- A Microsoft certified IT professional with 6 years experience in developing Business Intelligence solution using SQL Server 2019/2016/2012/2008 R2/2008.
- Demonstrating professionalism, attention to detail and collaborative nature. Strong communicator exhibited by working closely with users to identify and resolve problems.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem - solving skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, proactive, self-managing and team player.
- Experienced in creating indexes, Views, complex Stored Procedures, user defined functions, Temporary tables, common table expressions (CTEs) and Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Extensive knowledge in database maintenance, SQL query optimization & performance tuning using performance tools like SQL Profiler, Execution plans, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Experience in managing alerts, operators and jobs using SQL Server Agent.
- Experienced in creating complex SSIS packages for Extraction/ Transformation/Loading (ETL) purposes, Data Migration and Data Conversions.
- Skilled in error and event handling in SSIS using precedence constraints, break points, check points and logging.
- Scheduled jobs for executing SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis using SQL Server Agent
- Good understanding of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with Report authoring, Report management, Report delivery and Report security.
- Extensive experience in developing Drill through, Drill down, parameterized, Linked and Sub reports.
- Knowledge in designing and developing Data Warehouses, Data marts and BusinessIntelligence using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema.
- Developed Multi-dimensional Objects (Cubes, Dimensions) using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2019/2016/2012/2008 R2/2008
Languages: T-SQL, C#
SQL Server, BI Tools: SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools), MS Visual Studio 2015/2017, BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio), Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Index Tuning Wizard, Upgrade Advisor, SQL Configuration manager
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Reporting: MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Data Mining, Data Modeling: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Office Tools: MS Word, Excel, Power point, Access
Development Methodology: SDLC, Agile/SCRUM, TFS
ETL /Data warehouse Developer
- Experience in Full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation of applications in a structured development environment.
- Follow Agile Methodology to keep track of projects and maintaining schedule by conducting daily scrums and bi-weekly sprints
- Worked on developing Tables, Indexes, Views, Creating complex stored procedures, and User Defined Functions.
- Designed and developed SQL server integration services (SSIS) packages using various control flow and data flow items to extract, transform, and load the data from various Sources such as OLE DB, XML, JSON, Excel, Flat files and CSV files into SQL Server 2016 server Database.
- Created SSIS Packages which perform filtering operations to import data on daily basis from an OLTP system to SQL server Database.
- Experience in troubleshooting of processes, issues and errors in SSIS Packages to improve their performance.
- Scheduled jobs for executing the stored SSIS package which were developed to update the database on Daily basis using SQL Server Agent
- Worked on dimensional data modeling (Data Mart) using star schema for fact and dimension tables.
- Implemented different Slowly Changing Dimension methodologies to maintain and update historical data corresponding to Dimension tables in the Data warehouse.
- Developing OLAP cubes by identifying tables (fact and dimension), Data Source and Data Source Views, attributes and dimension members using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Experience in creating time dimensions within SSAS and within SSMS
SQL BI Developer
- Created indexes on the columns recommended by query optimizer to improve the performance of the slow running queries and stored procedures.
- Developed new and modified existing stored procedures, user defined functions and triggers
- Created User Defined Functions to encapsulate frequently and commonly used business logic making the system more modular, secured and extensible.
- Create packages in SSIS with error handling as well as created complex SSIS packages using various data transformations like conditional split, look up, for each loop, multi cast, data conversion and script components.
- Designed and developed tabular, matrix, gauges, chart, drill down reports as well as interactive reports according to business requirements.
- Designed, developed and deployed SSRS reports that include; parameterized reports, snapshot reports cached reports, drill down reports, drill through reports, linked reports, Sub Reports
- Generated multi parameterized reports using SSRS to allow users the ability to make selections before executing reports; thus, making them user friendly.
- Deployed reports to report manager and troubleshooting for any error occur in execution.
SQL Developer/ DBA
- Provided operational DBA support for MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008 and MySQL databases
- Performed installation, configuration, patching/upgrading, security, access control, and capacity management
- Worked with IT team to formulate policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management
- Recommended solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data backup, and recovery specifications.
- Proficient in optimizing database performance, Including instance and SQL tuning, assisting staff in optimizing SQL, hardware sizing, tuning, physical design, schema design, and troubleshooting
- Created and managed required reports in response to business user needs.
- Performed data modeling - normalization of legacy database that migrated from vendor to include the new cleansed database using SQL Server Native tool.
- Worked closely with appropriate stakeholders and IT team members to design data models (database dictionaries including the description of data elements and its utilization).
- Assisted third parties on a data cleansing project.
- Migrated cleansed data from UAT environment to Production.
- Strong knowledge and working experience in Database Backup, Point-in-Time recovery and restoring Database from backup
- Performed copy only backups when required by the business.
- Rebuild indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in T-SQL queries, normalized tables, established joins, and created indexes.
- Created and implemented complex SSIS package to migrate data from multiple data sources for data analyzing, deploying and dynamic configuring of SSIS packages.
- Scheduled jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis using SQL Server Agent