- Around Seven years of IT experience in Quality Assurance for ETL, BI, Web based, Client/Server applications using Manual and Automated testing tools.
- Wrote extensive SQL and PL/SQL scripts to test the ETL flow, Data Reconciliation, Initialization, and Change Data Capture, Delta Processing, Incremental process.
- Ability to evaluate an ETL/BI specification, verify it with Systems experts and data architects, and assess if it complete and fully understand EDW and ETL Architecture
- Experience in Business Intelligence in generating various reports using OBIEE and Tableau
- Strong knowledge of test methodologies: Object Oriented test methodology, Service Oriented Architecture, Top to bottom and Bottom to top test methodology, QA Validations & QA Compliances
- Expert in writing UNIX Shell scripting for various needs including text processing, data archiving, data parsing and database connectivity
- Experience in system analysis & design, coding, documentation, implementation and testing (BLACK BOX as well as WHITE BOX)
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate - wide-ETL Solution using Informatica.
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting and configuring corn-jobs for ETL Loads
- Experience in Automating and scheduling the Informatica jobs using UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Experience in User Acceptance Testing, Performance Testing, GUI Testing, System and Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Data Driven & Keyword driven Testing, Adhoc testing.
- Experience in working with Star/Snowflake Schema Design, Data Marts and Dimensional Models, stored procedures, triggers, views, cubes, Business Intelligence Reports, Dashboards
- Experience in Data Modeling & Data Analysis using Dimensional Data Modeling and Relational Data Modeling, Star Join Schema/Snowflake modeling, FACT & Dimensions tables, Physical & Logical Data Modeling.
- Hands on experience in building complex SQL Queries in MS SQL Server, Oracle for data validation of ETL Sourcing, BI Applications and dashboards
- Proficient with RDBMS and Data Warehousing concepts and Web/Client Applications with about 7 years of experience using Oracle, DB2, Teradata, MS SQL Server.
- Data import/export with SQL Server Express using Wizard and queries.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries to perform data driven tests and involved in front-end and back-end testing. Strong knowledge of RDBMS concepts. Developed SQL queries in Oracle databases to conduct DB testing. Having good knowledge on Oracle Data Integrator
- Utilize AWS Cloud Services for data processing and transformation, and ensuring requirements are met during data load
- Experienced in Object Oriented Programming with an understanding of software engineering practices.
- Expertise in Web services testing using SOAP UI
- Design and review of various documents including the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), including USE Cases, Business requirements document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents.
- Proficient in creating Risk Analysis documents, Risk Management Plan, User Requirement Specification, Functional Requirement Specification and Business Process Flows.
- Conducted System Integration Testing and facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to provide a smooth transition to the new system/application.
- Experience in development methodologies like SDLC, AGILE and Waterfall
- Extensive experience in configuring data mapping between different Databases.
- Expertise in Analysis of Problem Severity, Defect tracking and reporting system.
- Experience in Defining Testing Methodologies: preparing Test Strategy, developing Test Plan, Detailed Test Cases, writing Test Scripts by decomposing Business Requirements, and developing Test Scenarios to support quality deliverables, Verifying and Validating Application Software and Documentation based on standards for Software Development and effective QA implementation in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensive experience in Functional testing, Regression testing, GUI testing, Back-end testing using SQL, Unit testing, Integration testing, Browser Compatibility testing, Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, System Testing and Build Verification Testing.
- Experience in HP Quality Center, Rational ClearQuest, Test Director - Design Test Steps, Requirement Mapping to Tests, Executing Tests Manually, Defect Logging, Defect Reporting, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- High proficiency in Scheduling and Managing resources and activities in QA Teams.
- Excellent Communication Skills, Good Team Spirit, Leadership capabilities, Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Experience with various tools and technologies as SQL, XML, Json, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus and SQL*Loader on Windows and various flavors of UNIX platforms.
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.0, DB2 8.0/7.0, MS SQL Server 2017/2014/2008 R2, My SQL
Operating System: Win 3.x/95/98, Win NT 4.0, Windows XP/95/98/NT/2000
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Service (EMR, Lambda, SQS, SNS, API Gateway), Sales Force (Work Bench),1010 Data, Reltio and Snowflake
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.6.1/9.5/9.0/8. x/7.x, (Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Informatica Server)
Reporting Tools: OBIEE 10g/11g/12c, Discoverer, Tableau
Testing Management Tools: Quick Test Pro 8.0/9.1/9.2, Win Runner 6.0/6.5/7.01/7.5 , Test Director 8.0 and Load Runner 8.0, HP Quality Center11.52/9.2, Rational Robot 2001, Rational Clear Case, Clear Quest. Test Manager and Zephyr
Programming Language: C, C++, HTML/ DHTML, XML, Java Script, SQL, TSL for Win Runner, VB script for QTP, Shell script
Dimensional Data Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling
IDE: Toad (Tool for Oracle), SQL Developer, SQL Navigator, Query Analyzer, Microsoft SQL Server, My SQL Workbench, Power builder
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, V-Model
ETL/ BI Lead Quality Assurance Analyst
- Coordinating directly with project managers, corporate users, developers, architects, systems analysts and end users to determine business rules and system requirements
- Participate in Planning Test Deliverables for Agile Methodology with Estimates and Resource Allocation
- Onsite Offshore coordination as a liaison between Functional Team and Client to meet project deliverables
- Participate in cross department meetings to optimize test process and communicate to project team on the progress of testing activities.
- Reviewing QA Strategy, QA Plans and align execution cycles to program timescales.
- Responsible for all critical reviews, revisit the deliverable plan and re-align test deliverable schedule. Reviewing and approving of manual and automated test scripts
- Expertise in defining and setting up quality gates to baseline and benchmark performance of applications/products, measure and report performance KPIs and metrics.
- Experience in Analyze Agile user stories, epics, requirements and technical specifications to create advanced Test Strategies for context driven and integration testing that will find defects that are not easily identified by other types of testing
- Involved in signoff process by ensuring business requirements are fulfilled by developing test result artifacts
- Responsible for Go/No-go decision making of all testing deliverables
- Manage and lead end-to-end system integration testing (SIT), load testing, and Section Testing of a complex enterprise software development using a combination of Agile & iterative methodologies.
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Jira board
- As a member of the Agile Scrum team participated in daily standup meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews.
- Participate and represent QA team in meetings and discuss any concerns and issues regarding testing, resolving defects, presenting defect status reports, resolving requirement, and review design inconsistencies.
- Direct internal cross-functional departments as per requirements and find mutual solutions to problems.
- Developed and execute test strategies, test plans and requirement Traceability matrices
- Provided test scenarios to build test automation scripts for functional, regression and performance testing
- Managing requirements and mapping them to test plan and test cases.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Utilize Quality Center 10, ALM - HP 12 and JIRA tools for all test management, development, execution, documentation and defect management activities
- Build complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries
- Prepared test strategy document referring functional design and technical design documents for OBIEE reports and Interactive Dashboard in BI platform and Data migration projects
- Performed functionality and data validation of reports in BI Dashboards by writing complex SQL queries at the backend
- Data warehouse report validation on projects developed on Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 12g, Exadata, RPD and ETL processes.
- As process of testing reports Debugged the OBIEE Dashboards/Reports with different analytics views (Pivot table, Chart Tabular and View Selector), Alerts, Guided Navigation and Dynamic /Interactive Dashboards with drill down capabilities using global and local filters.
- Performed tests on OBIEE dashboard Reports for cosmetics, functional and usability as well as validating data and aggregated calculations
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process to automate the process of loading, pulling the data for testing ETL loads from both Tandem and IBM systems
- Verify ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Prepare test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the Informatica graphs
- Experience using Informatica workflow manager to run the workflows both through monitor and Linux commands - Putty.
- Monitor session log files in Informatica to verify the process design
- Perform data validation in System Integration Test Environment and run ETL test cases and capture the results to make sure that data is accurate and correct
- Participate in production check out validation for the releases and publish the Test Results Summary and present metrics to Clients
- Involved in the implementation of Salesforce system to replace existing Linc CRM system. Tested end-to-end ETL mapping
- Created test scenario to verify data process flow in Oracle Siebel Customer Relationship Management Application (MDM)
- Verify MDM to Tandem Integration (SIT) Web services processes upgrade from Lightwave to Attunity services using SOAP UI
- Involved in Cloud projects where DWH data sent to cloud and validated ETL process using 1010 and Reltio tools
- Experience in test data refresh using Informatica Cloud Server application
- Define all Integration Points of Informatica, AWS and Snowflake application modules (Designer, Workflows, Session mappings, S3, Lambda, EMR, Data Pipeline, DynamoDB, Cloud Watch, and Snowflake services) that extracts and transfer data from on-premises systems to cloud warehouse for P-BI-DATA2020 Project.
- Implement the test environment, DB and data to support P-BI-DATA2020 project and identifying any required infrastructure and tools
- Verifies code functionality and workflows using Python in AWS
- Ensure and performed data load to cloud Data Warehouse (Snowflake) using AWS lambda and EMR services.
- Performed integration testing, smoke testing, end to end testing of AWS Cloud solutions
- Validate data load logics with given transformation logic in AWS application
- Validate data loaded in warehouse system by writing SQL’s in Snowflake
- Performed extensive SOAP UI webservice validation including to ensure functional requirement is fulfilled
- Execute test automation scripts for functional, regression and performance testing and Provide test automation status reports
- As a lead Responsible for resource allocation to the requirements and getting the job done on time.
- Efficient in handling Multiple testing projects simultaneously, this involved testing of multiple implementation projects and product support at on site. Capable in roles of: Analysis, Planning, testing & Co-ordination
- Participate in team retrospective to provide feedback on improvements and continuation of existing practices
- Prepare QA sign off after ensuring business requirements are fulfilled by developing test result artifacts.
- API testing for the application through rest client using the API key
- Worked with the Project Manager on various Project Management activities like keeping track of Project Status, Deadlines, Environment Request, and Compliance Issues.
Environment: Informatica 9.5/9.6.1, SQL, PL/SQL, Quick Test Pro 9.2, OBIEE 10.1.3.4/11.1.1/12 C, UNIX, Shell Scripting, Flat Files, Control-M Scheduler, MDM, Tandem, Oracle, SQL Plus, MS Office, Core FTP/FileZilla, Discoverer, Load Runner, Work bench- SOQL, 1010 DATA, Reltio, XML, Informatica cloud, SOAP UI and AWS Services.
- Installation, and maintenance of Oracle Identity and Access Management at client locations
- Establishment and troubleshooting of the Active Directory issues (LDAP)
- Giving support to the AARP, INC URL by monitoring email alerts