- Four plus ( 4 +) years of IT experience in the Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of business application systems for Health care, Pharmaceutical, Financial, Telecom and Manufacturing Sectors.
- Strong Data Warehousing ETL experience of using Informatica 9.1/8.6.1/8.5/8.1/7.1 PowerCenter Client tools - Mapping Designer, Repository manager, Workflow Manager/Monitor and Server tools Informatica Server, Repository Server manager.
- Extensive testing ETL experience using Informatica 9.1/8.6.1/8.58.1/7.1/6.2/5.1 (Power Center/ Power Mart) (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Server Manager) Teradata and Business Objects.
- Strong experience in Dimensional Modeling using Star and Snow Flake Schema, Identifying Facts and Dimensions, Physical and logical data modeling using ERwin and ER-Studio.
- Expertise in working with relational databases such as Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8x, SQL Server 2008/2005, DB2 8.0/7.0, UDB, MS Access and Teradata.
- Strong experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) data from various sources into Data Warehouses and Data Marts using Informatica Power Center (Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Metadata Manger), Power Exchange, Power Connect as ETL tool on Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server Databases.
- Experience in resolving on-going maintenance issues and bug fixes; monitoring Informatica sessions as well as performance tuning of mappings and sessions.
- Experience in all phases of Data warehouse development from requirements gathering for the data warehouse to develop the code, Unit Testing and Documenting.
- Extensive experience in writing UNIX shell scripts and automation of the ETL processes using UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience in using Automation Scheduling tools like Control-M.
- Worked extensively with slowly changing dimensions.
Operating Systems: Windows 2008/2007/2005/ NT/XP, UNIX
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9. 6. 1/8.6/8.5/8.1/7.1 (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository manager and Informatica Server)
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, DB2 v8.1, Teradata.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Shell scripts, C++
Scheduling Tools: Autosys, Control-M
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Responsible for Business Analysis and Requirements Collection.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tools- Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor.
- Parsed high-level design specification to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Designed and customized data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources on real time
- Involved in building the ETL architecture and Source to Target mapping to load data into Data warehouse.
- Created mapping documents to outline data flow from sources to targets.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling (Star Schema) of the Data warehouse and used Erwin to design the business process, dimensions and measured facts.
- Extracted the data from the flat files and other RDBMS databases into staging area and populated onto Data warehouse.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure, and Union to develop robust mappings in the Informatica Designer.
- Developed mapping parameters and variables to support SQL override.
- Developed mappings to load into staging tables and then to Dimensions and Facts.
- Used existing ETL standards to develop these mappings.
- Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed data, and loading into data warehouse.
- Used Type 1 SCD and Type 2 SCD mappings to update slowly Changing Dimension Tables.
- Modified existing mappings for enhancements of new business requirements.
- Used Debugger to test the mappings and fixed the bugs.
- Involved in Performance tuning at source, target, mappings, sessions, and system levels.
- Prepared migration document to move the mappings from development to testing and then to production repositories.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 10 . 2, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Informatica Power Connect / Power Exchange, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g/9i, Autosys, SQL Server 2005, UNIX .
Confidential, Stamford, CTETL/Informatica Developer
- Using Informatica PowerCenter Designer analyzed the source data to Extract & Transform from various source systems(oracle 10g,DB2,SQL server and flat files) by incorporating business rules using different objects and functions that the tool supports.
- Using Informatica PowerCenter created mappings and mapplets to transform the data according to the business rules.
- Used various transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner, Lookup, sql, router, Filter, Expression and Update Strategy.
- Implemented slowly changing dimensions (SCD) for some of the Tables as per user requirement.
- Documented Informatica mappings in Excel spread sheet.
- Tuned the Informatica mappings for optimal load performance.
- Created and Configured Workflows and Sessions to transport the data to target warehouse Oracle tables using Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Worked along with UNIX team for writing UNIX shell scripts to customize the server scheduling jobs.
- Constantly interacted with business users to discuss requirements.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter Designer 9 .6.1, Informatica Repository Manager, Oracle10g/9i,DB2 6.1, Unix , SQL Developer