- Around 5 Years of Information technology experience in testing, has been playing a role in various phases of the Software Testing cycle such as analyzing the Business requirements by interacting with User Groups, Development team, preparation of test suit, test cases, test case execution and bug reporting.
- Experience in creating Business analysis reports, Test Readiness Review (TRR), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) documents.
- Experience in using HP Quality Center and JIRA for Bug Tracking and Defect Reporting.
- Well - versed with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and methodologies Waterfall and Agile.
- Extensive experience in ETL/Data Warehouse backend testing and BI Intelligence reports testing.
- Worked with heterogeneous databases and expertise in writing Complex SQL Queries using Teradata, Toad and PL/SQL developer and in validating data into Data Warehouse/ETL applications.
- Strong knowledge in creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Strategies, Defect Management to ensure Quality Assurance and to test all the business requirements.
- Experience in UNIX Shell Programming for scheduling, file manipulation etc.
- Expertise in preparing test reports from Quality Center and prepared daily test status reports to communicate the test status with the team.
- Experience in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables.
- Experience in using ETL Informatica tool and running ETL Sessions and Workflows using WF Manager and Monitor.
- Experience in creating and modifying stored procedures, views, triggers in MSSQL and Oracle. Experience in writing complex queries in SQL to extract data from databases.
- Experience in writing test cases and performing unit testing, system testing, system integration testing, user acceptance testing, ETL testing and Database comparison testing for various applications.
- Experience in automation testing using QTP/UFT for functional and regression testing.
- Excellent communication skills in handling cross-functional teams, coordinating technical support, promoting data analysis, conducting performance tuning and supervised data collection guides.
- Have experience in evaluating the product by different modes of testing, which includes functional testing, system integration testing, end to end testing, production validation testing, user acceptance testing, performance testing and document all the test results and publish the status report of each testing and providing sign off for testing of the module.
- Quick learner, efficient, self-motivated and success oriented. Excellent written and communication skills and ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
ETL/ Data warehouse testing: Informatica, Datastage
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL
Defect tracking tools: Quality Center, Jira
Tools: MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Analyzed the business requirements and all other project documents with Business Analysts, Development Team and created test plan.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases to thoroughly test Data Warehouse, BI tools and Big Data related applications and entered them in HP ALM tool.
- Worked with source system teams to create proper test data for the ETL testing.
- Created Positive and Negative Test Cases to validate all possible test scenarios.
- Extensively worked on Informatica power center tools, Oracle, Teradata
- Tested Informatica mappings, different Teradata load utilities including BTEQ, Multi Load, Fast Load and Fast Export.
- Executed and monitored ETL loads using Informatica workflow monitor and performed Troubleshooting of load failures.
- Tested Type 2 Dimensions, Fact tables, Surrogate key process, and Start Schemas.
- Tested ETL Transformation Rules and data flow between Source systems, Hadoop and Oracle/Teradata environments.
- Tested Historical Data move from Teradata to Hadoop to free up the space in Teradata.
- Validated the processing in both directions to make sure that there is no data loss due to data type conversions.
- Worked on Regression Testing for Hadoop Upgrade 5.3 to 5.4.7 by executing the workflows and scripts.
- Validated the results from pre-upgrade and post-upgrade runs.
- Logged and tracked Defects in ALM, Analyzed test results after test run.
- Developed ETL test scripts based on technical specifications/Data design documents and Source to Target mappings. Created Test Data and Traceability Matrix.
- Tested Full load and Incremental / Delta loads to large amount of data to couple of interfaces and making sure Inserts and Updates of loading the data is done correctly.
- Utilized Quality Center as test management tool to manage and organize Requirements Coverage, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Creation of defects.
- Implemented Agile Process - SCRUM Methodology with Face-to-face conversation with project team for frequent deliveries of product to end-user.
- Generated Test Metrics and Reports from ALM that reflects the current status of test execution and the status of defects on a Daily / Weekly basis and review with Testers, Developers and Business Analysts
Environment: ETL Informatica PowerCenter, ALM/HP Quality Center, Agile, SQL, Oracle, Teradata, UNIX, Toad for Oracle, MS Office, QTP, UNIX, Agile, SCRUM, MS Office
- Gathered the business requirements, ETL Analysis, ETL test and design of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse
- Implemented SQA testing Standards in SDLC and SQA testing methodologies in SDLC/STLC
- Responsible to prepare schedule and test activities based on SDLC
- Evaluated, recommended and executed of innovative testing techniques as part of the software development life cycle
- Responsible to use Excel test matrix to prepare documentation for facilitating daily scrum meetings and weekly status meetings to the Project Managers and Senior IT Director
- Responsible to prepare and planned what we have to test first on phase 1 and phase 2, based on requirements, i.e. test schedules and test activities
- Mentored and conducted meetings and training sessions for testing resources covering status and progress meetings, what they were working on, what improvements they were showing the client
- Identified roadblocks and discussed with development team to fix the roadblocks
- Assisted clients in user acceptance testing (UAT) and product release
- Built plan and execution plan for Integration testing and End to End testing
- Tested the application in different test environments
- Analyzed data in Testing of DWH using Data validation and verification, Data Mapping and applying business rules of ETL
- Conducted Data warehouse/ ETL Testing to validate transformation phase and loading phase of the data and also verifying the ETL mapping rules
- Wrote complex SQL queries for data validation for verifying the ETL Mapping Rules
- Documented RTM and linked the requirements to test cases to ensure test coverage
- Documented test cases in the Quality Center and configured the required Test Set properties for test execution
- Responsible to request the team members to identify the input data for the written test cases and requested them to write test cases for Phase 2, which resulted in improved processes and resolution for roadblocks
- Used Microsoft word to prepare test plans for approval by management. Based on management feedback, reviewed test plans, and then wrote test summary reports in Excel in order to show the testing status to the management
- Used MS Visio to prepare flowcharts and decision diagrams
- Reviewed Business Requirement Document (BRD) for accuracy and Completeness.
- Designed and Preparing Test Scenarios, Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Data.
- Developed SQL queries and scripts to validate the data such as checking duplicates, null values, truncated values and ensuring correct data aggregations.
- Prepared the Test Plan and Testing Strategies for Data Warehousing Application
- Ran Informatica jobs through Workflow Manager and monitoring the same in Workflow Monitor.
- Prepared daily status reports with details of executed, passed, and failed test cases and defect status.
- Closely worked with Product Managers, developers, Business Analysts and System Analyst ensuring that, the SQA standards and methodologies are successfully implemented
- Closely worked with developers, Business Analysts and System Analyst to get clear functionality of the Application and Mentored/Participated daily and weekly test status updates to QA Lead/ QA Manager
Environment: Oracle, UNIX, Toad, SOAP UI, SQL, ETL, HP ALM, MS Office suite, HP UFT, Agile, SCRUM, HP Quality Center, MS Office
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Analyzed the business process workflows, ETL workflows and mapping document indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required, business rules to be applied, target tables, columns and data types.
- Interacted consistently with the developers and analysts to determine the types of testing required throughout the Bug Life Cycle (BLC) and to report any data discrepancy.
- Worked with ETL source system and target system (ETL mapping document) for writing test cases and test scripts.
- Derived Test Scenarios, Documenting Test Cases and Collecting Test Data for Functional Testing.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing).
- Tested various ETL processes developed using ETL tools like Informatica Power center and SSIS.
- Verified column mapping between source and target.
- Developed a Defects Tracking Log for the SharePoint Site to track defects while testing.
- Contributed to Test Plan Documentation and updated Traceability Matrix Document.
- Developed SQL queries /scripts to validate the data such as checking duplicates, null values, concatenated strings, truncated values and ensuring correct data aggregations.
- Performed End to End testing for the ETL Load process which included testing incoming file format, Loading Staging tables, Business rules implementation, Matching Criteria, Data Cleansing, Load to final tables and Reports generation.
- Created Test Batches, Executing Test Cases and Reporting Defects.
- Performed Data Driven Testing with valid and invalid inputs, and Database Testing (Checking Data Integrity, Data Manipulations, and Data Comparison). Validating the Full loads and Delta loads.
- Performed UAT testing, SIT Testing, Regression Testing and Functional testing.
- Extensively used Informatica power center for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Extensively tested several ETL Mappings developed using Informatica and SSIS.
- Wrote several SQL queries for validating the front-end data with backend.
- Tracked Defects, Selecting Test Cases for Re & Regression Testing.
- Performed Sanity Testing, Re & Regression Testing on modified Software Builds.
- Collected Test Metrics and Documentation and updated Test Cases and Test Data.
- Executed SQL queries to perform backend database testing and verify/modify user data.
Environment: Informatica Power Center, ETL, MS SQL Server, MS Access, MS Excel, Windows Batch Jobs, HP Quality Center, JIRA, SSIS.