- 8+ years of experience in full life cycle of software project development in various areas like design, Applications development of Enterprise Data Warehouse on large scale development efforts leveraging industry standard using Talend and Informatica.
- 3+ years of experience using Talend Data Integration/Big Data Integration (6.2/5.x) / Talend Data Quality.
- Extensive knowledge of business process and functioning of Heath Care, Manufacturing, Mortgage, Financial, Retail and Insurance sectors.
- Extensive experience in ETL methodology for performing Data Profiling, Data Migration, Extraction, Transformation and Loading using Talend and designed data conversions from wide variety of source systems including Netezza, Oracle, DB2, SQL server, Teradata, Hive, Hana and non - relational sources like flat files, XML and Mainframe files.
- Expertise in creating mappings in TALEND using tMap, tJoin, tReplicate, tParallelize, tConvertType,, tflowtoIterate, tAggregate, tSortRow, tFlowMeter, tLogCatcher, tRowGenerator, tNormalize, tDenormalize, tSetGlobalVar, tHashInput, tHashOutput, tJava, tJavarow, tAggregateRow, tWarn, tLogCatcher, tMysqlScd, tFilter, tGlobalmap, tDie etc.
- Created Talend ETL jobs to receive attachment files from pop e-mail using tPop, tFileList and tFileInputMail and then loaded data from attachments into database and achieved the files.
- Strong understanding of NoSQL databases like HBase, MongoDB.
- Expertise in Data modeling techniques like Data Modeling- Dimensional/ Star Schema and Snowflake modeling, Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3).
- Excellent working experience in Waterfall, Agile methodologies. Proficient in performance analysis, monitoring and SQL query tuning using EXPLAINPLAN, Collect Statistics, Hints and SQL Trace both in Teradata as well as Oracle.
- Well versed with Talend Big Data, Hadoop, Hive and used Talend Big data components like tHDFSInput, tHDFSOutput, tPigLoad, tPigFilterRow, tPigFilterColumn, tPigStoreResult, tHiveLoad, tHiveInput, tHbaseInput, tHbaseOutput, tSqoopImport and tSqoopExport.
- Experience in development and design of ETL (Extract, Transform and Loading data) methodology for supporting data transformations and processing, in a corporate wide ETL Solution using Informatica PowerCenter and IDQ tool.
- Created mappings using Lookup, Aggregator, Joiner, Expression, Filter, Router, Update strategy and Normalizer Transformations. Developed reusable Transformation and Mapplets.
- Strong Experience with shell scripting, understanding of approaches for business intelligence, data warehouse.
- Self-Starter and Team Player with excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to grasp things quickly.
- Experience in creating Reusable Tasks (Sessions, Command, Email) and Non-Reusable Tasks (Decision, Event Wait, Event Raise, Timer, Assignment, Worklet, Control).
- Experience in writing, testing and implementation of the PL/SQL triggers, stored procedures, functions, packages.
- Involved in Unit testing, System testing to check whether the data loads into target are accurate.
- Experience in support and knowledge transfer to the production team.
- Proficient in interaction with the business users by conducting meetings with the clients in Requirements Analysis phase.
- Experience working in Agile methodology and ability to manage change effectively.
- Responsible for Team Delivery and Participated in Design Reviews.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, enthusiastic, knowledge-hungry self-starter, eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate latest technologies concepts and ideas
ETL Tools: Talend 6.2/5.5.1, Informatica 10.1.1/9.6/9.5/9.1/8.6.1 (Power Center),DataStage 8.1
Data Modeling: Ralph Kimball Methodology, Bill Inman Methodology, Star Schema, Snow-Flake, Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Physical and Logical Modeling, Normalization and De Normalization, SSAS Cubes
Databases: Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i/8i/8.0, Teradata V2R12/V2R6, MS SQL Server 2014 DB2, MS Access 2000
Others: Toad, SQL Navigator, Crystal Reports, TSA, SQL Developer
Environment: MS Windows 2010/2008/2005 , LINUX, UNIX
Job Scheduling: Autosys, Control-M
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. ETL Talend Developer
- Participated in all phases of development life-cycle with extensive involvement in the definition and design meetings, functional and technical walkthroughs.
- Created Talend jobs to copy the files from one server to another and utilized Talend FTP components
- Created and managed Source to Target mapping documents for all Facts and Dimension tables
- Used ETL methodologies and best practices to create Talend ETL jobs. Followed and enhanced programming and naming standards.
- Created and deployed physical objects including custom tables, custom views, stored procedures, and Indexes to SQL Server for Staging and Data-Mart environment.
- Design and Implemented ETL for data load from heterogeneous Sources to SQL Server and Oracle as target databases and for Fact and Slowly Changing Dimensions SCD-Type1 and SCD-Type2.
- Utilized Big Data components like tHDFSInput, tHDFSOutput, tPigLoad, tPigFilterRow, tPigFilterColumn, tPigStoreResult, tHiveLoad, tHiveInput, tHbaseInput, tHbaseOutput, tSqoopImport and tSqoopExport.
- Extensively used tMap component which does lookup & Joiner Functions, tjava, tOracle, txml, tdelimtedfiles, tlogrow, tlogback components etc. in many of my Jobs Created and worked on over 100+components to use in my jobs.
- Used Talend most used components (tMap, tDie, tConvertType, tFlowMeter, tLogCatcher, tRowGenerator, tSetGlobalVar, tHashInput & tHashOutput and many more).
- Created many complex ETL jobs for data exchange from and to Database Server and various other systems including RDBMS, XML, CSV, and Flat file structures.
- Created Implicit, local and global Context variables in the job. Worked on Talend Administration Console (TAC) for scheduling jobs and adding users.
- Worked on various Talend components such as tMap, tFilterRow, tAggregateRow, tFileExist, tFileCopy, tFileList, tDie etc.
- Developed stored procedure to automate the testing process to ease QA efforts and also reduced the test timelines for data comparison on tables.
- Automated SFTP process by exchanging SSH keys between UNIX servers. Worked Extensively on Talend Admin Console and Schedule Jobs in Job Conductor.
- Involved in production n deployment activities, creation of the deployment guide for migration of the code to production, also prepared production run books.
Environment: Talend Data Integration 6.2/5.5.1, Talend Enterprise Big Data Edition 5.5.1, Talend Administrator Console, Oracle 11g, Hive, HDFS, Sqoop, Netezza, SQL Navigator, Toad, Control M, Putty, Winscp.
Confidential, Albany, NY
Sr. ETL Talend/Informatica Developer
- Used tRunJob component to run child job from a parent job and to pass parameters from parent to child job.
- Created Context Variables and Groups to run Talend jobs against different environments.
- Used tParalleize component and multi thread execution option to run subjobs in parallel which increases the performance of a job.
- Implemented FTP operations using Talend Studio to transfer files in between network folders as well as to FTP server using components like tFileCopy, TFileAcrchive, tFileDelete, tCreateTemporaryFile, tFTPDelete, tFTPCopy, tFTPRename, tFTPut, tFTPGet etc.
- Experienced in Building a Talend job outside of a Talend studio as well as on TAC server.
- Experienced in writing expressions with in tmap as per the business need. Handled insert and update Strategy using tmap. Used ETL methodologies and best practices to create Talend ETL jobs.
- Develop, implement and maintain ETL codes for creating monthly, quarterly and yearly file extracts from multiple patient source systems
- Coordinate with subject matter experts to analyze business requirements, develop technical specifications, and design ETL modules.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues related to Informatica Production MDM data loads and transformations.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling (Star Schema) of the Data warehouse and used Erwin to design the business process, dimensions and measured facts.
- Extracted the data from the flat files and other RDBMS databases into staging area and populated onto Data warehouse.
- Maintained stored definitions, transformation rules and targets definitions using Informatica repository Manager.
- Developed Informatica mappings to move data from stage to target tables.
- Wrote complex SQL queries on oracle tables to pull data for analysis purpose.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure, and Union to develop robust mappings in the Informatica Designer.
Environment: Talend Data Integration 5.5.1, Informatica Power Center 9.6, Informatica data Quality, PL/SQL, Oracle 11g/12c, UNIX, SQL Developer, SFTP/FTP, Winscp, Putty, Clover ETL
Confidential, Moline, IL
Sr. Talend ETL Developer
- Worked in One Tractor Project that includes enhancements of several sub projects like Bonus Buy, Store Finance Planning, Tax Exemption, ITC
- Participated in all phases of development life-cycle with extensive involvement in the definition and design meetings, functional and technical walkthroughs
- Developed jobs Using best practices for error logging and exception handling.
- As a TSC Standard, created a joblet using tStatCatcher, tLogCatcher, tAssertCatcher, tFlowMeterCatcer and called this joblet in all the jobs to store processing stats into a Database table to record job history
- Used tTSCEventLogger custom component at beginning of every subjob to display the event processing in log
- Consumed SAP IDOCS from IDOCS API using tRestClient and Inserted idocs into ODS tables
- Created promotion XML from the ODS tables for ZBB6 - ZBB9 promotions and send them to WCS team.
- Worked on POSDM project to send different transactions data from Xcenter data base to EDW and DWHSE
- Posted the transaction XMLs created from ODS tables to SAP for Store balancing and Auditing through poslogu API using tRestRequest and tRestResponse components.
- Developed mappings to load Fact and Dimension tables, SCD Type 1 and SCD Type 2 dimensions and Incremental loading
- Used paramsAPI to fetch the last runtime and update the job end time for Incremental loading
- For the better performance used Merge statements in tOracleRow to load the data to persistent table Incrementally from the Global temp tables
- Triggered child job in multiple iterations using tLoop.
- Worked on context variables and defined contexts for database connections, file paths for easily migrating to different environments in a project
- Created global variables in tJavaRow component and re used within the job and passed to child job as context variable
- Integrated java code inside Talend studio by using components like tJavaRow, tJava, tJavaFlex and Routines
- Created sub jobs in parallel to maximize the performance and reduce overall job execution time with the use of parallelize component of Talend in TIS and using the Multithreaded Executions in TOS
- Added Code review synopsis, Developers self-review and documented Unit Test Plan(UTP) with all possible scenarios and attached to the Jira for the code review and approval for deployment to higher environments.
- Wrote stored procedures, Functions & Triggers to support the ETL processes.
- Scheduled jobs in TAC and Tidal and liked job page, run book URL to the Tidal entry for DI DEV Operations use in case of job failure.
Environment : Talend 5.6/6.4, TAC, Tidal, Oracle, Netezza, Aginity, SVN, GIT, RabbitMQ, Postman, Confluence, Jira, Service Now, Putty, Linux, Core Java
Confidential, Denver, CO
Sr. Informatica ETL Developer
- Created analysis of source systems, business requirements and identification of business rules.
- Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Informatica Power Center.
- Worked on complex mappings, mapplets and workflow to meet the business needs ensured they are reusable transformation to avoid duplications.
- Extensively used ETL to transfer and extract data from source files (Flat files and DB2) and load the data into the target database.
- Documented Mapping and Transformation details, user requirements, implementation plan and schedule.
- Extensively used Autosys for Scheduling and monitoring.
- Designed and developed efficient Error Handling methods and implemented throughout the mappings.
- Responsible for Data quality analysis to determine cleansing requirements.
- Worked with several facets of the Informatica PowerCenter tool - Source Analyzer, Data Warehousing Designer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformation Designer. Development of Informatica mappings for better performance.
- Responsible for Performance Tuning at the Mapping Level, Session Level, Source Level and the Target Level for Slowly Changing Dimensions Type1, Type2 for Data Loads.
- Configured the sessions using workflow manager to have multiple partitions on Source data and to improve performance. Understand the business needs and implement the same into a functional database design
- Prepared Unit/ Systems Test Plan and the test cases for the developed mappings.
- Responsible for team members' work assignment and tracking.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5/9.1, Oracle 11g/10g, DB2 7.1, UNIX(Sun Solaris5.8/AIX), Toad 10.0, SQL Developer 3.0, WinScp, Putty, SFTP/FTP, XML Editor, MS-Excel, Ms-Access.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Sr. Informatica ETL Developer
- Interacted with business analysts and translate business requirements in to technical specifications
- Using Informatica Designer, developed mappings to populate the data into target tables
- Used Source Analyzer and Target Designer to import the source and target database schemas and the mapping designer to map the sources to the targets
- Worked extensively on Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Worklet Designer to create, edit and run workflows
- Developed complex mappings/session using Informatica power center for data loading
- Enhanced performance for Informatica session using large data files by using partitions, increasing block size, data cache size and target based commit interval
- Extensively used aggregators, lookup, update strategy, router and joiner transformations
- Develop the mappings to validate the detail files with control files to load various sales data into the system
- Extensively used TOAD to analyze data and fix errors and develop
- Involved in the design, development and testing of the PL/SQL stored procedures, packages for the ETL processes
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to automate repetitive database processes and maintained shell scripts for data conversion
- Experienced in developing Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence and Crystal Reports using different Data Sources.
- Designed web intelligence reports for dimensional hierarchical data
- Created web reports through report template in Web Application Designer.
- Created dictionaries using Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) that was used to cleanse and standardized Data. Worked with Informatica and other consultants to develop IDQ plans to identify possible data issues.
- Extensively used IDQ which helped in debugging and also reducing development time.
- Used Match and Consolidator transformation in IDQ which helped in reducing the duplicates.
- Created several session and workflows in IDQ which we deployed in Power Center.
- Extracted data from SAP R/3 and loaded into Oracle Data Warehouse.
- Used Transformations like Look up, Router, Filter, Joiner, Stored Procedure, Source Qualifier, Aggregator and Update Strategy extensively.
- Experience in installation and configuration of core Informatica MDM Hub components such as Hub Console, Hub Store, Hub Server, Cleanse Match Server and Cleanse Adapter in Windows.
- Knowledge on implementing hierarchies, relationships types, packages and profiles for hierarchy management in MDM Hub implementation.
- Involved in doing error handling, debugging and troubleshooting Sessions using the Session logs, Debugger and Workflow Monitor.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5, IDQ 9.5.1, Oracle 11g, Business objects, Power Exchange, Flat files, MS SQL server 2012, DB2 8.0, Winscp, Control-M, MS. Visio, Shell Script, UNIX.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Sr. ETL/Informatica Developer
- Created detailed Technical specifications for the ETL processes.
- Performed ILIT (Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust) implementation and replacement activities.
- Assisted the team in the development of design standards and codes for effective ETL procedure development and implementation.
- Used Informatica as ETL tool, and stored procedures to pull data from source systems/ files, cleanse, transform and load data into databases.
- Worked on Informatica- Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet, and Transformation Developer.
- Developed the Informatica mappings using various transformations, Sessions and Workflows. SQL Server was the target database, Source database is a combination of Flat files, Oracle tables, People Soft, Excel files, CSV files etc.
- Worked with different Caches such as Index cache, Data cache, Lookup cache (Static, Dynamic and Persistence) and Join cache while developing the Mappings.
- Responsible for Unit Testing, Integration Testing and helped with User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved with the DBA in performance tuning of the Informatica sessions and workflows. Created the reusable transformations for better performance.
- Optimizing the Mappings and implementing the complex business rules by creating re-usable transformations and mapplets.
- Involved with the DBA in performance tuning of the Informatica sessions and workflows. Created the reusable transformations for better performance
- Involved in writing UNIX shell scripts for Informatics ETL tool to run the Sessions.
- Fixing and tracking mapping defects and implementing with enhancements.
- Managing post production issues and delivering task/projects within specific timeline.
- Involved in the mirroring of the staging environment to production.
- Worked on Modification of Actuate report to upload and run reports on servers.
- Worked on Autosys to schedule jobs, define dependencies and etc.
- Collaborated with teams for migration and Production Deployment activities.
- Scheduling Informatica jobs and implementing dependencies if necessary using Tidal Scheduler.
- Responsible for performing SQL query optimization using Hints, Indexes and Explain plan.
- Played a Vital role in requirement gathering, preparation of engineering gathering requirement specification.
- Using Perforce as a versioning tool for maintaining revision history for code.
- Managed production issues and delivered all assignments/projects within specified time lines.
- Worked on all phases of multiple projects from initial concept through research and development, implementation, QA, to live production, by strict adherence to project timelines.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1, IBM UDB DB2, SQL server 2008, Oracle, doc Loader, Embarcadero Rapid SQL 7.7.1, Autosys, Text Exceed 14, UNIX.