- Over 6 years of experience in IT industry working as Database Developer and Data Analyst.
- An expert in data analysis/management, database designing, data mapping, data quality, business & data requirements gathering and project management.
- Adept in writing complex SQL queries from specifications and extremely effective at trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Highly diligent and professional with an excellent customer service antiquity.
- 6 years of IT experience in Data Design, development and maintenance of various database applications, designing SQL scripts, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting, SSIS/DTS Package design/Configuration, SSRS and Data - warehousing.
- Worked on SQL Server 2008R 2/2012/2014/2016.
- Strong experience in Business and Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Validation, Data Integration, Data Mapping, Data Verification and Metadata Management Services.
- Experience and hands-on knowledge of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ) and Software Testing Life Cycle ( STLC ).
- Experience in writing complex T-SQL scripts, creating and using Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions, implementing Business Intelligence solutions.
- Worked Extensively on Business Intelligence (BI) technologies to provide Historical, Current, and Predictive views of business operations.
- Experienced in writing Source to Target Mapping Documents for various Data migration projects.
- Involved in Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data using SSIS by creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server, Excel file, other databases and Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities.
- Provided data warehousing architecture by writing SQL scripts and designing ETL strategies based on the requirements.
- Scheduled the ETL package execution using SQL Agent Jobs and Autosys as per the data transfer and modification schedules.
- Experienced in processing large datasets of different forms including structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Designed, developed and implemented Power BI Business Intelligence reports.
- Generated various Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Yearly, Yearly reports by different types of reports using SSRS from Data warehouses and OLAP Cubes.
- Adept in maintaining and handling issues of various SSRS and report application administration.
Database BI & ETL Tools: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Rally.
Language & Script: T-SQL, Dynamic SQL, MDX, C#
Operating Systems: Windows-NT Server v.4.0, Windows 2008/2012 Server, Windows 7/10, UNIX
Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, TOAD, Autosys.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Database Developer/ETL Analyst
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Developers in identifying the requirements and designing and implementing the Database Schemas.
- Wrote moderate to complex SQL’s and generated custom reports (SSRS/Tableau) for Business users.
- Migrated old ETL packages to the new Condor environment by modifying and reconfiguring the components of the packages such as source adapters, script tasks, data conversion transformations, event handlers and other error handling methods to make sure the ETL packages are compatible to the new environment.
- Interacted with business users on a regular basis to gather the project requirements regarding modifying the old ETL packages that had Oracle sources to pull data from the new Composite data source by rewriting the SQL queries, resolving data type issues and recreating database objects as per the business requirements.
- Built extract, transform and load (ETL) process to migrate data from multiple types of data sources (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Composite, Excel, Flat files, SharePoint etc.) to destination database server by using SSIS packages, VBA, and Export/Import wizard.
- Migrated Databases, SSIS Packages, reports, SQL Agent jobs, folder structures from the SQL Server 2008R2 based servers, to the SQL Server 2014 based servers(DEV, UAT and PROD etc. ).It involved SQL changes based on the new change requirements, Migration assistant results, Software Installation, Database backup/Restore, SSIS package configuration files, Proxy account setup, SSRS report deployments, Cube Processing, Linked server settings, and Agent job settings.
- Created/maintained stored procedures, SSIS packages, Agent job settings to ensure they are applied with new business rules, including loading additional files, and applying new validation logics, by adding/changing Stored Procedures, and SSIS packages.
- Created error schema tables for each package to capture any data transfer or data conversion errors like error columns, data truncation and error codes.
- Tested the ETL packages with sample data to ensure data quality of the ITSM and Customer Support Quality Tracking systems and made sure the packages are processing the data loads correctly in the new environments.
- Facilitated compliance test design and ensure the test follow banking laws, rules and federal regulations.
- Used SSIS control flow such as using Execute SQL Task, File System Task, Script Task, Foreach Loop container, and Execute Package Task to create/modify daily/monthly ETL processes.
- Coordinated with the System Admins team in verifying the server permissions for the ETL packages and handled the ETL deployment using SSIS to different environments by scripting environment variables and package configurations.
- Used SSIS data flow such as Derived Column, Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Lookup, and Row Count, Slowing Changing Dimension for daily/monthly ETL processes.
- Performed SQL query performance tuning by creating/modifying indexes, setting transaction isolation levels, and changing query structures(used CASE to reduce table scans/seeks; used CTE and inline calculation to replace sub-query-involved functions; used ad-hoc workloads option to reduce procedure cache usages, used temp tables to reduce repeating retrieving, etc.). Successfully reduced queries duration time by 50%-300%.
- Created iPlan documents with all the details of the newly created database objects, schemas, scripts, server information, connection strings and permissions to help the DBAs migrate the Composite ITSM/ Condor ETL packages to various environments.
- Scheduled the ETL package execution using Autosys as per the data transfer and modification schedules.
- Generated SSRS & Power BI reports from the data processed by the new packages and performed data verification using these reports to make sure the data accuracy in both the old and new versions.
- Presented excellent work attitude and communication skills with multiple teams/ departments.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, MS SQL Server 2016, SSIS, SSDT, SSRS, Autosys, TOAD, Composite, T-SQL, TFS, Rally.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Business Intelligence Developer
- Employed Column store and Filtered Indexes to improve query performance and reduce the storage and maintenance cost.
- Provided continuous support and maintenance of the NSO Cardiac/Non-Cardiac databases by handling monthly/quarterly data downloads from VistA legacy systems and loading that data into SQL Server using various tasks and transformations in SSIS Packages.
- Designed SQL queries to handle data loading, index fragmentation and table partitions to improve the database performance and other report applications.
- Wrote complex TSQL scripts, Stored Procedures and formulated coding and scripting to be utilized for reports within the organization and also to handle data migration.
- Used Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler and SQL Query analyzer for Performance Tuning.
- Analyzed data models, data relationships, and dependencies for greatest optimization
- Designed and developed stored procedures, queries and views necessary to support various reports.
- Provided support to all the database services by troubleshooting failed tasks and automating incremental data loads.
- Implemented folder level role-based security on the SSRS reports through SharePoint 2013 by validating user accounts as per their Location GUIDs.
- Supported the surgical quality improvement applications by optimizing the tables and stored procedures apart from creating indexes on tables and maintaining the indexes as per data changes.
- Created various SSRS reports like Mortality cases report, Patient 30-day admission and readmission reports, O/E Ratio summary report and VISN contact list report using various functionalities like drill down, drill through, charts, scorecards in SSRS.
- Provided continued maintenance and development of bug fixes for the existing and new SSRS/Power BI Reports.
- Handled Field Comm issues by answering customer requests, providing prompt response to any website access issues apart from updating changes to the Key Personnel database system.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2014, SSIS, SSDT, Power BI, Slack, TFS.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Demonstrating knowledge of the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and/or the Project Management Methodology.
- Actively involved as Business Data Analysis in gathering Business requirements and reporting of large volumes of Healthcare data using SSIS (ETL) and SSRS (Data Visualization).
- Created SQL scripts for processing data loads and managed data changes/updates with stored procedures and functions in MS SQL Server 2012 and Teradata.
- Prepared business requirements, working with use cases, business process modeling, or data modeling, or preparing use-case or sequence diagrams.
- Created and maintained SSIS ETL packages to extract data from different systems, and load variety of large volume data into data warehouse from different sources like flat files, Excel files.
- Worked on Numerous Ad-hoc Data Pull requests from Business Analyst, BSA and Financial Analyst.
- Developed Teradata SQL Queries by creating SET or MULTISET Tables, Views, Volatile Tables, using Inner and Outer Joins, Using Date Function, String Functions and other techniques like RANK and ROW NUMBER functions.
- Dealt with Fine-tuning Stored Procedures to improve performance by analyzing Query plans and using SQL Tuning advisor.
- Created Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Business Monitoring reports on different health Programs which helps Managers to take Decisions on the Programs using SSRS and Power BI.
- Wrote complex SQL Stored procedures to improve the performance of financial SSRS reports and handled index fragmentation on some tables that are used as sources for the reports.
- Involved in writing SQL queries to pull the required information from Database using Teradata SQL Assistance.
- Assisted Business team for trend analysis, and profitability reporting (by extracting information from healthcare databases) that was used to make critical decisions for the organization’s healthcare direction.
- Develop and document test plan and test cases that will be used in the testing process and the projected results.
- Effectively optimized SQL code, stored procedures and functions supporting front end applications and web applications.
- Used Hadoop tools like Hue, Hive, Impala and Oozie workflows to migrate, query and schedule bigdata data sets to support the Data scientists/Statistician team.
- Created financial and annual reports in Excel and Parameterized, Linked, Snapshot, Cached, Ad hoc, Click through, Drill down, Drill through, Sub reports and charts using SSRS and Tableau.
- Created basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements, Joins, blends and quick table calculations in tableau.
- Review test case results before migrating system changes to the production environment.
- Responsible for the maintenance and transition of the legacy MMIS data or to assist in the implementation of the new health care decision support systems, based on direction provided and work assigned by the Department.
- Provided support to the existing SSRS reports apart from designing new matrix, Tablix, drill down, drill through, chart reports in SSRS from data warehouse and SSAS Cubes.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2014, SSIS, SSDT, SSRS, Tableau, Slack, TFS.