- 5+ years of IT experience with development, analysis, and implementation of data warehousing, ETL (Informatica PowerCenter) and Business Intelligence (Tableau) solutions across industries to support tasks such as data integration, master data management, data analysis, reporting.
- Strong ETL experience using Informatica (10.2/9.6.1/9.1/8.6 ) PowerCenter Client tools - Mapping designer, Repository manager, Workflow manager/monitor and server tools like Informatica server, Repository server manager.
- Extensive knowledge in creating ETL mappings, sessions, workflows, error handling process and schedules .
- Worked with business users to identify functional requirements and create documents that outline technical requirements and proposed design
- Solid understanding of Dimensional data modeling, Star Schema, Snow-Flake Schema, fact and Dimensions tables.
- Performed data profiling and analysis using Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) and extracted data from multiple operational sources into staging area, data warehouse and data marts using SCD (Type1/Type2/Type3) loads.
- Developed complex SQL queries to analyze data, creating automated jobs using TOAD and SQL Navigator.
- Experience with development of Stored Procedures, Packages, Functions, Triggers, Views, Materialized Views, Performance Tuning and Debugging ETL processes.
- Involvement in all phases of development lifecycle of a project from interviewing business users to gather requirements, documenting technical designs, development, testing, and providing maintenance support.
- Developed dashboards and reports using Tableau to aid analysis and insights into data.
- Supported maintenance and post deployment activities related to tableau reporting solution by performing activities such as refreshing data and performance tuning, while maintaining user groups and access permissions.
- Developed a variety of visualizations using Tableau such as Tree maps, Line charts, Bar charts, Pie charts etc. and created ad hoc reports using Tableau by connecting various data sources.
- Generated Dashboards with quick filters and parameters to handle views more efficiently.
- Led the development of proof of concepts of BI and Visualization solutions involving Tableau to identify tool limitations and create non-traditional visualizations to serve complex client requirements.
Tools: Informatica 8x, 9x, 10x
Reporting Tools: Tableau - Desktop and Server
Programming Languages: SQL and PL/SQL, HTML, C#
Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7, UNIX.
Data Modeling Tool: ERWIN, Visio.
Databases: Oracle 10g, 11g, TOAD, Teradata, MS SQL Server, DB2
Confidential - San Antonio, TX
ETL Informatica Developer
- Interacting with business community and gathering requirements based on changing needs.
- Identifying and incorporating factors into Informatica mappings to build Data Warehouse.
- Working closely with the business and development teams to ensure that business requirements are correctly translated into database schemas and ultimately into the application.
- Designing and developing mappings, defining workflows and tasks, monitoring sessions, exporting and importing mappings and workflows, backups, and recovery.
- Creating mappings, which involve transformations, like filter, router, connected & unconnected lookups, stored procedure, joiner, update strategy, expression and aggregator transformations to load the transactions, accounts and customers data from flat files and using debugger to test the mappings and fixed the bugs.
- Developing Slowly Changed Dimensions (SCD) Type 2 for loading data into dimensions and facts.
- Developing and reviewing Informatica ETL mappings, re-usable mapplets, sessions, worklets, and workflows based on business rules and specifications.
- Fixing invalid mappings, performance tuning, testing of stored procedures and functions, testing of Informatica sessions, batches and the Target Data.
- Developing common routine mappings. Utilizing mapping variables, mapping parameters and variable functions.
- Creating and using reusable Mapplets and Worklets to reduce the redundancy.
- Extensively using ETL to load data from Flat files which involved both fixed width as well as Delimiting files and from the relational database, which was Oracle.
- Extensively involved in writing SQL queries (Sub queries and Join conditions), PL/SQL programming.
- Creating shell scripts in UNIX to automate the batch jobs.
- Using PMCMD to schedule jobs and shell scripting to upload data files into tables of the Oracle database.
- Migrating data mappings to production and monitoring, troubleshooting, and restarting the batch process using Informatica. Migration from dev to test and test prod.
- Analyzing the session and error logs for troubleshooting mappings and sessions.
- Using features like Email notifications, Scripts and Event-Wait for ETL process using Informatica Power Center.
- Performing unit test, integration test and performance test per the approved test cases, and documented test results for data migration.
- Providing data loading, monitoring, and system support and working on data issues raised by end user during its production.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 10.2, Oracle 11g, SQL, UNIX.
Confidential - Minneapolis, MN
ETL Informatica Developer
- Worked with Informatica PowerCenter, DB2, Oracle 10g, flat files and other sources to integrate data and worked in Data Warehouse Development life cycle to generate reports.
- Worked with different mappings like getting data from Oracle tables and flat files, getting data from dimension and fact tables in 2 separate data marts and loading to Oracle target tables. Also used pre-loaded stored procedures.
- Used Informatica features to implement Type I, II changes in slowly changing dimension tables and developed mappings to facilitate daily, weekly, and monthly loading of data.
- According to transformation logic, we used various transformations like sorter, aggregator, lookup, expression, filters, update strategy, joiner, router etc. in mappings.
- Created Metadata Manager Service, Reporting Service and Reference Table Manager Service in PowerCenter Admin Console to effectively use Metadata Manager.
- Configured the reusable command task for sending the triggers, invoking different scripts and reusable email tasks for sending failure mails along with success mails, session details and appending logs with it.
- Collaborated with other teams for bug fixing, documenting (checking list, design document, performance test document, business approval document, and code review document) and getting them approved.
- Responsible for writing test cases for each ETL mapping and uploading the test cases using the Mercury testing tool and writing the ETL Specs document.
- Developed SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, and triggers for implementing complex business rules, transformations, and loading.
- Tuned various SQL queries, mappings, targets, and sources to improve the performance.
- Used session and workflow logs for debugging, worked on Cognos to generate reports.
- Used debugger wizard to remove bottlenecks at source level, transformation level, and target level for the optimum usage of sources, transformations, and target loads.
- Configured workflows for running concurrently, used various types of migration techniques for moving code from development environment to test environment.
- Performance tuning on sources, targets mappings and SQL (Optimization) tuning.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Oracle 11g/10g, SQL Server 2008, PL/SQL, DB2, Cognos, Windows XP, UNIX.
Confidential - Tampa, FL
- Conducted data cleansing for unstructured dataset by applying Informatica Data Quality to identify potential errors and improve data integrity and data quality.
- Assisted in reconstructed tables in database on department level (data marts) using Entity Relationship Diagram and utilized star schema to design database structure.
- Multiple dimension (conformed, etc.), fact tables were utilized to add more feasibility in the database to share dimension or reduce space usage.
- Prepared sources (database, flat files) to connect with Informatica PowerCenter and created file list by using UNIX to improve files processing efficiency.
- Gathered information from DB team to decide target definitions for data to be stored and evaluated as measures such as default probability, loan amount, duration, and credit score.
- Created multiple Informatica transformations (Source Qualifier, Lookup, Router, Update Strategy) were utilized to create SCD type mappings to illustrate changes in loan related data in a timely manner.
- Conducted fast data analysis by writing SQL queries constantly using join and subquery and saved result in CSV file for data visualization.
- Applied Tableau Desktop to implement loan dashboards to demonstrate necessary metrics (bad / good loans, distribution of age with respect of loan amount, duration for loans get full repayment, etc.) where filters, calculated fields, control panel were used.
- Resolved performance issue with scalability by tuning parameters or changing the graphs.
- Delivered presentation to executives on current loan performance and future trend.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6, Business Objects XI R3, Universe Designer, Tableau Desktop 10, Oracle 9i, Windows.
Confidential - St. Louis, MO
- Worked on Inventory, Sales and Service, Advertising, Social, Website, Leads, Website Metrics to create the visualization dashboards for the Dealers.
- Created KPIs across channel presence, digital media reach and engagement into a single Digital IQ scorecard. Evaluated the score for each dealer, zone, and region and nationally to gauge system performance using the Tableau.
- Created rich graphic visualization/dashboards to enable a fast read on sales and key business drivers and to direct attention to key area.
- Incorporated a regional and national comparative / benchmark metrics to give context to individual performance.
- Online & offline KPIs are included for sales and inventory data through Paid Search and CRM.
- Created a proof of concept for the optimal data integration process.
- Designed high-level view of the current state of dealer operation, leads, and website activity using Tableau.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI’s.
- Created workbooks and Dashboards using calculated metrics for different visualization requirements.
- Drew upon full range of Tableau platform technologies to design and implement proof of concept solutions and create advanced BI visualizations.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 9.2/9.3, Tableau server / Administrator, Hadoop, HDFS, Map Reduce, Hive, Sqoop, UNIX.