- Total 15 years of IT experience in software development, Informatica design and development, Data Architecture, Data Integration and Business Intelligence.
- Solid experience in designing, developing and testing large scaled ETL application for data warehouse application using Informatica PowerCenter and Unix shell script.
- Experience in Informatica Analyst (a data profiling tool) and used it extensively to profile the data residing in tables and flat files and use the results to create an efficient data model.
- Working knowledge with Informatica cloud based tools such as IICS Data Integration and Mass Ingestion.
- Expertise using relational databases and query languages, performance tuning large SQL scripts and perform analytical data research.
- Experience with Oracle Exadata database engine, designed ETL to maximize the exadata’s columnar compression methodology.
- Good experience in analysing data, Oracle SQL query (explain plan) and optimizing it for better performance.
- Strong understanding and experience in BI/Data Warehouses, Data Marts, and Data Lakes.
- Knowledge and experience with ErStudio (data modelling tool)
- Experience in designing and developing data models such as conceptual, logical and physical.
- Experience creating engineering documentation such as development design document, Unit test document, data flow diagram and system flow diagrams.
- Knowledge of Job Scheduling tool like CA7 (Mainframe JCL), Control - M, Tivoli and JCL scheduler.
ETL: Informatica PowerCenter 10.0.2/9.5, IICS Data Integration
Data Modelling: Er/Studio Data Architect 17
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL SERVER 2000
Operating System: Windows 9x, UNIX (Sun, HP, AIX), Mainframe
Languages: Unix Shell Script, SQL, C, Python
Tools: ErStudio, TOAD, Teradata SQL Assistant 6.2, Control-M
Reporting: Power BI, Microsoft SSRS
Business Area: Health Care, Telecommunication.
- Design ETL processes and develop source-to-target data mappings, integration workflows, and load processes.
- Worked as an ETL Developer on the various Confidential Corporate Initiatives.
- Created mainframe JCL to define the Informatica workflows details such as workflow name, run.sh path, etc that are needed to schedule the Jobs in CA7.
- Created Form 09, and 11 to schedule the jobs in CA7 to run at specific time or trigger based on the file.
- Carried out a proof of technology using the Informatica Mass Ingestion to perform CDC (initial and incremental load) from on-prem SQL Server to Snowflake Datawarehouse.
- Design and implement new metrics (audit and data governance validation) for each of the database table and automate it as part of ETL processing job.
- Re-design the existing Informatica ETL process to reduce daily run time, which were around 22 to 36 hours daily, to less than 1.5 hours.
- Implement the strategy on data reusability and data restriction as much as to limit the volume of data processing through the ETL and improve the performance.
- Introduce industry standard ETL best practices into the design such as restart ability, improvised forward lookup mechanism, etc.
- Carry out Unit Testing and support all testing efforts (integration, functional, system, performance and UAT).
- Worked with the business and participated in multiple meetings to discuss the business requirements and create ETL design based on the requirement.
- Created project documentation - Solution Design Document, ETL process document and Production support documentation.
- Carry out a proof of concept of the Azure trusted solution by implementing a type-2 mapping using Azure Data Factory and create external tables on Azure Synapse.
- Analyzed existing STARS application and ETL code in Informatica Power Center and created a data model using ER/Studio Data Architect tool.
- Created Architecture documentation such as System flow diagram and Flow Diagram for multiple corporate projects.
- Created data dictionaries for the new data models as well as existing data models missing documentation.
- Used Informatica Analyst (a data profiling tool) extensively to profile the data residing in tables and flat files and used the results to create the table structure.
- Carried out complex data model operations such as reverse engineering, comparing and merging data model to live data base and create sync DDL, compare and merge objects within the same or different data model, etc.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5,Informatica IICS Data Integration, Oracle Exadata, UNIX, Informatica BDM, Hadoop, HDFS Hive, Parquet, Sqoop, Kafka, HBASE, Impala, Solr, Azure, Data Factory, Synapse, Snowflake datawarehouse.
- Designed and developed Ab-initio graphs to extract selected data from provider and group table, transform appropriate messages into a readable format for the business and then to route the data to PDE ( middleware ).
- Developed Ab-Initio graph to email the provider reject report and status to the users.
- Wrote KB SQLs to extract data from chronicles.
- Developed Ab-initio graphs to implement SCD tables and Fact table.
- Worked with the Confidential (Fruad, waste and Abuse) department of Kaiser Permanente to craete AbIntio graphs and generatedata extracts as per the requirement.
- Prepared Capacity Planning for all the subject areas ADT, Clinical, Emergency Department, Inpatient, Outpatient and Surgery and Helped in preparing the Design Document and Production Support Document.
- Developed various Ab Intio Graphs for extracting the Clarity data into Unix/Mainframe staging area, Transforming and ftp-ing the extracted data to Mainframe GDG Server.
- Carried out analysis of downstream application in Informatica and Changed the Informatica mappings to make the downstream application compatible with new database.
- Developed Ab-Initio graphs to SFTP the files to vendors.
- Conducted Unit and System testing.
- Prepared Test Plan, Implementation, Back Out Plan Document and Production support document.
Environment: Informatica, Ab Initio (GDE 1.14.31, Co>Op 2.14.95), Teradata V2R5, Sybase
Customer Data Management System
- Schedule preparation and maintenance.
- Work distribution at offshore.
- Coordination with onsite team.
- Job tracking & Issue handling.
- Analysis of Ab-Initio graphs for resolving the data issue.
Environment: Ab Initio (GDE 1.10, Co>Op 2.10), Oracle 8i, Unix ( SUN, HP ), Clarify efrontoffice, Control-M job scheduler.