- Having around 8+ years of experience in IT industry as MSBI developer, I had involved in BI and Data Ware Housing using Microsoft BI Suite (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS) in all phases of Software Development life cycle from gathering requirement, development, implementation, testing and support with various business domains like Health Care and Banking in agile environment.
- Expert in Data Warehouse development starting from inception to implementation and ongoing support, Strong understanding of BI application design and development principles.
- Experience in using cloud based managed services for data warehousing in Microsoft Azure (Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake).
- Hands on experience in Data Warehouse/Data mart concepts and Expertise in data modeling for OLAP & OLTP systems from design and analysis to implementation including the conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Strong hands - on experience with application development, DW platforms and databases (SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012/2014): data warehousing, application software SDLC and business reporting.
- Experience in creating Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Constraints, and Indexes using various DDL and DML commands, Complex Inner and Outer joins, analyzing and debugging existing Complex stored procedures, Query optimization.
- Designed and developed DB2 OLTP and OLAP databases in support of Service Oriented Architecture solutions.
- Expertise in MS SQL Server databases with tools like Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler, and Windows Performance Monitor for optimal Performance.
- Experience in extracting data from heterogeneous data sources transforming and loading (ETL) process using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Worked with various tasks such as Control Flow and transformations such as Aggregate, Sort, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Merge join, multicast, conditional split, derived column etc.
- Implemented SCDs while history maintenance in tables.
- Having good Knowledge on CDC (Change Data Capture), Incremental loading in SSIS.
- Created UNIT test cases and prepared technical specifications for SSIS packages.
- Involved in Implemented checkpoints at package level, worked with parameter configuration, created many stored procedures, and called from execute Sql task.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging
- Expert in designing Enterprise reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2005/2008/2012 ) generated drill down reports, parameterized reports, linked reports, sub reports, matrix dynamics and filters, charts in SSRS 2008/2012
- Experience in creating Ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using Report Builder in SSRS
- Implemented sub totals, aggregations and applied various formations. Implemented actions at various levels.
- Created subscriptions and maintained the history using snapshots and caches. Created Reports by using Power Pivot in Excel.
- Experience in deploying created reports in various sources like Web browser, XML and PDF.
- Experience in Cube designing in BI Development Studio (SSAS) to edit various properties of a cube, including the measure groups and measures, cube dimensions and dimension relationships, calculations.
- Experience in Developing and Extending SSAS Cubes, Dimensions and data source views SSAS-Data Mining Models and Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Expert in calculating measures and dimension members using Multi-dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Designed schemas using dimensions, facts and measures and established the relationship between them.
- Working with various cube options Dimension Usage Wizard, KPIs, Actions, and Perspectives.
- Created partitions while processing the cube. Processed Facts and Dimensions at various granularities.
- Exposure to Tabular Model in SSAS 2012 (SSDT).
- Experience in developing Power BI and Qlikview reports.
- Experience with Qlikview objects including multiple charts types, Trends, KPI’s, Bookmarks, Pivoting, custom requests for Excel Export, Fast Change and objects for Management Dashboard reporting and other KPI’s.
- Created QVD’s & updated on timely basis as database updates.
- Created different charts like pie charts, bar charts, radar charts, bubble charts, water fall charts, pivot tables, straight tables and Gauge charts.
- Working on Proof of Concept for migrating to big data, knowledge of big data technologies, Hadoop, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Map Reduce, Spark, Sqoop.
- Have Exposure to Windows Azure SQL database. Have good knowledge on Devops using CI/CD.
- Team partner and active person with excellent communication and documentation skills, ability to work independently within the team and capable of adopting new skills quickly.
Azure Cloud Services: Azure DataFactory, Azure DataWarehouse, Azure DataBricks.
Business Intelligence: MSBI Tools (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS)
RDBMS: SQL Server 2005/ 2008/ 2012/ 2014 , Oracle, DB2
Reporting: SSRS, Power BI, Power Pivot, QlikView
Big data: Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop
Operating System: Windows NT/2000/XP/7
Version Control: Team Foundation Server, SVN
Tools: Red gate for SQL Source Control and database comparison Automic for ETL automation
Sr Data Warehouse Engineer (SQL BI)
- Responsible for determining business information needs and identifies systems requirements.
- Analyzes business intelligence data and provides reports.
- Acts as liaison between information technology and business units.
- Developed SSIS packages, Stored procedures as per business requirement and ensures data accuracy.
- Assesses data extraction, report generation and bugs appearing in operations involving the data warehouse.
- Will generate operational reports, BI reports, dashboards, and data models for various business units with the help of reporting tools.
- Actively collaborated in release, prod deployment, post-production support and maintenance.
Environment: SSMS, SSIS, ETL, MS SQL, Git, Agile.
Confidential, Harrison, NY
Database Engineer (DB2/SQL)
- Design, create and Implement Database Objects by ensuring their integrity, dependency, and performance.
- Responsible for performance tuning and Optimization of stored procedures.
- Understand the Explain plan and design the best approach for efficient output
- Modify existing Stored Procedures with enhancements, new requirements and better execution time
- Developed Programming views, stored procedures, and functions for DB2 DB (Paris III) and MS SQL (Pegasys).
- Ensure the data quality and integrity in databases.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to fix and support current production issues.
- Understand the business requirement after discussion with end users and converted the manual process in automate operations.
- Creating table indexes to improve database performance.
- Unit testing of all DB objects and application modules to ensure accuracy.
- Followed best industrial practices for DB2 and MS SQL and maintain the normalization for all table data storage.
- Coordinated with all teams like JAVA, Front End, QA, BA and Server admins for complete deployments and find more accurate business solutions.
- Converted Alteryx workflows into stored procedures.
- Worked under agile methodology using Jira ticketing tool.
Environment: Agile, DB2, IBM Data Tools, SSMS, MS SQL Server, T-SQL, JIRA ticketing tool.
Sr Database Engineer (SQL BI/DB2/Oracle)
- Involved in requirement gathering, designing, coding, debugging the software, testing and status updates while developing new and existing functionality using agile development practices.
- Experience in migrating the SSIS Packages to Azure Data Lake using Azure data factory.
- Used Azure Data Lake for data storage which holds the massive amount of data using the data factory.
- Created application design document with all the technical details of creating the Database objects like tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Designing and implementing logging, auditing, archiving in MS SQL/DB2 in order to achieve business data retention policy.
- Created ETL solutions using SSIS to extract data from different heterogeneous systems (files without extension/csv files/text files), transformed and loaded into different databases (MS SQL, DB2 & Oracle).
- Created test plans, unit test cases and test data to validate SSIS package workflow and Database objects.
- Created new objects in DB2 and MS SQL, modified existing objects based on requirements/change requests.
- As per business requirements, created stored procedures for data validations after loading the flat file data into db2 staging tables through SSIS Packages.
- Actively collaborated in release, prod deployment, post-production support and maintenance.
- Subversion (SVN) tool was used for checking in, checking out the code and maintain version control.
Environment: Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, SSMS, SSIS, ETL, MS SQL, Toad for DB2, Agile.
Software Engineer (SQL BI/ Power Bi/ QlikView)
- Implement and follow Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process including agile development.
- Involved in supporting, maintaining and documenting the functionality, entire process and workflow.
- Adopted various project delivery process and worked independently on further enhancements and deliveries.
- Used views, procedures and functions to pull data and wrote complex SQL queries by using joins.
- Improved the performance of the application by rewriting the SQL queries.
- Involved in SQL Server performance tuning and optimization, query optimization, index tuning, caching, and buffer tuning.
- Designed and developed ETL packages for extracting and loading the data using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created SSIS Packages using transformations such as the Derived Column, Union All, Pivot, Sort, Conditional Split, Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Used various features in SSIS packages like looping, data formatting, check points, error handling, email notification etc.
- Provided production support by documenting tickets and communicating with customer and vendor.
- Developed report specifications, created and modified reports using SSRS 2008R2/2012.
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases.
- Collaborate with DBA’s to fix database and server issues.
- Created dimensions and facts based on star schema.
- Create Power BI reports with security.
- Help team with Power BI technical learnings
- Strong understanding in creating Dashboards, scoreboards for the required KPI are in QlikView.
- Assisting the client to update their current QlikView dashboards and reports and to modify the existing ETL processes, to incorporate the change in business rules.
- Created various reports in different technologies SSRS, Power Pivot and Power BI
- Created charts, geographical visualizations on Power BI online
- Develop Excel PowerView, PowerQuery, PowerPivot and PowerBI dashboards for data analysis
- Working on Proof of Concept for migrating to Hadoop platform
- Knowledge on big data technologies, Hadoop, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Map Reduce, HBase, Spark, Sqoop.
- Learnt new technologies Oracle and Hadoop in less time, delivered great results along with team.
- Use Microsoft Team Foundation Server for maintaining code.
Environment: Agile, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio 2008/2010, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012/2014, SSMS 2008/2012 (SSIS & SSRS), T-SQL, SQL server Agent, QlikView 10.0/9.0, QlikView SDK, Power BI.
Software Engineer Intern (SQL BI)
- Involved in complete understanding of business requirement and involved in analyzing, Data profiling the sources to load.
- Designed Sources to Targets mappings from Excel files to SQL.
- Responsible for Defining Mapping parameters and variables and Session parameters according to the requirements and performance related issues.
- Optimized SQL queries for efficiency and the front-end developer with their queries and procedures.
- Backing up master & system databases and restoring them when necessary. Supported production environment.
- Logical and Physical design of database for projects on basis of user requirements using ERwin
- Reporting on a weekly basis to the project manager.
- Determine the SQL Server Installation options. Install SQL Server Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program. Test the Installation of SQL Server.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity Checks, Update Database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Planned the Complete Backing up of Database and Restored the Database.
- Fine tuning of database objects and server.
- Job Monitoring and making sure all jobs ran successfully every night
- Configured Server for sending automatic mails to the respective people when a job is failed or succeed.
- Moved the entire phase from the Staging to the Production.
IT Database Analyst (SSIS/SSRS/Oracle10g/DB2)
- Got the requirements from the business users and designed dimensional model based on the inputs.
- Worked with team to meet the deadlines for the creation of database and tables and writing stored procedures, views.
- Involved in creating logical and physical data models using Erwin for new requirements after discussion with technical team and application users as per agile methodology.
- Wrote stored Procedure, scripts, cursors for the bulk application, tested them on the test servers and moved them to the production.
- Involved in SQL Server performance tuning and optimization, query optimization, index tuning, caching and buffer tuning.
- Performed DB2 development, support and optimization activities.
- Generated adhoc records to pull EHR(Electronic Health Record) data related to patients.
- Wrote adhoc queries in DB2 for business partners.
- Provided assistance for optimization and performance tuning of DB2 SQL and stored procedures.
- Exceptional understanding of inheriting casting and converting PL/SQL objects.
- Migrated Oracle 10g, MySQL, MS Access database into MS SQL Server 2008R2.
- Developed SQL scripts, ensured optimal performance of the queries to generate reports from various relational databases like Oracle, MS SQL.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from Access, Oracle, OLE DB Source (MS Sql), XML, Flat Files, Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server 2012.
- Developed SSIS packages to move data from development to environment to different environments within the organization.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Created mappings using transformations such as the Derived Column, Union All, Pivot, Sort and Conditional Split.
- Used most of the components in SSIS packages like looping, data formatting, check points, error handling, email notification etc.
- Tune various packages for reducing their processing time by using parallel processing approach and using SQL Profiler.
- ETL Process designed to take advantage of parallelism, use surrogate keys, account for slowly changing dimensions, adhere to conformed dimensions, utilize custom error data flows, and incorporate delta loads.
- Worked with Onshore team (USA) for ticketing issues, Development process and Quality support for various Subject areas.
- Worked on error handling a module consisting of data from sales transactions.
- Developed report specifications, created and modified reports using SSRS 2008R2.
- Worked on ad hoc reports Query studio analysis studio to demonstrate relational dimensional reporting.
- Created Executive Dashboards by using SQL Server Report Builder.
- Involved in daily Scrum call with Scrum master and onsite Business team through phone calls.
Environment: Agile, MS SQL Server 2008R2/2012, SSMS 2008/2012 (SSIS & SSRS), T-SQL, MS Access, Oracle10g, DB2, SQL server Agent.
SQL BI Developer (SSIS/ SSAS/SSRS)
- Performed analysis of Business requirements and interpreted transformation rules for all target data objects. Developed ETL specification based on business requirements.
- Designed and developed the Data Flows and control flows and performed data cleansing and quality using Fuzzy lookups.
- Worked with Different data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimensions, Data conversion, Union All, Sort, merge joins, look up etc.
- Analyzed the change requests (CRs) and Business Requirement Document (BRDs).
- Done the Unit testing on newly created SSIS Packages.
- Created/ Updated the ETL Technical Documentations on Clients Repository Portals.
- Involved in creating and modifying the ETL jobs and monitoring the ETL Schedule.
- Involved in performance tuning of SQL statements, Query optimization and Explain Plan utilities. Performed SQL queries extensively to test the Data Warehouse.
- Studied existing OLAP system(s) and created facts, dimensions and star schema representation for the data mart and warehouse systems.
- Implemented Cube Security by Using Roles and Dimension security in the cube using Many-to-Many Dimensions for a user view of the data in the data source.
- Created different kinds of Reports like Drill Down Reports, Matrix, drill through reports, Linked Reports using SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
- Experience in creating Ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using Report Builder in SSRS.
- Experience in designing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Subscriptions, snapshot and Linked Reports as per requirements.
Environment: Agile, MS SQLServer 2008R2/2012, SSMS 2008/2012 (SSIS, SSRS & SSAS), T-SQL, SQL server Agent.
SQL BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS/DB2)
- Developed ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, CSV, Excel files, etc) and loaded the data into target tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Used SQL Server Import Export wizard to import the CSV, Excel files provided by the sources.
- Used different Tasks (Data Flow, Execute SQL, Script, FTP, Send mail etc.) and Transformations (Data conversion, Merge, Row count, Multicast, Sort, Lookup, and Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) in developing the SSIS Packages.
- Created different types of User-defined functions, worked with T-SQL, DDL, DML and DCL and used Joins to write queries that retrieve data from more than one table.
- Designing the database objects like stored procedures, functions, views, tables etc
- Created Parameterized reports, Cross-Tab reports, Drill down reports & Summary reports and used Report Manager to assign roles, permissions and report schedules to improve the performance of SSRS.
- Deploying the generated reports on production server.
- Creating Complex Reports like Drilldown, Drill through Tabular, Matrix, Sub reports in SSRS.
- Developing parameterized reports including multi-parameters.
- Involved in creating executive dashboards by using SQL Server Report Builder.
- Writing stored procedures Reports using Report Builder.
- Run queries in DB2 to generate reports/extracts for the clients.
Environment: SQL Server Management Studio 2008R2, DB2, Microsoft visual studio 2008, Query Analyzer, SSIS, SSRS, SQL profiler, Performance Monitor, Query Optimizer, T-SQL.