- Proactive and highly motivated professional used to work both in team environments and as an independent contributor with superior analytical, troubleshooting and problem - solving skills with over 13 years of experience in the IT field.
- Well-rounded background that combines a wide array of technical skills with business capabilities in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- I have performed in a diverse range of roles that include data architecture and modeling, ETL development, business/data analysis and dashboard creation.
- Always looking for a challenge that can inspire growth and the continuous sharpening of skills.
Database : Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, Toad, IBM Informix, Server Studio, DbVisualizer
ETL Tools : Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), BCP, BODS (Business Objects Data Services)
Reporting Tools : MicroStrategy, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services, Tableau
Languages / Tools: T-SQL, HTML, PHP, XML, Visual Studio, C++, ERwin, MS Visio, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) 2008 and 2005, Notepad++, Sharepoint, Basic Python, JIRA
Data Warehouse Architect/ Analyst
- Designed, created and maintained data models to process data related to areas such as human resources, payroll, finance and budget, and judicial cases. Analyzed requirements and developed appropriate data models (Conceptual, Logical and Physical).
- Experience working with Agile methodology.
- Performed extensive data modeling and maintenance to handle data related to the filing of bankruptcies. I worked with the business users and developers to address their requirements successfully. I was responsible for all changes applied to models to manage data associated to bankruptcy cases. Designed and created new tables, foreign key relations, indexing strategy, table partitioning, general maintenance, etc.
- Reversed engineered a large number of data models of the organization’s preexisting data marts.
- Established and enforced technical standards. Developed an abbreviation glossary used to standardize the naming of objects during the data modeling phase of active projects, the standards were applied to all projects going forward. I aided data governance analysts and dashboard developers based on my knowledge of the data marts across the organization.
- Worked closely DBAs to set up the schemas. Designed and championed the creation of a repository dedicated for conformed dimensions to be shared across multiple teams. Collaborated with DBAs to implement effective table partition strategies.
- Created visualizations/dashboards to provide the client an alternate way of viewing some of the findings from a data mart assessment project.
- Used limited documentation available, data analysis and SQL to engineer an ERWin data model that included over 2000 tables from a source system. I identified approximately 2900 foreign keys across those tables, many of which were previously unknown or undocumented. These findings provided a valuable insight on how the source system functioned which in turn gave other architects and developers a clearer picture when they had to bring any of the objects from the source into the data warehouse.
- At US Federal Courts - Department of JDAO (Judiciary Data and Analysis Office) I aided in several efforts including projects like Wiretap, Bankruptcy Redesign, Civil Court Accounting Management, Defender Services Office and HR Integration. I performed extensive research including interviewing SMEs who could provide background knowledge from both technical and business perspectives to produce and assessment report of the status of the mart across the organization.
- Assessed over a dozen data marts across the JDAO. Led project meetings related to requirements gathering. Provided detailed accounts of each data mart assessed at both technical and business levels covering topics such as each mart’s data sources, architecture, ETL, universes, data flows among other areas of interest.
- Provided detailed accounts of findings related to data overlap across data marts based on extensive data analysis.
- Created multiple Tableau dashboards to showcase data findings such as a prototype dashboard describing the ETL performance for several program areas through own initiative.
- Created DPBR (Data Process Business Rules) documentation as well as source to target mappings. Identified potential issues with the ETL processes by analyzing data in the DB.
- Performed data profiling through SQL queries and in-depth analysis. Participated in data cleanup efforts to fix anomalies found in previously mentioned analysis.
- Led project meetings related to data modeling and performed extensive modifications to an inherited data. Models. Supported and maintained development of conceptual, logical and physical data models to support permanent data storage of business subject area data.
- Ensured logical and physical models contained all required metadata in description and notes. Ensured logical and physical models conformed to all applicable standards (such as column naming conventions, index naming, etc.)
- Implemented physical model enhancements to optimize ETL and reporting runtime performance.
- Rationalized the integration of dimensions and fact tables from separate data marts. Forward engineered DDL files and executed the scripts to create tables, partitions, indexes and other database objects.
- Presented data findings to both internal team members as well as client representatives, both at technical and business levels of communication.
- Configured JIRA boards. Created and assigned tickets and managed the overall maintenance of the boards.
- Worked with limited supervision while keeping assigned deadlines.
- Wrote and maintained (PHP) code to manage data extractions, transformations and loading (ETL). Was in charge of monitoring error alerts, troubleshooting errors and resolving any issues generated from code or incoming data. Created alerts to detect errors. Created and optimized code to notify administrators over email of errors or incidents. Troubleshot data extractions from web-site portals scheduled every hour.
- Used MicroStrategy tools to create dashboard prototypes for presentation purposes. Designed several versions and polished dashboards according to customer requirements. Created set of metrics. Created reports in a diverse range of formats to display data in an engaging manner.
- Used Tableau to create reports and dashboards to visually display a range of statistics from the data provided with a short turnaround. Helped organized forums to highlight the potential of data available through the DATA Act by working with other members of ACT-IAC.
- Performed an in-depth data analysis for Jumeirah (a luxury hotel chain) to gain insights into the quality of their data. Presented a detailed report describing anomalies in the data sets. Used SSIS to perform extractions and other ETL tasks. Used SSRS to create a series of reports according to user requirements.
- MySQL database. Creation of tables and maintenance of MySQL database. Run queries and troubleshooting.
- Served as Sharepoint Administrator.
- Business development and writing proposals. Constant use of writing skills to deliver technical and business-oriented documents alike. Familiar with the process of responding to Fed requests for information and request for proposals.
- Performed conversion of flat files and uploaded them to a database to perform data analytics.
- Installed, configured and administered Windows Server 2012. Created several virtual machines in a development server. Configured firewalls and set up VPN access to the server.
- Performed recruiting tasks. Worked with partner to build teams for NATO; was responsible for finding, vetting and preparing candidates for NATO roles while managing the engagement for those positions.
- Prime contact with the clients throughout the discovery and definition phases of the dashboard in order to ascertain the client’s needs and requirements.
- Designed and developed MicroStrategy reports and dashboards to support management of the revenue assurance process using the Synaptitude process model.
- Used documentation and example reports to design the data model which was populated with mock data for the initial proof of concept.
- Proof of concept feedback was incorporated into the final set of reports and dashboards.
- Designed and implemented the table architecture with Microstrategy Architect as well as the creation of all the dimension, facts, metrics, reports and dashboards to present a proof of concept.
- Core developer for a project with Pepco Holdings in which he was responsible for the data integration of over two dozen data sources including mainframe, databases, website scrapes and ftp repositories.
- Use of SSIS 2005 and SSIS 2008 to integrate over 20 independent data sources including mainframe, MS SQL Server, Oracle, and Informix into a data warehouse used for a Call Center Reporting System.
- Produced full ETL documentation for every SSIS package used in the extraction and processing of every data source in the system.
- Responsible for project management tasks throughout the definition and design phases of the warehouse. Was comfortable interacting with business clients as well as developers and DBAs to facilitate problem solving.
- Responsible for the integration and testing of the work of offshore team members into the project and added further documentation to it.
- Involved directly in workshop sessions with stakeholders in order to show progress in the project and how to use the reporting system.
- Worked closely with DBA and system administrators to ensure successful installation and subsequent production support patches and upgrades.
- Led knowledge transfer workshops to transition the entire ETL process to the client.
- Responsible for managing error resolution during UAT. Served as the technical point of contact for the client during testing and transition.
- Retained after initial development project to provide several months of production support and to develop and implement new ETL requirements.
- Created several MicroStrategy reporting projects including set up of all metadata in MicroStrategy Architect from warehouse facts and dimensions to attributes metrics, reports and dashboards.
- Installation and setup of MicroStrategy Intelligence Server
- Gathered requirements to design and create a diverse range of reports and dashboards.
- Created and maintained stored procedures, functions and triggers in SQL Server. Optimized stored procedures and queries.
- Comfortable creating different types of scheduled reports and on-demand reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Proficient in the use of SQL Server Analysis Services to create multidimensional cubes.
- Worked utilizing data modeling tools like ERWin and MS Visio for dimensional & relational modeling including star-schema modeling, snowflake modeling, fact and dimension tables.
- Frequent use of Transact-SQL (DDL, DML).
- Acquired knowledge of concepts and practical use of data extraction, transforming and loading (ETL). Use of SQL tools like SSIS, data transformation services, Bulk Insert, BCP.
- Use of data modeling generation of on-demand reports for business analysis using SSRS.