- An experienced Data Solution Architect and Team Leader with over 20 years of experience working with customers to design, develop and implement the best solution for their data needs. Proven expertise in working with large scale systems dealing with both unstructured and structured data with operational/management experience for on premise, public or private cloud deployments
- Conversion to Exposure Attribution across multiple media channels including Paid (PPC), Social (Facebook), Organic (SEO), DFA, Display and Custom media channels
- Daily mapping over 10 million Conversions against more than 1 billion Exposures (Clicks/Impressions)
- Supports multiple Attribution models including First Click, Last Click, Even Distribution, Custom Time & Sequence based and U - Curve
- Daily volume of over 10 million Paid and Organic Clicks, Impressions and 6 million Conversions
- Fully Parallel to handle millions of Transactions per hour
- 24/7 Tracking of Exposures and Conversions
- Designed to handle reads and writes by utilizing partition solutions to minimize contention
- Architecting, implementing and supporting solutions for multiple industries including Digital Marketing, Payroll/HR and Medical
- Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Application Development and SQL Server Database Administration for large scale transactional systems
- Relational Database Concepts, Entity Relation Diagrams
- Software Development Life Cycle using agile development methodology
- Extensive management and building of database teams including Operations, Development and BI
- Normalization/Denormalization techniques for optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments
- Optimization and troubleshooting solutions to address performance issues
- VLDB (Multi-Terabyte)
- OLTP - High Volume Transaction Systems
- AWS S3 and Redshift
- SSIS - Design and implementation of complex ETL solutions using SSIS and other SQL Server tools
- 20+ years’ experience in managing and development utilizing multiple versions of SQL Server (2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2005, 2000 and 7.0)
- Advanced SQL Server 2008 features including partition tables, data compression and merge command
- SQL Server database engine works including: physical storage, indexing, physical database design best practices and Query Optimizer
- Specializing on ETL and Data architecture, designed and implemented a number of parallel ETL systems to move data to and from AWS and Redshift.
Director, Database Operations & Architecture
- Spearheaded database operations for global leader in cloud-based digital marketing solutions.
- Managed 24/7 uptime on all database servers and data integrations, including tracking, redirect and attribution systems processing millions of click, impression and conversion data every hour.
- Provided key leadership and led all major architectural designs including relational DBMS and NoSQL solutions.
- Supported UI development team with OLAP/OLTP requirements analysis, deployment planning, implementation of SQL Server 2008 database features, and architecture of software and hardware needed to support new product features.
- Expanded data center operational processes and global communications between regional teams.
- Designed and developed a flexible attribution system for multichannel tracking, a process by which millions of tracking records are attributed hourly. Leveraged advanced features of parallelism as well as tightly aligned the disk subsystem with partitioned tables and indexes.
- Maximized global resources including technology and personnel.
- Implemented key monitoring tools (SQL Sentry).
Manager, Database Development
- Responsible for all database architecture, designs and implementations.
- Managed a team of 10 senior database engineers globally. Leveraged the team’s wide range of experience to manage the day-to-day operations of the heavily utilized OLTP and OLAP environments, and to architect innovative data solutions for clients.
- Followed best practices for an agile development environment utilizing SCRUM methodologies. This yielded weekly releases which provided a continuous flow of product features allowing company to maintain a competitive edge.
- Utilized advanced SQL features including partitioning, CDC, replication and parallelization to support company’s big-data, high-volume needs.
- Supported multiple analytics teams by delivering an offline, up-to-date data warehouse which was used for day-to-day analytic data support.
- Worked with multiple terabyte database systems.
- Designed and built a multiple channel attribution system that allowed for First Click, Last Click, Even, Custom Sequence (Time/Sequence) and U-Based Attribution models.
- Designed and built a conversion and exposure tracking system that captured more than 10 million exposures and 6 million conversions per day.
Senior Database Administrator
- Designed the Confidential Database Environment which now has a reliable, fully redundant infrastructure that is available 24/7 and boasts processing of more than 20 million transactions on average with daily at speeds of over 7,000 TPS.
- Designed and implemented TSS version control solution.
- Provided support for 24/7 environment.
- Maintained the stability of the data infrastructure in addition to the integrity of the data itself by designing and leveraging custom built monitors.
Manager, Database Developer
- Managed database development for global HR management technology solutions company.
- Led a global developer team of 10 developers using IM, WebEx, VSS and Citrix remote tools.
- Managed complete development cycle including requirement gathering, documentation, design, development, QA and production.
- Served as primary resource responsible for database design and object creation including (Triggers, Stored Procedures, DTS packages, Views, Tables, Defaults and Functions).
- Implemented reporting services (design and developed end user reports).
- Provided production database support for multiple SQL Server environments.
- Led database standardization and optimization initiatives including security and SLAs.
- Created custom alerts and monitors for production systems.
- Developed custom interface for migration of data from Oracle to SQL Server and configured distributed queries using linked servers.
- Created complete XML output solution for Confidential ’s customer data gathering tool.
- Performed on-site installation and implementation of Confidential ’s Source 550 Client Server Payroll/HR system.
- Provided on-site design and implementation of database Row Level Security.
- Conducted on-site system optimization and problem resolution.
- Provided performance tuning of SQL Server installations and query processing.
- Optimized application performance by tuning stored procedures, utilizing efficient index strategies, and employing optimal locking methods.
- Created automated functions for daily activates such as backups, restores and system maintenance.
Network Support Specialist
- Team lead for 3 rd level network support team.
- Designed and implemented network testing lab.
- Tested and documented executing application on non-supported networks.
- Provided technical support to an extensive customer base using Confidential ’s payroll and human resources server software.
- Performed testing and analysis of Confidential ’s software compatibility with Windows NT and Novell.
- Coordinated all aspects of PC and network support including maintenance, version control and upgrades.
- Installed and maintained various servers using NT 4.0, SQL Server 6.5, Novell 4X and WinFrame.
- Developed and facilitated a LAN workshop using Novell and NT Servers.
- Implemented and adapted customer service procedures to retain Confidential ’s customer base.