- 10+years of experience in Data modeling, Database Design, Programming, Development, and Implementation of Client - Server Applications & Database Systems using MS SQL Server.
- 3+ years of experience in developing BI applications utilizing SSRS, Power BIand Tableau.
- Extensive experience with different phases of Software development life cycle (Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, and debugging new and existing clientserver-based applications).
- Extensive experience in DatabaseDesign, Development, Implementation for both OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing) & OLAP Systems (SSRS,SSIS,SSAS) using MSSQL Server 2019/2017/2016/2012/20 a08/2008R2.
- Extensive ETL experience using DTS/SSIS for Data Extractions, transformations, and Load.
- Highly proficient in the use of SQL Server and T-SQL in constructing triggers, tables, user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, RDB models, data dictionaries, and data integrity, SQL joins and query writing.
- Expertise in using Integration Services Catalogs for Project and Package deployments, SQL Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Agent for creating and scheduling jobs, alert and operators, SQL Profiler, restoring database (full, differential, log backups), Import / Export and Copy Database.
- Experience in designing, testing, and maintaining Teradata solutions and created scripts using UNIX shell scripting to execute Teradata utilities.
- Expertise in Teradata Parallel Transporter, SQL, BTEQ, MLoad, Fastload, FastExport.
- Extracted data from Peoplesoft,CIM (centralized identity management), Active Manager and loaded to Oracle and SQL servers using SSIS and created Metrex for the reporting team.
- Developed & supported various mission critical Client Server applications by handling database requests for various application development teams involving complex business logic, functionality.
- Involved indesigning numerous DB Objects like Tables, Constraints(Primary Key, Foreign Key, Unique), Indexes, Defaults, rules.
- Extensive usage of Database diagrams and data modeling tools like Erwin in creating Logical and Physical models, establishing Entity Relations and forward/Reverse engineer to database systems.
- Extensive knowledge on Data Ware Housing concepts such as Dimensional Modelling, Star and Snowflake Schemas.
- Thorough knowledge of addressing Performance Issues and Involved in query tuning, Index tuning, Data Profiling and other database related activities.
- Expertise in Enterprise Reporting in generating reports using linked reports, sub reports and filters, charts using SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS).
- Experience in Extraction & Migration of Data from heterogeneous data sources like Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data, DB2 to MS SQL Server by using Import Export Wizard, DTS SSIS, BCP & Bulk Insert utilities.
- Expertise in designing SQL Server SSIS packages to import and transform data betweendatabases and external data sources.
- Proficient in using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to build Data Integration and Workflow Solutions, Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) solutions for Data warehousing applications.
- Hands on developing slowly changing dimension, partitions, Aggregation, KPI’s, Calculated Columns, Hierarches and processing Cubes using SSAS.
- Having experience in development of Power BI&Tableau dashboards, creating calculated measures, renaming queries and fields, created several DAX calculations to create measures like YTD, QTD, and MTD calculations .
- Well versed with all the stages of Defect Tracking Life Cycle on various Bug tracking tools like Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and JIRA. Also well versed with using the Business User Support tool for ticketing system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and strong analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, Critical and Analytical thinking, interpersonal and communication skills. Team-oriented, technically motivated and creative. User oriented with a desire to learn client's business requirements.
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, C#, .NET, Java Script, UNIX/Shell scripting
SQL Server Tools & Packages: SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Business Intelligence Studio, Query Analyzer, Profiler, Performance Monitor, Database Tuning Wizard, SQL Server Agent, Crystal Reports, ETL
Databases: SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012, Oracle 12c, Oracle 11g, Teradata, MS Access 97/2003/2005/2008
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 , Windows Vista/XP/2003/2000 UNIX, Linux, DOS
Networking: TCP-IP, Network Security, Subnets, VPN, DNS, Routing
BI Tools: SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML, Visual Studio
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr ETL developer
- Worked on Employee System Project in Confidential dealing with the data of all Confidential employees.
- Developed the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to Extract, Transform and Load data to SQL Server 2017 and 2019.
- Interacted with users on a regular basis regarding business requirements, enhancements, and data issues.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimension methodologies to maintain and update historical data corresponding to Dimension tables in the Data warehouse.Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and the server activity.
- Extracted Data from various heterogeneous data sources like Excel, CSV, Oracle, Teradata, Flat File, and Text Format Data and loaded into SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration services (SSIS) tool suite designed and created mappings using various SSIS transformations like OLEDB Command, Conditional Split, Lookup, Aggregator, Multicast and Derived Column transformations.
- Created database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, function, and packages.Designed MS SSIS Packages to extract data from various OLTP sources to MS SQL Server.
- Worked on optimizing the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removing-necessary columns, and eliminate redundant and inconsistent data.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to retrieve data from the database.
- Worked on Migrating SSIS Packages into Pentaho Data Integration 8.3
- Developed high end Power BI reports and dashboards from multiple data sources.
- Designed Power BI data visualization utilizing cross tabs, maps, scatter plots, pie, bar and density charts.
- Built cubes for production application, Partitioned Cubes to decrease the processing time and increase the performance of the queries running on front end application using SSAS.
- Designed and developed views for aggregating and drilling across the fact tables.
- Generating and applying surrogate keys in the Power BI Query Editor.
- Creating calculated measures, renaming queries and fields, created several DAX calculations to create measure like YTD, QTD, and MTD calculations
- Always ensured to eliminate NULL and Blank values on the Dashboards/Reports for the best end user experience.
- Utilized Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources.
- Scheduled the Dashboards at regular intervals to make sure data refresh is up to date.
- Used various visualizations such as Stacked chart, Pie chart, Bar and column charts, cards, KPIs and Map visualizations
- Generate performance indicators (KPI) to locate opportunities of Growth across the Business Units.
- Worked with other departments to support different needs and help them resolve day to day issues related to employee hierarchy, history issues.
Environment: Power BI Desktop & Service, SQL Server 2019 & 2017, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), T-SQL, SSIS, Teradata Client, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), TFS, Git & SQL
Confidential, Redmond, WA
SSIS/Power BI Developer
- Responsible for leading the team and client interaction and requirement gathering.
- Working with multiple Health plan analytics team to identify process improvement areas/automation.
- Successfully handling Corporate Data Analyst role by supporting multiple Health plans.
- Hands on experience on COSMOS DB schemas and maintenance of database, assign roles and managing user permissions.
- Created Clustered and Non-clustered indices for increasing performance at database level.
- Utilized Power Query in Power BI to Pivot and Un-Pivot the data model for data cleansing and data massaging.
- Used various transformations in SSIS like Lookup, Fuzzy grouping and Row Count Transformations.
- Developing and maintain MS SQL SSIS packages and schedule those from SQL Server Agent.
- Developing reports on SSRS on SQL Server (2012/2014). Broad Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP cube and Architecture.
- Explored data in various ways across multiple visualizations using Power BI. Strategic experience in design of experiments, data collection, analysis and visualization.
- Performance tuning on ETL workflows, database objects like procedures, complex queries.
- In depth analysis on data issues to address user queries.
- Designed and developed rich and enhanced web pages using MVC 4.0, WEB API, C #, ADO.NET, Microsoft Azure, Java Script, JSON, Ajax, HTML 5, Angular JS and CSS.
- Created Repositories, Server-side logic, API methods and Rest Full services to retrieve the data from SQL DB and accessing the data according to the requirement.
- Worked with Microsoft Azure.
- Tested the application end-to- end using various testing frameworks (Unit (Service and API)).
- Implemented the project using WEB API, ASP.Net, MVC Visual C# and database as Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot.
- Created effective reports using visualizations such as Bar Chart, Clustered Column Chart, Waterfall Chart, Gauge, Pie Chart, Tree map etc. in Power BI desktop.
- Worked on maintaining and managing Power BI driven reports and dashboards.
- Worked with Power BI mobile app and created mobile layouts to view reports and dashboards effectively.
- Used Microsoft Power BI Power Query to extract data from external sources and modify data to certain format as required in Excel and created SSIS packages to load excel sheets from PC to database.
- Created Calculated Columns and Measures in Power BI and Excel depending on the requirement.
- Created live Dashboards and reports using Power BI and published reports and dashboards.
- Developed custom reports and deployed them on server using Power BI Service
Environment: SQL Server 2019 & 2017, Power BI Desktop & Service,SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), T-SQL, SSIS, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), TFS, Git & SQL
- As a key member of BI team, accomplished successful outcomes by working with SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- Supported the Project Manager in leading multi-functional project teams in implementing data conversion strategies and communicating essential information to team members.
- Trained/guided new or junior developers in certain development areas helped them to understand better the project process.
- Participated in formal and informal training programs to improve technical skills and knowledge of all programmers (e.g., lunch and learns, articles, white papers).
- Solved many critical/challenge issues raised by the team about ETLs.
- Created the optimal logics to load the data that business rules were based on flat file names or ragged hierarchy.
- Created Incremental Load ETL packages using For Each Loops, Sequence Containers, Script Tasks, Conditional Split, Data Conversation, Derived Column, Lookup, Merge/Merge Join, Union all, etc. on BIDS 2008R2/2012.
- Participated in software quality assurance activities, including code reviews and unit system, integration, regression and performance testing.
- Understood and completed necessary documentation for the application/infrastructure change control process.
- Worked closely with businesspeople and analyst team to deeply understand/analyze the requirements of business need and achieved the successful results.
- Developed ETL solutions for integrating data from multiple sources like Flat Files (delimited, fixed width), Excel, SQL Server, Raw File, DB2, Oracle, and SAP into the data warehouse.
- Designed SSIS Packages to extract, transfer, load (ETL) existing data into SQL Server from different environments for the SSAS cubes.
- Developed complex T-SQL Stored Procedures, UDFs, CTEs, Indexed Views, and Staging Tables to process the data and populate them into the appropriate destination tables.
- Built efficient SSIS packages for processing Fact and Dimension tables with complex transforms and type 1/ type 2 changes.
- Administered the maintenance and movement of 835 files through clearinghouse and direct connection.
- Worked with EDP Power Reader to manage 835 files and involved in EDI Medical Claims Analysis, Design, Implementation and Documentation.
- Converted old ETL packages to the new version (did optimization by applying more stored procedures instead of using control flow tasks).
- Worked with the team/architect to create logical/physical modeling and created Cubes (fact, dimensions and calculations).
- Worked and updated to improve complex issues like Error Handling in SSIS for handling Delta load changes.
- Performed debugging, data analysis, and system analysis as required.
- Hands on Creating Parameterized reports, Crosstab reports, drill down reports, Dashboard and Summary reports by using SSRS.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to Data warehouse with SSIS and prepared ETL mapping processes.
- Created local variables and global variables package configurations and error handling.
Environment : MS SQL Server 2005/2008R2, SQL server Reporting Services 2008, SQL Integration Services 2008, SQL server Analysis Services 2008, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel
SQL Server BI Developer
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008 as SSIS Packages.
- Created efficient, robust SSIS packages for data movement and loading with error checking and well documented code.
- Created SSIS Packages to integrate data coming from Text files and Excel files.
- Migrated old data from MS Access into SQL Server 2008 using SSIS Packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Created SSIS packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases.
- Extensively worked with SSIS tool suite, designed and created mappings using various SSIS transformations like OLEDB Command, Conditional Split, Lookup, Aggregator, Multicast and Derived Column. Deployed SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS. Created different Power Pivot reports as per the client requirement.
- Document new SSIS packages and Train Senior Analyst on basic SSIS concepts.
- Verified business requirements and functional specifications. Database Design, Report Requirements, Optimization of queries and Database, Performance Tuning using Index Wizard, SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer.Installed SQL Server Desktop Database and Standard Database.
- Created Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, and Triggers to work consistently with the dynamic databases.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005 Enterprise Edition, Power BI, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS Cubes and Dimensions, Oracle RDBMS SQL, Power Pivot.