- 7+ years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing and Support of Data Warehousing and Data Integration Solutions using Informatica PowerCenter.
- 4+ years of experience in using Informatica PowerCenter.
- 1+ years of experience in Reporting tool COGNOS.
- Proficiency in developing SQL with various relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server.
- Knowledge in Full Life Cycle development of Data Warehousing.
- Have extensively worked in developing ETL program for supporting Data Extraction, transformations and loading using Informatica Power Center.
- Experience with dimensional modeling using star schema and snowflake models.
- Understand the business rules completely based on High Level document specifications and implements the data transformation methodologies.
- Created UNIX shell scripts to run the Informatica workflows and controlling the ETL flow.
- Developed OLAP applications using Cognos 8BI - (Frame Work Manager, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio, and Analysis Studio) and extracted data from the enterprise data warehouse to support the analytical and reporting for Corporate Business Units.
- Strong with relational database design concepts.
- Extensively worked with Informatica performance tuning involving source level, target level and map level bottlenecks.
- Strong business understanding of verticals like Confidential, Brokerage, Confidential, Mutual funds and Pharmaceuticals.
- Independently perform complex troubleshooting, root-cause analysis and solution development.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks, decisive with strong leadership qualities, flexible in work schedules and possess good communication skills.
- Team player, Motivated, able to grasp things quickly with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive technical, oral, written and communicational skills.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, HP-UX
Software / Applications: MS XP, MS, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Database: SQL Server, Oracle
ETL: Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Power Exchange.
Modeling: Framework Manager, Powerplay Transformer
OLAP/BI Tools: Cognos 8 Series
Languages: Java, HTML, XML,SQL, PL/SQL.
Web/Apps Servers: IBM Web Sphere 4x, Sun I Planet Server 6.0., IIS, Tomcat
Tools: TOAD, Visio, Eclipse
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
ETL Informatica Developer
- Developed ETL programs using Informatica to implement the business requirements.
- Communicated with business customers to discuss the issues and requirements.
- Created shell scripts to fine tune the ETL flow of the Informatica workflows.
- Used Informatica file watch events to pole the FTP sites for the external mainframe files.
- Production Support has been done to resolve the ongoing issues and troubleshoot the problems.
- Performance tuning was done at the functional level and map level. Used relational SQL wherever possible to minimize the data transfer over the network.
- Effectively used Informatica parameter files for defining mapping variables, workflow variables, FTP connections and relational connections.
- Involved in Designing of Data Modeling for the Data warehouse.
- Involved in enhancements and maintenance activities of the data warehouse including tuning, modifying of stored procedures for code enhancements.
- Effectively worked in Informatica version-based environment and used deployment groups to migrate the objects.
- Involved in Requirement Gathering and Business Analysis.
- Used debugger in identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing data flow, evaluating transformations.
- Effectively worked on Onsite and Offshore work model.
- Pre and post session assignment variables were used to pass the variable values from one session to other.
- Designed workflows with many sessions with decision, assignment task, event wait, and event raise tasks, used informatica scheduler to schedule jobs.
- Reviewed and analyzed functional requirements, mapping documents, problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Published packages and managed the distribution / setup of the environment.
- Performed unit testing at various levels of the ETL and actively involved in team code reviews.
- Identified problems in existing production data and developed one-time scripts to correct them.
- Fixed the invalid mappings and troubleshoot the technical problems of the database.
Environment: Informatica, SQL Server, R2, HP-UX.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
ETL Informatica Developer
- Involved in all phases of SDLC from requirement gathering, design, development, testing, Production, user training and support for production environment.
- Create new mapping designs using various tools in Informatica Designer like Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapplet Designer and Mapping Designer.
- Used Query Studio for creating Ad-hoc Reports.
- Develop the mappings using needed Transformations in Informatica tool according to technical specifications.
- Created complex mappings that involved implementation of Business Logic to load data in to staging area.
- Developed data Mappings between source systems and warehouse components using Mapping Designer.
- Used Informatica reusability at various levels of development.
- Developed mappings/sessions using Informatica Power Center for data loading.
- Performed data manipulations using various Informatica Transformations like Filter, Expression, Lookup (Connected and Un-Connected), Aggregate, Update Strategy, Normalizer, Joiner, Router, Sorter and Union.
- Worked extensively on different types of transformations like source qualifier, expression, filter, aggregator, rank, update strategy, lookup, stored procedure, sequence generator, joiner, XML.
- Developed Workflows using task developer, Worklet designer and workflow designer in Workflow manager and monitored the results using workflow monitor.
- Building Reports according to user Requirement.
- Extracted data from Oracle and SQL Server then used Teradata for data warehousing.
- Implemented slowly changing dimension methodology for accessing the full history of accounts.
- Write Shell script running workflows in Unix environment.
- Optimizing performance tuning at source, target, mapping and session level.
- Participated in weekly status meetings, and conducting internal and external reviews as well as formal walk through among various teams and documenting the proceedings.
Environment: Informatica, Oracle, SQL Server, HP-UX.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
ETL QA Tester
- Used Informatica Power Center for (ETL) extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems into target database.
- Created mappings using Designer and extracted data from various sources, transformed data according to the requirement.
- Involved in extracting the data from the Flat Files and Relational databases into staging area.
- Mappings, Sessions, Workflows from Development to Test and then to UAT environment.
- Developed Informatica Mappings and Reusable Transformations to facilitate timely Loading of Data of a star schema.
- Developed the Informatica Mappings by usage of Aggregator, SQL overrides usage in Lookups, source filter usage in Source qualifiers, and data flow management into multiple targets using Router.
- Setup folders, groups, users, and permissions and performed Repository administration using Repository Manager.
- Created Sessions and extracted data from various sources, transformed data according to the requirement and loading into data warehouse.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Router and Aggregator to create robust mappings in the Informatica Power Center Designer.
- Imported various heterogeneous files using Informatica Power Center 8.x Source Analyzer.
- Developed several reusable transformations and mapplets that were used in other mappings.
- Prepared Technical Design documents and Test cases.
- Involved in the performance tuning of the Informatica mappings and stored procedures and the sequel queries inside the source qualifier.
- Involved in Unit Testing and Resolution of various Bottlenecks came across.
- Implemented various Performance Tuning techniques.
- Used Teradata as a source system.
Environment: Informatica Power Center, Teradata, Oracle, Windows NT.
ETL QA Tester
- Involved in design, development and maintenance of database for Data warehouse project.
- Involved in Business Users Meetings to understand their requirements.
- Designed, Developed and Supported Extraction, Transformation and Load Process (ETL) for data migration with Informatica.
- Developed various mappings using Mapping Designer and worked with Aggregator, Lookup, Filter, Router, Joiner, Source Qualifier, Expression, Stored Procedure, Sorter and Sequence Generator transformations.
- Involved in the Performance Tuning of Database and Informatica. Improved performance by identifying and rectifying the performance bottle necks.
- Created complex mappings which involved Slowly Changing Dimensions, implementation of Business Logic and capturing the deleted records in the source systems.
- Worked extensively with the connected lookup Transformations using dynamic cache.
- Worked with complex mappings having an average of 15 transformations.
- Created and scheduled Sessions, Jobs based on demand, run on time and run only once.
- Monitored Workflows and Sessions using Workflow Monitor.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration testing and System testing of Informatica mappings.
- Coded PL/SQL scripts.
- Wrote Unix scripts, Perl scripts for the business needs.
- Coded Unix Scripts to capture data from different relational systems to flat files to use them as source file for ETL process.
- Created Universes and generated reports on using Star Schema.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle, UNIX.