environments like Dev/UAT.
- Defined Backup restore and Data Recovery procedures.
- Created Dim and Fact tables and performed data analysis with multidimensional Cubes written in MDX scripting using SSAS with techniques like slicing and dicing.
- Created Reports, Dashboards using SSRS, Excel PowerPivot using DAX scripts.
- Achieved many of the new tasks like making successful connections to different new connection managers and tested the complete package.
- Came across various issues and helped in resolving them while to performing script tasks using Excel Interop.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2016, Visual studio 2015, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server reporting services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SSDT,Excel PowerPivot, IIS, VBA, C#.
Confidential, Glen Allen, VA
Sr. SQL Server Developer/ MSBI (SSIS & SSRS) Developer/ Power BI Developer
- Assisted in the definition of the database requirements; analyzed existing models and reports looking for opportunities to improve their business efficiency and troubleshooted various performance issues.
- Updated SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) for Visual Studio 2013.
- Developed highly optimized stored procedures, functions, and database views to implement the business logics and created clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- Worked with Data definition language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML) queries for defining data structures.
- Involved in performance monitoring, tuning and capacity planning.
- Advised optimization of slow performance queries by looking at Execution Plan for better tuning of the database.
- Translated business requirements into BI application designs and solutions.
- Created SSIS package to load data from Flat Files, Excel and XML Files to Datawarehouse using Lookup, Derived Columns, Sort, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension transformations.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Multicast, Fuzzy Lookup etc., which did Data Scrubbing, including data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Datawarehouse.
- Created Dimension tables, Fact tables and designed cubes using SSAS for data analysis with MDX scripting.
- Responsible for implementation of data viewer grids, SSIS Logging, error configurations for error handling the SSIS packages.
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both Development and Production environments.
- Created and maintained data flow diagrams for existing and future ETL processes.
- Collaborated with ETL testers for resolving complex master and mainstream business application data errors using BackOffice Data Quality (DQ) tool.
- Designed, deployed and maintained complex canned reports using SQL Server 2013 Reporting Services (SSRS) and PowerPivot.
- Customized reports by adding Filters, Calculations, Prompts, Summaries and Functions. Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
- Created Parameterized Queries, generated Tabular reports, Sub reports, Cross Tabs, Drill down reports using Expressions, Functions, Charts, Maps, Sorting the data, Defining Data sources and Subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2013.
- Worked with Analytical team to analyze business routines using Power BI by creating personalized dashboards and prepared reports.
- Worked collaboratively with Testing team to test packages in CI/CD environment using Concourse.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, Visual studio 2013, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), PowerPivot, BackOffice Data Quality (DQ), Power BI, ConCourse, C#, IIS, VB.Net 4.5, Erwin.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. MS SQL Server stack / Power BI Developer
- Installed SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) to support SQL data tool functionality in Visual Studio 2013.
- Developed SSIS packages for different tasks like data cleansing and standardizing, sorting, conditional split, back up and involved in scheduling of SSIS packages.
- CI/CD Environment specific script deployment tracking using TFS.
- Involved in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) between Homogenous and Heterogeneous systems using SQL tools (SSIS, Bulk Insert).
- Involved in error handling of SSIS packages by evaluating error logs.
- Successfully extracted, transformed and loaded data into data warehouse.
- Created reports using SSRS from OLTP and OLAP data sources and deployed on report server.
- Created tabular, matrix, chart, drill down reports, parametric reports, cascaded reports, dashboards and score card reports (SSRS) according to the business requirement.
- Created reports by dragging data from cubes and wrote MDX scripts.
- Used SSIS 2013 to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store OLAP databases.
- Improved the performance of long running views and stored procedures.
- Improved performance by adding indexes, removing unnecessary columns in the inner views and adding conditions to get only the required data.
- Identified slow performing views, stored procedures and queries using SQL Profiler, by running simultaneously while browsing the application.
- Tuned the queries using Execution plan, to get index seek from table scan and index scan. Improved the performance of many queries by 90%.
- Worked with Erwin data modeling tool
- Created Database objects including Tables, Views, Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions.
- Created Schemas, indexes, Triggers (after and instead of triggers).
- Extensively involved in writing database scripts.
- Exposure to Power BI concepts for creating visualized reports and publishing it within the team.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server reporting services (SSRS),SSDT, Power BI, IIS, VB.Net 4.5, Erwin, MS Excel.
Confidential, Austin, TX
SQL Developer/ ETL Analyst
- Worked as SQL Server Analyst / ETL Analyst using SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 for Project.
- Source Controlling using IBM Rational Clear Case.
- Performed various SDLC phases like the developing and analyzing Management Database for Collateral Management and Hedging.
- Created Triggers, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Indexes and SQL joins using T-SQL.
- Responsible for creating and managing fragmentation of indexes to achieve better performance.
- Used SSDT standalone installer to get SSIS, SSRS and SSAS and run SQL related tools.
- Designed and Deployed SSIS Packages by using manifest file.
- Created SSIS Packages, Configured SSIS packages for different environments using DTS Configuration.
- Produced CSV, utilized the CSV files as part of ETL Process.
- Designed SSIS packages using different transformations like data conversion, derived column, look up transformations etc. with multiple data flow tasks. Experienced in Error Handling, Event Handling, Logging, Batch Checks for data accuracy.
- Used C# and .Net scripts in SSIS packages.
- Created parameterized reports, drill-down and drill through reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Scheduled daily/weekly/monthly reports to run automatically onto the Dashboard.
- Implemented Security, Roles, Logins, and Permissions.
- Performed Extract-Transform-Load operations to load data into SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 Normalized database from heterogenous sources.
- Scheduled SSIS packages using Autosys, writing JIL Scripts
- Improved the existing applications to meet new business requirements.
- Worked as a member of L3 Production Support on Rotation basis.
- Enhanced existing stored procedures, views, functions and other database objects to meet the additional requirements of latest releases.
- Deployed the code in various environments i.e. DEV/UAT
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, Microsoft Visual studio 2010, Clear Case 7.1, MS SQL Server Integration/Reporting Services (SSIS/SSRS),SSDT, C#, .Net 4.0.