O B J E C T I V E
- To obtain a position in the field of security analysis. With a background in Information Security and Risk Analysis, I will contribute experience of research and data management to assist in the calculation, evaluation, and prediction of risk to protect vital infrastructure against subversive attacks.
- Developed an educational manual for DMS staff interns for training and reference purposes- Worked with mutual fund distribution intermediaries to provide data aggregation and dissemination to distributors' clients by performing data management, analysis, and reporting of client instances
- Analyzed details of financial data feeds obtained from Broadridge to identify and correct incomplete or inaccurate data of clients using SalesVision software
- Performed evaluation of client information to ensure data integrity and validity, and understand impact to client
- Programmed resolved data into the database on the main server through SalesVision
- Responsible for data cleaning within the individual SalesVision instances and in Master Data Repository
- Informed upper level management of the status of individual data quality for each instance of SalesVision by creating daily, weekly and monthly metrics
- Troubleshoot emergency client issues to be resolved intra-day through self-diagnosis or by working with members of other Broadridge teams to process information and maintain infrastructure
Supervised nearly 200 Penn State Auxiliary Officers of the University Police each year to aid local police departments in traffic security operations. Ensured safety for campus and local community through security patrols, strategic assignments, and primarily acted as a first responder. Provided training and guidance for student employees of all majors and backgrounds by equipping them to respond safely to a variety of incidents.
- Created a comprehensive compliance training program to ensure Penn State Auxiliary Officers met the training requirements set forth by the Clery Act, Reporting Child Abuse Training, and Title IX
- Role supported Penn State's implementation of new initiatives to ensure safety policies and regulations, enhance safety by outlining reporting requirements, and hold employees accountable for trainings
- Responsible for maintaining records of all trainings, coordinated training times and locations between instructors and Auxiliary department, provided monthly status reports for Auxiliary Coordinator, and promoted additional resources to employees interested in obtaining further information beyond mandated trainings
- Responsible for data management routine updates to personnel files, employment records, hiring and orientation records, exit interviews, and ensured data security of former employees- Developed requirements and conducted specialized trainings for supervisors in all of the above areas
- Conducted orientations for incoming employees and developed original orientation materials
- Coordinated event security protocol and traffic direction between local police departments and student officers
- Deployed units on a nightly basis to conduct campus and downtown security patrols
- Received, assessed, and briefed daily campus door security issues to evening security officers
- Stadium Overall Security Supervisor for student officers during football games Fall 2011- Fall 2013
- Trained employees and supervisors in various roles to support the daily operations of the department
- Selected candidates for assistant, supervisor, and management positions by reviewing qualifications to effectively match each vacant position by reviewing applications and conducting promotional interviews
- Promoted to re-strategize scheduling department and establish new requirements for shift scheduling protocol
- Scheduled security officers for daily patrol shifts
- Organized detailed schedules for all major events
- Ensured each student officer was satisfied with work schedule, while still meeting department needs
- Responsible for filling in vacant positions each week and relayed staffing needs to hiring dept.
- Patrolled in and around residence halls throughout campus to ensure security of student housing
- Provided on-field security for Penn State's football team during game days
- Conducted security for major campus events including concerts, student arrivals, and sporting events
- Monitored Penn State's door alarm management system to ensure dorm building security
- Responded to emergency calls and assessed situations where police involvement may be appropriate
- Conducted undercover patrols as requested by University Police
R E L E V A N T A C A D E M I C C O U R S E S
SRA 311 Risk Management: Assessment and Mitigation
- Assessment of security vulnerabilities for people, organizations, industry sectors, and the nation.
- Analyzed and mitigated security risks of numerous scenarios, including cyber-crime and terrorism
- Developed skills for incident response, security policies, and security/crisis management
SRA 221 Overview of Information Security
- Plan and management of security, security policies, business continuity plans, disaster recovery plans, and social and legal issues of information security.
- Used Wireshark to analyze information packets traveling through a network and determine intrusion occurrence
- Adjusted access control on a Linux system through Terminal sudo commands
IST 452 - Legal and Regulatory Environment of Privacy and Security
- Analysis of legal, regulatory, public policy, and ethical issues related to IT security and privacy.
- Surveyed legal and regulatory constraints on information security and privacy practices.
- Risk analysis of information theft and integrity losses as well as privacy rights and national security concerns
A C T I V I T I E S
- Gymnastics: 2009 Pennsylvania State Champion 2010 National qualifier for PSU club team
- Role participant for multiple Mass Casualty Incident scenarios in State College, PA
- Coordinator of role participants actors for the Deputy Sheriff's Academy scenario training program