- IT Professional with 5 years experience in Data modeling, Data warehouse Design, Development, Testing and Data Migration life cycle ETL(Extract Transform Load) using IBM InfoSphere DataStage 11.x/9.1/8.1
- Experience in building Operational Data Store (ODS), Data Marts, and Decision Support Systems (DSS) using Multidimensional Model(Kimball and Inmon),Star and Snowflake schema design.
- Experience in analyzing the data generated by the business process, defining the granularity, source to target mapping of the data elements, creating Aggregate tables for the data warehouse design and development.
- Experience in all phases of the development lifecycle, coherent with Data Cleansing, Data Conversion, Performance Tuning and Regression Testing.
- Experience in using highly scalable parallel processing Infrastructure using DataStage Parallel Extender.
- Experience in Mapping Server/parallel Jobs in DataStage to populate tables in Data warehouse and Data marts.
- Experience in creatingTest Readiness Review(TRR), Requirement Traceability Matrix(RTM)documents.
- Experience in preparingTest Strategy, developingTest Plan, Detailed Test Cases, writingTest Scriptsby decomposing Business Requirements, and developingTest Scenariosto support quality deliverables.
- Experience inAutomationusingMercury Interactive Toolssuch asWin Runner, QTP, Load Runner and Test Director.
- Experience in Reports testing in Crystal Reports XI Environment.
- Experience in UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Experience in different Scheduling tools like Control - M for automating and scheduling jobs run.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team and individually with excellent interpersonal, technical and communication skills.
ETL Tools: IBM Information Server V 11.x/9.x/8.x(DataStage, QualityStage, Information Analyzer), Talend RTX 4.1 Ascential DataStage V7.x (Designer, Director, Manager, Parallel Extender).
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12g, Toad 11.6, MS SQL Server 2005/2008,2010 IBM DB2 UDB Netezza7.x
Programming languages: Testing Tools
Bug Reporting: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, C, C++.
WinRunner 8.2, QTP9.2, Load Runner: Mercury Test Director 8.0, Rational Clear Quest, Star, CVS, HP Quality Center11.00, and Bugzilla
Business Analysis/Data Analysis: Functional Requirements Gathering, Business Requirements Gathering, Process Flow Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, MS Project, MS Access, MS Office, Visio.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/ NT/ XP/2000, UNIX.
- Worked extensively on IBM DataStage 11.5
- Analyze and Review Acceptance Criteria for each assigned task's to satisfy the business objectives
- Involved in creating ETL jobs to load the data from DB2 to Oracle as per business needs.
- Worked on developing XML, Sequential input and output files to load data for Operational and Analytical use.
- Involved in design, development, unit testing and production deployment of ETL jobs using DataStage 11.5
- Used DataStage stages namely Flat File, XML File, Lookup, Join, Change Funnel, Transformer to develop complex ETL jobs.
- Participated in various discussions to understand, evaluate and provide alternate technical solutions for the Implementation of the Interfaces.
- Provided Knowledge sharing and developing DataStage jobs with the team.
- Migrated projects/jobs from development to QA to Production environments.
- Performed the Integration and System testing on the ETL application.
- Created all necessary documents like Migration form, Implementation form etc. to deploy the code to higher environments.
- Scheduled ETL jobs using Active Batch System.
Environment: Information Server V11.5, Toad 11.6, Oracle11g, DB2,UNIX Shell Scripts, Windows Server 2012.
DataStage ETL Tester
- Worked with Business Analysts to define Acceptance Criteria for each assigned task's to satisfy the business objectives.
- Involved in analyzing Data sources and identify daily/weekly/monthly/yearly operational transactions.
- Analyzed data source inventory such as Catalog for HA/Not HA (Highly available) as per business requirement.
- Undergone IBM Agile Training and Implemented Agile Methodology for some of the Finance Interfaces.
- Wrote user stories, defined and estimated tasks for the Interface implementing Agile and using RTC (Rational Team Concert), which provides seamless integrations for application life cycle management.
- Modified existing ETL jobs to enhance performance and add new functionality to support business needs.
- Worked on development of new ETL jobs to load data for Operational use and Analytical use.
- Involved in design, development, unit testing and production deployment of ETL jobs in Datastage 9.1.
- Used DataStage stages namely Sequential File, Lookup, Join, Change Data Capture, Dataset Stage, Funnel, Transformer, Column Export and Row Generator to develop complex ETL jobs.
- Developed job sequencer with proper job dependencies, job control and triggers using stages like User Activity Variables, Job Activity, Execute Command, Loop Activity and Terminate.
- Developed Unix scripts, to perform multifarious data processing tasks and automation.
- Developed Server jobs using Folder Stage, Basic Transformer, Sequential File stages.
- Created Parameter sets and Value sets to run jobs in different environment and also for different sources having common business requirements.
- Implemented Before and After job routines in job properties to make them reusable.
- Scheduled ETL job by setting up Control-M Scheduler using BMC Automation controller for different load frequency.
- Used FTP tools such as Core FTP to retrieve the log files and the target files created on the UNIX server.
- Worked with data modeler to create tables as per business requirement.
- Involved in code review with Development/production support team.
- Involved with SPSS team to generate the alerts and load monthly data.
- Involved in Release plan and discussions on Exit Criteria with the project team.
- Prepared design documents as per the changes due to defects and change requests.
- Monitoring and assigning task to offshore developers.
Environment: Information Server Datastage 9.1, Netezza 7.2, Oracle11g/12g, SPSS, AIX UNIX, Windows 2007,Control-M.