- This position will have direct responsibility for the design, maintenance, and support of Data Warehouse Systems.
- The developer requires a high level of analytical and creative skills and an in - depth knowledge of database structure, data warehouse configuration, methodology, design, and modeling.
- The developer’s typical duties includes but not limited to designing and building data warehouses, designing ETL processes and procedures using tools such as IBM InfoSphere, performing analysis, SQL scripting, Unix Scripting tuning and optimization on very large (multi-terabyte) databases, working with lead application developers to design and develop database objects and structures according to project specifications, addressing data quality issues with users, analyzing organizational data requirements and reviewing/Understanding logical and physical Data Flow Diagrams and Entity Relationship Diagrams using tools such as Visio and Erwin.
- Must be able to work with and within a cross-functional development, QA and production team.
- Very Strong experience with IBM Data Stage
- 5+ years of experience in IT
- 5+ years as a Data Integration practitioner
- 3+ years of solid hands-on experience in using IBM DataStage
- Understand DataStage clustering architecture and parallel jobs
- Intimate knowledge in combine/sort/aggregate/transform data
- Able to create reusable objects and job templates
- Schedule, compile, and run DataStage jobs efficiently
- 1+ year of solid hands-on experiences in using XML stage
- Intimate knowledge in interpreting/manipulating XML document
- 3+ years in UNIX scripting, FTP and basic network principles
- 3+ years skills in database and data warehouse design principles
- 3+ years of SQL Coding and querying skills
- 3+ years of experience in testing, debugging skills and troubleshooting support and development issues
- Experience with version 8.5 (QualityStage/DataStage)
- Experienced in application development
- Data modeling experience Creates clear and concise documentation, produces source to target maps, understands and validates metrics
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects & prioritize correctly
- Experience in providing onsite support
- Customer focused and work well in a team environment
- Proactive and self-managed to achieve deliverables
- Demonstrate strong analytical/problem solving skills
- On-site consulting experience at customer locations
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write consistent, clear and accurate documentation