- Recognized authority in enterprise level agile data warehouse development, dimensional modeling, Business Intelligence Markup Language (Biml), data integration, and analytics.
- Results driven, dedicated to delivering regular metrics to business stakeholders for rapid Return on Investment (ROI) using Agile methodology.
- Excellent communication skills. Experienced and active trainer, presenter, and blogger for the data warehouse and SQL Server communities.
- Technical experience with the following industries: banking, healthcare, defense, government benefits, and general manufacturing.
- Enterprise Level Data Warehousing
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008 - 2019
- Azure Data Factory (ADF) V2
- Azure Synapse Analytics (DW)
- Azure Data Lake
- Biml Hero Certified Expert
- Kimball Dimensional Modeling
- Agile Methodology
- C# Development
- Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- ER/Studio and Erwin
- Redgate SQL Toolbelt
Data Warehouse Architect
- Designed and developed frameworks utilizing Business Intelligence Markup Language (Biml) to dynamically create SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) load packages and/or Azure Data Factories, database tables, views, stored procedures, and other SQL objects. These frameworks facilitate rapid design and deployment of entire enterprise business intelligence projects.
- Designed and maintained many enterprise data warehouses featuring multi-tenant architecture, on-premise and Azure cloud, in real-time, some exceeding several terabytes.
- Architected and loaded many dynamic Operational Data Stores (ODS) which permanently, historically staged data from disparate source systems in a single structure.
- Created BimlScript frameworks which dynamically import and export all common flat file types as well as deserialize (shred) JSON from Azure Cosmos DB.
Data Warehouse Architect
- Technical leader of an enterprise multi-tenant data warehouse SAAS solution. Solely responsible for all design and implementation decisions regarding dimensional modeling, ETL framework, data security, server environments, and database and SSIS programming standards.
- Directed the efforts of an in-house team of twelve data professionals, as well as specialized consultants, using Agile methodology.
- Designed and implemented a multi-tenant dimensional model utilizing Kimball methodology and ER Studio Data Architect including comprehensive audit dimensions, data quality screening, and notification. Model accommodates 20 identified in-scope Confidential SAAS products and supports dynamic object, column, and row level security.
- Designed, developed, and implemented a SSIS 2012 enterprise framework leveraging 8 servers in a “job pile” pattern to load from many different Relational Database Systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. Total number of actual source databases exceeded 10,000.
- Facilitated team-based agile development, project and release management, and database and SSIS source control using Team Foundation Server.
- Designed, developed, and implemented several custom frameworks automating data discovery and validation, SSIS package unit testing, and continuous documentation.
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
- Complete data warehouse lifecycle implementation using the Microsoft Business Intelligence Toolset.
- Client management including business process interviews, simplifying technical subjects for users, and identifying future projects resulting in exceeding billing utilization goals.
- Dimensional Modeling utilizing Kimball methodology, including slowly changing dimensions, star and snowflake schemas, and other data warehouse concepts.
- Architected, designed, and maintained large-scale data integration frameworks (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008 and 2012.
- Designed, created, and supported enterprise analytics solutions with emphasis on usability, consistency, accuracy, and performance using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel, and PowerPivot.