- 6+ years of solid experience in building data warehouse/Data marts especially with ETL tools like IBM Information Server Datastage 11.5/11.3/9.1/8.5/ 8.1 x/8.0.x/7.5
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), having thorough understanding of various phases like Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Deployment.
- Expertise as a Data Warehousing Developer using ETL Tool DataStage (Manager, Designer, Administrator, Director) Parallel Extender, QualityStage.
- Installation, configuration, setup and administration of Datastage Server.
- Experience in Database programming Load Data Warehouses (Star Schemas). Developed Strategies for Extraction Transformation Loading (ETL) mechanism
- Report creation using OLAP data source (such as MSAS cubes) and having knowledge in OLAP universe.
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP System Study, Analysis and Dimensional Modeling, E - R modeling. Involved in Designing Dimensional Model (Star schema and Snowflake schema), database administration.
- Performed Debugging, Troubleshooting and performance tuning of Datastage Jobs.
- Used complex flat file stage in complex logic handling from the mainframe data source.
- Handled huge data in various kinds of formats like EBDIC/Binary, data containing unusual characters using Complex flat file stage.
- Expert in Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema modeling, Snowflake Schema modeling, fact and dimension table design, physical and logical Data modeling using ERwin 9.5/4.2/4.1/3. x.
- Worked extensively with Data migration, Data Cleansing, ETL Processes.
- Extensive knowledge in Crystal Reports, SAP Business Objects (6.5 through XI R3, 4.1) reporting technologies.
- Extensive experience in designing and working with Oracle 8i/9i/10g and writing SQL queries and PL/SQL Procedures, Functions, Packages, Database Triggers, Exception Handlers, Ref Cursors, Database Objects using PL/SQL. Proficient in writing Unix Shell scripts.
- Developed reports using SQL server reporting service.
- Expertise in Testing phase planning, preparation and execution.
- Have the knowledge of install and configuration in Datastage.
- Practical experience in Quality Assurance - designing and execution of test cases, test scripts and test procedures
- Hands on experience in tuning mappings, identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in various levels like source, target, mappings
- Expertise in creating schema objects, Performance Tuning of SQL statements
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills used for documenting the analysis and work done.
- Able to work within an aggressive and demanding project schedule and environment.
- Strengths include excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, good analytical skills and logical approach to problem solving.
ETL Tools: IBM InfoSphere Information Server DataStage 11.5/11.3/9.1/8.5/8.1/7.5.2 (Manager, Administrator, Designer, Director) Parallel Extender, Business Objects
Dimensional Data Modeling: Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions tables, physical and logical data modeling, Erwin 4.1.2/3.x and Oracle Designer
Reporting Tools: Data Reports, Crystal Reports 6.x/5.x/4.x, Business Objects 6.0/5.0 (Supervisor, Designer, Business Objects) Web Intelligence
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2000/7.0/6.5 , Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.3, PL/SQL, DB2 UDB, Teradata, Sybase SQL Server 11.0 and Access 2000
UNIX Tools: Shell Scripts, C Shell, K-Shell Scripts, AWK and VI, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris.
GUI: Visual Basic 6.0/5.0/4.0, Excel, Power Point, Visual Interdev 6.5/6.0 and Visual Age 3.5
Version Control tools: Clear Case, SVN
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. ETL Datastage Developer
- Extracted the data from database tables and Flat File data sources, Transformed and Loaded into Target.
- Responsible for interacting with the Business clients and taking part in review of requirements document discussions
- Responsible for interacting with the Business clients and taking part in Review of STM's document discussions
- Prepared source to target documents based on profiling results.
- Preparing the low-level design documentation as per the client's specification.
- Key designer for ETL jobs and responsible for code review of ETL deliverables.
- Designing of the ETL Processes using different parallel job stages such as Join, Merge, Lookup, Filter, Dataset, Transformer, sort, and Aggregator
- Created control-m Visio diagrams for job scheduling.
- Responsible for Code check-in, Version management and all the implementation activities
- Provided the support for testing team in SIT phase.
- Provided the Support for UAT on data load.
- Provided the control M set up and same have been implemented in stage and production.
- Involved in implementation work and successfully implemented in stage and production environments and supported for some time.
- Working as L3 support also for any urgent critical issues in prod.
- Responsible for driving the status calls and technical calls within team and other dependent teams.
Environment: IBM Information Server 11.5 (DataStage, Quality Stage and Information Analyzer) and DataStage 11.5, Erwin, QualityStage, Unix Shell scripting, TOAD, Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, Control M, SVN
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
ETL Datastage Developer
- Involved in creating Business Requirement Document, Functional Requirement Document and prepared source to target mapping documents.
- Extensively involved in different team review meetings, review & analysis.
- Interacted extensively with clients during meetings.
- Created an ETL Datastage Development Standards and best practices document to design the Data Stage Parallel jobs consistently across the projects.
- Did auditing/validation after each load and developed the code to perform actions according to the results.
- Extensively used Parallel Stages like Join, Merge, Lookup, Filter, Aggregator, Copy, Sort, Funnel, Change Data Capture, Remove Duplicates, Surrogate key Generator, Row Generator, and Column Generator for development and de-bugging purposes
- Created several Job Sequences for the maintenance of Data Stage jobs using Wait for file, Job Activity, and other sequence job stages.
- Provide staging solutions for Data Validation techniques.
- Created smart SQL Queries for minimal resource use during data extraction from source.
- Created technical documentation for Datastage ETL designs.
- Created universal parameter set for Datastage ETLs.
- ETLs were designed and created based on performance, system availability, and business requirements.
- Manage scheduling and performance analysis of current jobs in production.
Environment: IBM Information Server 9.1 (DataStage, Quality Stage and Information Analyzer), Erwin 4.1, Windows XP, SQL Server, DB2, Unix Shell Script, MS Access, Oracle 11g, HP ALM, TortoiseSVN