- Over 5+ years of IT experience, working as ETL tester on various Data Warehouse Environments in multiple domains.
- Experience in full software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC) analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance in data warehousing environment.
- Expertise in understanding Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, decomposing into HLD's and ETL Specifications into Test Cases for positive and negative test conditions.
- Extensive experience in ETL process consisting of data transformation, sourcing, mapping, conversion and loading.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data modeling, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch.
- Experience in gathering functional requirements from users and designing data model for ETL development.
- Experience in writing and development of test cases, test scripts and test procedures.
- Identifying and tracking performance issues and defects during testing.
- Extensive experience in performing different types of testing including White Box, Black Box, System, Functional, Integration, Regression, Smoke, GUI, Database and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Experienced with coordinating cross - functional teams, project management and presenting technical ideas to diverse groups & proven ability to implement technology-based solutions for business problems.
- Experience in Data Profiling, Data Extraction, Data Integration, Data Testing and Data Cleansing.
- Excellent communication skills, team player and hard working.
- Have academic exposure to software development life cycle like Feasibility, Design, Coding, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance.
- Application Data warehousing experience in Financial, Banking, Healthcare and Insurance.
- Experienced in running SQL queries using Toad (Oracle), Teradata SQL Assistant and SQL server.
- Experience in Performance Tuning of SQL and stored procedures.
- Passionate worker to contribute individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn modern technologies quickly with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills. Successful in meeting deadlines and handle pressure coordinating multiple tasks.
Testing Tools: Selenium, Quality Center
ETL Tools: Informatica, Datastage
Reporting Tools: Business Object, Cognos, Ab Initio
Defect/Test Management Tools: Quality Center, Jira, ALM
Languages: Java, SQL
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server, MS Access
WebServer/AppServer: Tomcat, IIS, Weblogic, WebSphere
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Responsible for testing and reviewing of ETL mapping and transformation specifications based on the business requirements from various teams and the business teams.
- Testing of ETL jobs that are scheduled for file transfers from Operational Data Stores to designated file systems/directories.
- Performed Manual Functional Testing and Automated Testing using Selenium, of the application against new builds.
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Document to understand the process and write Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Involved in Relational modeling and Dimensional Modeling Techniques to design ER data models and Star Schema designs.
- Documented the validation rules, error handling and test strategy of the mapping.
- Tuned the complex SQL queries for better performance by eliminating various performance bottlenecks.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing).
- Performed data validation testing after the ETL process using Informatica. Tested several Informatica Mappings to validate the business conditions. Testing the source and target databases for conformance to specifications.
- Tracked the defects using HP ALM tool and generated defect summary reports.
- Worked with newer Informatica transformations like Transaction Control.
- Testing ETL data feeds from various data sources to ware house.
- Compared the actual result with the expected results. Validated the data by reverse engineering methodology i.e. backward navigation from target to source.
- Performed automation testing for the Back Office using Selenium and coordinate with the dev team for immediate hot fixes.
- Tested a number of complex ETL Ab Initio graphs, for initial/ history and daily/weekly/monthly incremental data loads.
- Tested complex mappings using mapplets and reusable transformations.
- Established and documented ETL QA standards, procedures and QA methodologies.
- Verify development of rule-set test scenarios, test cases, expected results and analysis of XML test scripts.
- Used Informatica power center for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Tested several ETL Mappings developed using Informatica.
- Involved in testing data reports. Written several SQL queries for validating the front-end data with backend.
- Conducted test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality.
- Worked with ETL Source System and Target System (ETL Mapping Document) for writing test cases and test scripts.
- Written several SQL statements to confirm successful data transfers between source and target.
- Executed SQL queries to perform backend database testing and verify/modify user data
- Tested Standard Reports, Cross-tab Reports, Charts, Master-Child Drill through Reports and Multilingual Reports.
- Tested several UNIX shell scripting for File validation and also PL/SQL programming.
Environment: Informatica Power Center, Ab Initio, Selenium, SOAP, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, Shell Scripting, Windows.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Gathering the requirements and preparing the test case generation.
- Provided review comments on Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on Functional Requirement Specifications.
- Worked on Data validation, Data merging, Data cleansing and Data aggregation activities.
- Executed the ETL jobs sessions and workflows.
- Involved on ETL Functional testing. Involved in testing Reports. Requirements gathering and freezing of those requirements.
- Involved in ETL process testing using Abinitio ETL tool.
- Utilized source to target data mapping and Business rules associated in the ETL processes.
- Involved in ETL testing, BI Micro strategy Dashboards and reports testing.
- Created ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the Abinitio graphs.
- Involved in Requirement Analysis, Evaluation, Design, Development and Implementation using Informatica.
- Preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix, Test Metrics and Deployment manual.
- Performed Sanity Testing, Data Driven Testing and Ad-hoc Testing when required.
- Performed system testing to ensure the validity of the requirements and mitigation of risks prior to formal acceptance.
- Worked with Data profiling, Data Validation and Data Integrity and Data Cleansing and ETL processes using Informatica.
- Validated the Business Objects Reports against Data warehouse.
- Verifying the Business Objects Report functionality and Layout specifications based on report requirement document.
- Validated the Summary and detail reports with drill down options.
- Closely worked with Clients during User Acceptance Testing to validate their findings, and report defects for resolution.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing with UAT test scenarios.
- Working with Data base testing Involved in Data Migration Testing and preparing documents. Functionality, Interface, and Regression testing.
- Written SQL overrides in source Qualifier according to business requirements.
- Track Sheet Maintenance and map the use case to requirement.
- Build deployment activities and participate in design (spec) reviews with the Core team.
- Evaluate and suggest improvements to the software development process.
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL scripts to perform database testing and to verify data integrity.
- Monitor Testing Activities within the team and report regular progress to the Test Manager.
Environment: Informatics Power Center 8.1/7.1, Teradata V2R6, Oracle, MS SQL Server, UNIX Shell Scripting, PL/SQL, Rational Clear Quest, Windows.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Prepared data mapping document for various data feeds for ETL to write and develop the data extraction routines.
- Created test case scenarios, executed test cases and maintained defects in internal bug tracking systems.
- Developed and executed various manual testing scenarios and exceptionally documented the process to perform functional testing of the application.
- Coordinated between offshore and onsite team and managed multiple OLAP and ETL projects for various testing needs.
- Extensively used Informatica for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Delivered file in various file formatting system (ex. Excel file, Tab delimited text, Coma separated text, Pipe delimited text etc.).
- Wrote store procedures, functions, database triggers and UNIX shell scripts to support and Automate the ETL process.
- Created and executed test cases based on test strategy and test plans based on ETL Mapping document.
- Monitoring ETL jobs in Informatica which involved analyzing the issues and providing corrective actions.
- Performed MS SQL Server T-SQL Queries, creating Tables, and Views by following Teradata Best Practices.
- UNIX and Oracle are using in this project to write Shell Scripts and SQL queries.
- Tested Micro Strategy reports and written test cases using HP Quality Center.
- Tested and validated the cube data, ensuring that the data is correct by comparing the data results to comparable source system reports or by querying individual transactions and forms.
- Defects were tracked and prioritized using Quality Center and analyzed the variation between expected result and actual result.
- Designing and creating new reports, freeform SQL reports in Micro Strategy.
- Designed and prepared scripts to monitor uptime/downtime of different system components.
Environment: Informatica, XML, XSLT, PERL, Micro Strategy, SQL Server, QTP, Quality Center, DTS, T-SQL, SQL, TOAD, Oracle, PL/SQL, IBM DB2, MS Access/Excel/Visio, UNIX Shell Scripting
- Flexible, resourceful, and self-motivated and can work as a team and independently.
- Worked with cross-functional teams to manage defects, compile test results and communicate issues, risks and status on a timely basis to ensure solution meets the business requirements.
- Involved in the Informatica up-gradation testing to make sure that the existing, updated and new workflows are working as expected when migrated to Informatica from Informatica 8.6. Created and documented the test plan for the same.
- Involved in Functional testing, business requirement testing, data requirement testing, regression testing, system integration testing, data validation, and non-functional testing.
- Analyzed the EDW mapping documents, Dimension tables and fact tables.
- Wrote SQL queries to do the column level verification of the Dimension and Fact tables.
- Involved in testing the data warehouse for both the initial load and the incremental loads of the target.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Oracle Database for Data Validation and Data Integrity.
Environment: Quality center, Informatica, Oracle, TOAD, SQL Developer, UNIX, Windows XP, Internet Explorer, SQL, JIRA, OBIEE, SPOTFIRE, ETL.