- Around 6 years of experience in IT industry as a Tableau Developer, Data Analyst, with extensive knowledge in functional and technical domain of Business Intelligence, System Analysis, design, development and implementation of Relational Database and Data Warehousing Systems using Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, DataStage, Informatica 9.6/9.1/8.6.1/8.1/7.1 and Informatica 10.1.
- Developed integration processes with Informatica Cloud Services (ICS) to synchronize data between Salesforce.com to Oracle and Hadoop environments.
- Worked on Informatica Cloud to move data from Azure to Oracle and Hadoop environments.
- Strong Data Warehousing ETL experience of using Informatica PowerCenter Client tools - Designer, Source Analyzer, Target Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapping and Mapplet Designer along with Workflow Manager and Monitor tools.
- Have experience in Migration, Integration, Development and Implementation of ETL Systems using strong project management methodologies by combining technical and leadership skills effectively with focus on process efficiency and productivity.
- Good Understanding in design and implementation of Star schema, Snowflake schema and multi-dimensional model.
- Experience in implementing various SSIS features like Event Handling, Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, and Logging for Complex SSIS Packages.
- Experience in implementing Transactions, Logging, and Error files to SSIS Packages.
- Created ETL packages using SSIS to move data from various heterogeneous data sources.
- Experienced in SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases.
- Extensive experience in implementation of Data Cleanup procedures, transformations, Scripts, Stored Procedures and execution of test plans for loading the data successfully into the targets.
- Well versed in data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for data migration.
- Utilized Tableau to produce appealing data visualizations to clients and to help them make business decisions with the help of Ad hoc reporting and Dashboards.
- Extensive experience in creating logical tables and columns, Dimensional Hierarchies, Level Based Measures, Time series data for complex data analysis.
- Worked on the development of Dashboard reports for the Key Performance Indicators for the top management.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) that include duties like providing documentation on design, testing and migration from development to production.
- Experienced in developing rich Interactive reports and dashboards integrating various reporting components from multiple sources and Tableau servers for maintaining DB schemas.
- Excellent understanding of relational database concepts and dimensional modeling techniques, Star and Snow-flake schema.
- Building user acceptance and monitor test plans, test scenarios, test processes and schedules, and prior testing and training.
- Responsible for Knowledge transfer and training existing and newly recruited resources on various View practices and processes such as report development, deployment, custom SQL scripts and tools used for managing and developing reports, deploying the developed reports to the server.
- Experience in gathering requirements, analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Production rollover of Reporting and Analysis projects.
- Good Working Knowledge in Agile Project management (Scrum process)
- SSIS, Informatica 9.6/9.1/8.6.1/8.1/7.1 , Informatica BDM 10.1, Informatica Cloud Services (ICS), Datastage
- SSAS, SSRS, Tableau
- Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Sqoop
- Autosys, Control-M
- Serena Release Control, Nolio, BitBucket
- HP ALM, HP Quality Center
- Erwin, PowerDesigner
- Windows XP/7, MS SQL SERVER 2000/2005/2008 & MS Access
Confidential, Roseville, MN
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing database based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Translated requirements, designs and functional specs into effective test plans and test cases.
- Used SSIS migrate data from various source systems like Oracle, files, API’s to staging area and finally transfer into data warehouse.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, lookup which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Developed and deployed SSIS data transfers packages to the appropriate destinations.
- Tune various packages for reducing their processing time by using parallel processing approach and using MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and SQL Query Analyzer in MS SQL Server 2005.
- Created SQL server dynamic configurations for SSIS packages.
- Transformed data from various data sources using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages.
- Scheduled the packages to run automatically for incremental data and deploy them to their destination servers.
- Responsible for creating reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2005.
- Developed tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes and Triggers using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Responsible for creating parameterized and drill down reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2005.
- Used TFS to store, run, view, edit and revert back to different versions of the design in case of a system crash.
- Designed and developed various SSIS packages (ETL) to extract and transform data and involved in Scheduling SSIS Packages.
- Performed cost benefit analysis of different ETL packages (SSIS) to determine the optimal Process.
- Resolved any deadlocks issues with the Databases/Servers on a timely basis.
- Imported and exported data into MS Access databases and Debugged VBA scripts linked to said databases.
- Created multiple hierarchical aggregates for faster performance.
- Created database objects like tables, users, roles, stored procedures, triggers.
- Worked on solving issues by doing data recovery in existing database.
- Used various formatting techniques like interactive sorting, grouping to created user friendly reports. Environment: Tableau Server 2018.2, Tableau Desktop 2018.2/2019.2 , Excel, SQL Server Management Studios.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 r2/2012 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), Azure, Microsoft Office Share Point Server, XML, MS Visual Source Safe and Windows Server 2003.
- Involved in complete ETL life cycle in creating ETL packages using SSIS, deploying and executing the packages in both the environments (Development and QA) before deploying it to production servers.
- Managed and troubleshoot existing DTS/SSIS ETL packages.
- Designed and developed DTS/SSIS ETL Packages for data migration from Oracle database to Microsoft SQL server.
- Developed and maintained ETL sync packages to run real time between Oracle and SQL Server while the transformation is done.
- Used change data capture CDC for capturing change data.
- Involved in daily loads (Full & Incremental) into Staging, troubleshooting process, issues and errors using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling by identifying the fact and dimension tables based on the user & amp; reporting requirements.
- Created tables, views, stored procedures, functions, CTEs and indexes to support database and ETL applications.
- Created triggers to enforce user defined integrity as per the business logics.
- Created SSISDB catalog with SQL Server to support SSIS package deployments in SSMS.
- Handled run time errors in SSIS packages utilizing Event Handlers and Row redirects.
- Implemented joins, sub-queries, and common table expressions (CTEs) for complex Transact-SQL queries.
- Incorporated Dynamic SQL for user-customizable queries which are answered by the SQL Server.
- Have done code review and performance tuning of stored procedures, SSIS packages etc.
- Created new reports, modified existing reports, Created subscription in SSRS. Environment: Tableau Server 10.5, 2018.1, Tableau Desktop 10.5.1, Excel, SQL Server Management Studios, SSAS, SAP BO.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle 10g/11g/Exadata, Tableau, TOAD Data Point, SQL Developer, SQL Server, Salesforce, UNIX Shell Scripting
Confidential, Newark, DE
ETL Developer/ Analyst
- Involved as primary on-site ETL Developer during the analysis, planning, design, development, and implementation stages of Anti Money Laundering (AML) Project and Fraud Project using Informatica PowerCenter 9.1.0
- Involved in gathering and analyzing the requirements and preparing business rules.
- Designed and developed complex mappings by using Lookup, Expression, Update, Sequence generator, Aggregator, Router, Stored Procedure, etc., transformations to implement complex logics while coding a mapping.
- Actively involved in designing and architecting the Hadoop Environment.
- Worked with Informatica power center Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager.
- Developed and maintained ETL (Extract, Transformation and Loading) mappings to extract the data from multiple source systems like Teradata, Oracle, SQL server and Flat files and loaded into Oracle.
- Developed Informatica Workflows and sessions associated with the mappings using Workflow Manager.
- Involved in creating new table structures and modifying existing tables and fit into the existing Data Model.
- Designed and developed Big Data analytics platform for processing customer viewing preferences using Hadoop, Hive, Impala and BDM.
- Design, develop, unit test, scripts for data Items using Hive/Impala for the end user access.
- Extracted data from different databases like Oracle and external source systems like flat files using ETL tool.
- Involved in debugging Informatica mappings, testing of Stored Procedures and Functions, Performance and Unit testing of Informatica Sessions, Batches and Target Data.
- Developed Mapplets, Reusable Transformations, Source and Target definitions, mappings using Informatica 9.1.0.
- Generated queries using SQL to check for consistency of the data in the tables and to update the tables as per the Business requirements.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of mappings in Datastage.
- Good understanding of source to target data mapping and Business rules associated with the ETL processes.
- Integrated Hadoop into traditional ETL, accelerating the extraction, transformation, and loading of massive structured and unstructured data.
- Thoroughly analyzed the Actimize systems and developed ETL systems to suit the Actimize enterprise solutions.
- Active participation in decision making and QA meetings and regularly interacted with the Business Analysts & development team to gain a better understanding of the Business Process, Requirements & Design.
- Created shared mappings and mapplets to in corporate complex business logic
- Extensively used ETL to load data from IBM DB2 database, SQL Server, Teradata, XML & Flat file Sources to Oracle.
- Defining and implementing JIL files to automate the datastage jobs and monitoring them.
- Worked on Nolio to do automatic deployment from UAT to Production environments without the help of any Datastage Admin.
- Designed the job templates and created new jobs from existing templates.
- Identified source systems, their connectivity, related tables and fields and ensure data suitability for mapping.
- Involved in support, maintenance, troubleshooting, problem solving and ongoing enhancements to the Integration process.
- Moving Interfaces all the Interfaces from QA Box to Preproduction and then to Production.
- Documented ETL test plans, test cases, test scripts, and validations based on design specifications for unit testing, system testing, functional testing, prepared test data for testing, error handling and analysis.
- Responsible for code reviews - to verify the functionality and to check if the code confirms to the performance and development standards.
- Lead the development activity and provide the advisory services to the offshore team.
Environment: Informatica 9.1.0, Informatica BDM 10.1, SSIS, Datastage, Oracle 10g/11g, TOAD, SQL Server, XML, TeradataUNIX Shell Scripting, Windows 7/xp, Autosys, WinScp3, Nolio, SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio
- Requirements gathering and identifying business rules for data mappings and data validations.
- Provide technical guidance to front end user interface development team and functional team to implement the required interface.
- Have a good experience working with mainframe files and its properties like occur, define etc.
- Extensively used SQL and PL/SQL coding in data stage jobs for processing data.
- Used Quality Stage for cleansing and integrating the data before it is loaded into the staging area.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to automate file manipulation and data loading procedures.
- Used DataStage Manager involving functions like importing metadata into the DataStage repository, creating new table definitions and job categories.
- Extensively worked with DataStage Designer for developing various server jobs using Sequential file, Hashed file, ODBC, Oracle OCI and Transformer stages.
- Automation of ETL processes using DataStage Job Sequencer, Job Control routines and Transform functions.
- Performed extraction, transformation and loading of data using different types of stages and by performing derivations over the links connecting these stages.
- Performing administrative tasks such as DataStage installations, setting up users and privileges, creating and maintaining DataStage projects, migrations, upgrades and timely project cleanup.
Environment: DataStage 7.5, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2005, Erwin, Autosys, UNIX AIX, Visio & Perl, WinScp3.