- 10+ years of experience in providing Data warehousing, ETL, BI Reporting solutions.
- Started as programming language instructor in 1996.
- Worked as Research Engineer designing Microprocessor systems for Testel Softronics for a year.
- Joined Hindustan Unilever Limited (subsidiary of Unilever) as systems officer and responsible for managing a team of contractors to consolidate branch sales and Finance data from across India and to deliver sales analysis reports using Oracle Sales Analyzer report and Financial analysis reports using Oracle Financial Analyzer report tool across diverse product groups.
- Worked as a consultant for iGATE global solutions providing data warehousing solutions and BI consulting for GE Power systems, GE Health care. Worked on Oracle Financial Analyzer report, Cognos Finance report, Informatica, Erwin, Business Objects.
- Worked as SAP BO consultant, Universe design, Webi Reports, Crystal Reports for client Confidential .
- Working as ETL/BI Analyst for Confidential . A leading international supplier of On - Demand software and E-commerce services to the insurance, financial and healthcare industries.
- Worked in various OLAP and Business Intelligence reporting tools like Oracle Financial Analyzer, Oracle Sales Analyzer, Oracle Express Server, Cognos Finance, Cognos, Business Objects Webi reports, Crystal reports.
- Maintained and supported OLAP tools used by 1400+users from North America, Asia and Europe with client GE.
- Has a good understanding of relational and dimensional data models and structures. Have worked on star schemas.
- Developed logical data models and physical data models using Erwin.
- Has experience of working independently and coordinate the reports development with other team as necessary for improvement for report accuracy and reliability.
- Good Functional knowledge of Sales, Finance, Relocation services and Healthcare Insurance domain.
- Planned, designed and executed migration of OLAP tools to higher version from existing version.
- Worked on ETL tools like Informatica, Databus 3GL, GL Analyzer Setup for extracting data from OGL and loading into Datamart.
- Worked for Concessio as senior consultant in Host Analytics application.
- Worked for Confidential as Business Intelligence Analyst and BO Admin.
- Recently completed training on Tableau.
- Recently, I have completed online training on Hadoop Ecosystem and its integrations like HDFS, Hive, Pig, Spark. Good knowledge on Spark architecture and its integrations like Spark SQL, RDD's, Data Frames and Datasets API's.
Hadoop: Ecosystem, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Spark architecture and its integrations like Spark SQL, Data Frames and Datasets API's. Good knowledge on Spark using Scala. Good understanding about RDD's.
OLAP Tools: Oracle Financial Analyzer, Oracle Sales Analyzer, Oracle Express Analyzer, Oracle Express Server, SAP Business Objects Universe design, BO WEBI report, Cognos Finance, Cognos, Crystal reports, Tableau.
ETL Tools: Informatica, DATABUS, have some knowledge on SSIS.
OS: UNIX, Windows
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL Server
Modeling Tool: Erwin, Convert
Modeling: Logical Modeling, Physical Modeling, Dimensional Modeling, Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Relational Modeling.
ETL/Business Intelligence Consultant
- Primarily responsible for creating/managing ETL jobs developed using DATABUS (ETL tool) extracting data from Claims/Benefits management software, transforming data into Staging database by creating multiple transaction files for loading Dimensions and Fact tables into relational databases based on Oracle, using Datawarehouse Star Schema model.
- Support and Fix any ETL Job failures during daily load and monthly load process. The ETL job process is automated using Linux Shell scripts.
- Created complex reports for Cognos users using PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Created a core DATABUS ETL program that was reused in upgrading 20 + Confidential clients from previous versions of Oracle to Oracle 11g. Responsible for modifying/testing/deploying hundreds of SQL queries to be compatible with Oracle 11G and DATABUS
- Supported upgrading of Confidential proprietary claims/benefits management software from LuminX V3r1 to V4r1. DATABUS Extraction server is used for ETL process. As part of this upgrade a full history load was done for all fact tables on Oracle databases.
- Created Monthly metrics report for Client AIG using Oracle Stored Procedures.
SAP BO Consultant
- Created WEBI based scorecards and dashboards used by Business unit directors and CIO.
- Consolidated and Converted around 160 + Crystal reports to 6 Webi reports used for Scorecards and Dashboards that are used by business unit directors and CIO.
- Consolidated 30+ reports for each business unit into and migrated from crystal reports into Business Objects WEBI. Created publication’s to send one scorecard/dashboard reports to 30+ Technology sectors.
- Simplified date dimension formulas created in Crystal and Designed Calendar table, Holiday table on SQL server 2005 that can be used for custom date dimensions in Universe designer.
- Developed a new framework for a new BO universe, which involves combining three universes like Incident, Change management and Problem management to single universe.
Business Intelligence Analyst
- Gather report requirements from end users and decide the right reporting tool (Crystal or Webi)
- Perform impact analysis of user requirements on the reports, BO universe and physical data structure.
- Create and modify BO universe - Maintain the conceptual integrity of underlying data model represented by BO universe, Add and modify tables, classes to the Universe.
- Assist and advise WEBI report developer in creation or modification of WEBI reports.
- Migrate BO universe between DEV, QA and user acceptance testing environments for security Implementation project.
- Assist in troubleshooting discrepancies in reports and worked in CMC in scheduling WEBI/Crystal reports, maintaining all job servers.