- 7+ years of IT experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing of various business applications in Client/Server environments and Data Warehousing solutions.
- Experienced in gathering reporting and analysis requirements, documenting the report specifications, implementing the metadata layers including Physical, Business Model and Mapping, and Presentation layer
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and Software Test Life Cycle and highly proficient in SQA methodologies for Waterfall, Agile
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Cleansing (Scrubbing), Data Validation and Verification, Data Conversion, Data Migrations and Data Mining
- Have solid experience on database query tools such as TOAD, SQL Navigator, and SQL Assistant
- Strong experience in preparing documentation, preparing test environments, executing and analyzing the results
- Involved in testing the batch jobs, using UNIX and Autosys
- Expertise in testing reports using Business objects tool, front - end web user interfaces applications, Client/Server and Web based applications
- Have tested several complex reports generated by Cognos and Business Objects including dashboards, summary reports, master detailed, drill down and score cards
- Expert in using OBIEE Answers to create queries, format views, charts, and add user interactivity and dynamic content to enhance the user experience
- Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Defect Reports, and Weekly Status Reports
- Responsible for defect tracking, defect reporting and defect reproducing
- Experienced in interacting with Clients, Business Analysts, UAT Users and Developers.
- Comfortable in working with fixed length, delimited flat files and also worked with large volume of data in the database/data warehouse
- Involved in the Performance Tuning of the DataStage jobs using different methodologies like configurations of the environment variable file, designing and editing configurations
- Experience in analyzing the error caused to failure of the ETL load with reference to the log file and report them to the corresponding team to get it rectified
- Familiar in working with Quality Center/ ALM to store Business Requirements, Test Cases, Test Runs, and Test Results for every iteration and store defects and link them back to the requirements
- Experience in End-to-End testing of an application/process. Performed backend testing using SQL Queries and UNIX scripting
Confidential - Columbus, OH
- Extensively involved in Developing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Strategies and Test Cases with inputs from the assigned Business Analysts.
- Extensively used ETL methodology in testing for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate-wide-ETL solution using ETL tools like Informatica
- Expertise in writing SQL Statements in database to make sure whether the data is populated in Data Mart/Data warehouse According to Business Rules.
- Written SQL scripts to test the mappings and extensively used Cognos for report generation.
- Extensively tested several Cognos reports for data quality, fonts, headers & cosmetic.
- Involved in testing Cognos Reports and closely worked with operations, and Release teams to resolve the production issues.
- Extensively used Cognos for testing various reports.
- Experience in testing Business Report developed in Cognos.
- Tested the reports generated by OBIEE and verified and validated the reports using SQL.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using SQL and Informatica Data Explorer on various sources systems including Oracle and Teradata.
- Used ETL methodology in testing for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate-wide-ETL solution using ETL tools like Informatica.
- Worked on Autosys for Batch Processing ETL, PL/SQL subprograms and performed backend testing.
- Promoted Unix/Informatica application releases from testing to QA and UAT environments
- Used TOAD Software for Querying ORACLE.
- Tested all OBIEE Dashboards according to the requirement
Environment: Informatica Power center 9.5 (ETL), Cognos (BI), HP Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, QTP, SQL SERVER, Toad for Oracle, ORACLE 10g, Unix, Autosys, Hyperion 8.5, Java, Windows XP.
ETL Data Warehouse Tester
Confidential - Cuyahoga Falls, OH
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Cognos Reports.
- Extensively tested the reports generated in Cognos by writing SQL queries to validate the data on the report and compare with the TPW data.
- Used Agile Test Methods to provide rapid feedback to the developers significantly helping them uncover important risks.
- Written several complex SQL queries & PL/SQL stored procedures for validating Cognos Reports
- Used SQL for Querying the database in Linux environment for testing the business rules imposed on data movement with Informatica ETL tool.
- Used the ETL processes of Informatica tool to load data from MS SQL Server and Oracle, into the target Oracle database.
- Prepared Traceability Matrices to track the requirements with the test cases and make sure none of them have been missed.
- Validated that design meets requirements and function according to technical and functional specifications.
- Used HP Quality Center 9.2 to state requirements, business components, test cases, and test runs for every iteration, defects. Also link defects with requirements.
- Involved in recording change requests on the Change Request Form (Remedy) Participated in meetings.
- Performed all aspects of verification and validation
- Extensively used ETL for testing and supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using Informatica.
- Developed SQL scripts to validate the data loaded into warehouse and Data Mart tables using Informatica.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for testing and supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using Informatica
- Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Cognos
- Written SQL Queries to define, Identify and validate the code written for the data movement into the database tables.
- Involved in testing the Cognos reports by writing complex SQL queries
- Created and executed SQL queries in ORACLE and MS SQL server
- Updated the status of the testing to the QA manager, and accomplished tasked for the assigned work to the Project Management team regularly.
Environment: Cognos 8.x, Informatica 8.1/ 7.1.4 (Power Center Designer, workflow manager, workflow monitor), MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, TOAD 8.0, QTP, SQL, Linux, Netezza, Maestro 8.0 (Tivoli Work Scheduler), Charm, Agile, Remedy, Test Director/Quality Center, Power Connect, PowerAnalyzer4.1
Confidential - Baltimore, MD
- Conducted Functionality, Security Testing
- Participated in reviews, high level design walk through and evaluations of the application at all stages of SDLC.
- Has testing experience in Informatica Power Center and Data stage tool.
- Tested various ETL processes developed using ETL tools like Informatica Power center, Ab Initio and Data stage
- Wrote complex SQL and PL SQL queries for validating Data Stage jobs loading functionalities with available requirement spec and business rules.
- Involved in preparing test data for UAT and participated in UAT signoff
- Managed the testing process, bug reporting, test results, track the progress of the testing, and provide daily status to test lead / project manager.
- Worked on Waterfall, and Agile methodologies
- Logged defects using Quality Center, linked defects with requirements and generated defect reports in Quality Center.
- Tested the various reports like Dashboards, Summary and Drill through reports developed in business objects.
- Created Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on system use-cases and business use-cases.
- Identified various Business and Data Test Scenarios based on Source to Target Mapping and assisted in the preparation of extensive set of validation test case to verify the data.
- Responsible for running ETL loads by running UNIX shell scripts for refreshing databases and data marts.
- Design and maintain the infrastructure for the ETL process, metadata maintenance, and data validation.
- Tested Business Objects reports and Web Intelligence reports.
- Tested reports developed by Business Objects Universes for both Ad hoc & Canned Reporting users of Business Objects XI.
- Experience in testing Business Report developed in Business Objects XIR2.
- Performed migration testing by running SQL queries to check if the data is migrated without any discrepancies from legacy systems to the new systems.
- Tested a number of complex ETL Ab Initio graphs, for initial/ history and daily/weekly/monthly incremental data loads.
- Testing of complicated graphs with various Ab Initio components such as Join, Rollup, Filter by Expression, Round Robin, Merge, Scan and Validate Business requirements.
- Tested a number of complex ETL Ab Initio graphs, for initial and daily data loads.
- Extensively used Ab Initio GDE for mocking data using continuous flow graphs.
- Used Tivoli to schedule and run Ab Initio Jobs and Unix to monitor ETL execution and logs.
- Used SQL queries to analyze and validate data in data warehouse against Source Systems using TOAD.
- Involved in backend testing for the front end of the application using SQL Queries in Teradata data base.
- Worked in AGILE Methodology and used Agile Test Methods to provide rapid feedback to the developers significantly helping them uncover important risks.
Environment: SQL Server, Teradata SQL Assistant, Ab Initio, Teradata, Business Objects, TOAD, Quality Center/ALM, Oracle, Agile, UNIX.