- 7+ years of professional experience in data analysis, data modeling, design, development and implementation of OLTP, Data Warehouse & Business intelligence
- Extensive business domain experience in Finance, Banking, Accounting, Hospitality and Insurance.
- Hands on experience in all phases of Data Modeling - Conceptual, Logical and Physical modeling.
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data warehousing, data mining, large-scale data modeling, business Intelligence, data sharing techniques across enterprise systems, system analysis, business requirements gathering/analysis and experienced in implementing enterprise data management procedures
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping and data profiling tools.
- Experience in working with industry standard analysis techniques to uncover client requirements and identifying the roles and deliverables in the Organization by creating Use Case Models, Data Flow Models.
- Workflow Analysis, Functional decomposition Analysis, Object Modeling along with Activity Diagrams.
- Expertise in interacting with stakeholders, gathering requirements through interviews, workshops, and existing system documentation or procedures, defining business processes, identifying and analyzing risks using appropriate templates and analysis tools.
- Experience on various Software Development Life Cycles including Analysis, Design, Development and
- Experience with Business Process Modeling, Process Flow Modeling, Data flow modeling
- Experience in implementing Data warehousing solutions involving Dimension modeling and Snowflake schema implementation (3 NF).
- Excellent experience in Extract, Transfer and Load process using ETL tools like Data Stage, Informatica, Data Integrator and SQL Server Integration Services for Data migration and Data Warehousing projects.
- Experience in preparing project cutover plan, test plan with test cases for unit test, regression test and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Strong experience providing support during User Acceptance Testing.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic, .NET, HTML
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, MS-DOS
Modeling Tools: Erwin Data Modeler, Power Designer, ER/Studio
Microsoft Visio: Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, OBIEE, Microsoft Reporting Services, Cognos
ETL Tools Informatica, Abinitio: Other Tool: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Project 2003
MDM Tools Ebx5: Relational Databases: MS Sql, Access, Oracle, Teradata, and Netezza
Confidential, Tampa Florida
Senior Data Modeler
- Analyzed, compared and recommended blue print for consolidating the various Data warehouses, Data Marts, Operational Data Stores and associated front-end technologies.
- Responsible for all activities related to the logical architecture of data and metadata.
- Provided Data models in Teradata and Netezza environments.
- Identified several attributes and the relationships between the tables.
- Defined the data types and definitions for the fields to best explain its usage in the business.
- Conducted several meetings with Business Analyst, SME’s and ETL developers to come up with best-fit models.
- Translated business requirements into logical and Physical data models with business rules.
- Understood the business logic, identified the key fields to come up with a design for warehouse.
- Maintained Metadata in a data dictionary.
- Research and documented data quality issues and potential resolutions.
- Created and maintained documentation of data models, referential integrity, and ETL mappings.
- Conducted meetings to walk through data model and explained business rules and mappings
- Maintained naming standard file and data modeling templates for consistency
- Involved in analyzing data quality issues and performance tuning.
- Worked closely with stakeholders, SMEs throughout the course of the project
- Also worked as a data steward and release manager.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Teradata 13.0, Erwin8.X, Windows, MS office, Visio, Informatica, SharePoint, OBIEE, Autosys, XML, SQL Plus, PL/SQL, SQL, Shell Scripts
Confidential - Torrance, CA
Senior Data Modeler/ Data Analyst
- Supported multiple OLTP / transactional and data warehousing development projects.
- Analyzed and reviewed functional specifications and requirements to determine best data design approach and translate business requirements into data models.
- Involved in requirements gathering activities and JAD sessions to determine, analyze, and document business processes and fundamentals, and strategic data needs.
- Supported data conversion activities and coordinated the resolution of conversion and data migration issues.
- Created and maintained Data Dictionary and pursued to reach consensus.
- Extensive PL/SQL querying on Staging, Data warehouse and Data Marts.
- Ensured Error logs and audit tables are generated and populated properly
- Performed UAT and Regression Testing.
- Involved in Troubleshooting, resolving and escalating data related issues and validating data to improve data quality.
- Tracking and reporting the issues to project team and management during test cycles.
- Updating and maintaining existing test Matrix and test cases based on code changes and enhancements to assigned applications.
- Contribute in the development of knowledge transfer documentation
- Conducted data profiling to insure that the available data could support business needs.Worked with the developers on resolving the reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Managed Change Requests by following Change Request Management process for the project.
- Involved in preparing a simple and detailed User Guide and Training Manual for the application and for an intended novice user.
Environment: Erwin 8.X, MS Access, Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2008, UNIX, MS Visio, PL/SQl
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Data modeler/Data Analyst
- Involved in gathering business requirements and translated business requirements.
- Actively participated inJAD sessionswith the subject matter expert, stake holders and other management team in the finalization of User Requirement Documentation.
- Created the DDL scripts using ER Studio and source to target mappings (S2T- for ETL) to bring the data from JDE to the warehouse.
- Experience in identifying entities required and the relation between the entities to create Conceptual logical model.
- Worked on JCL to instruct the system on run a batch job and to start a subsystem.
- Efficiently developed theData model and ERD diagrams using Power designer.
- Created and maintained Logical Data Model (LDM) for the project which includes documentation of all entities, attributes, data relationships, primary and foreign key structures, allowed values, codes, business rules, glossary terms, etc.
- Validated and updated the appropriate LDM's to process mappings, screen designs, use cases, business object model, and system object model as they evolve and change.
- Creating of the XML data model for the Express PA project for the Rules engine and providing the model in .XSD format for the services team.
- Creating the mapping documents to the find out the gaps between the mockup screens, services and database.
- Identifying the gaps and fills those gaps in the database by communicating with DBA.
- Enhancing the existing data model by reverse engineering by adding new tables based on the business requirements which will enhance in web services.
- Identifying the required fields for the Drug and Coverage check web services in the database and understanding initial data loading Process.
- Creatinglogical and physical model databaseandschema in oracle.
- Reverse engineering existing database to conduct source data analysis to identify the relationship between data sources.
- Worked with DBA to finalize the DDL’s.
- Worked on rationalizing the requirements across multiple product lines.
- Had brain storming sessions with application developers and DBAs to discuss about various denormalization, partitioning and indexing schemes for physical model.
- Schema Replication for development purpose using Power designer.
- Creating of the database scripts using Power designer and submitting to the DBA.
- Normalizing the Data and Developing the Relational database for the different web services and database.
Environment: Erwin 7.X, ER Studio, Informatica 8.X, Teradata, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 9I, DB2.
Software Application Developer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reviewed the stored procedures developed by team members in Microsoft SQL Server to create the ETL functionality.
- Developed common stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Server that are used as templates to perform the Transform & Load functionality.
- Extracted data from Flat Files and XML, applied business logic to load them in the central Microsoft SQL Server database.
- Worked extensively on Informatica transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Filter, Router, Aggregator, Lookup, Update Strategy, Stored Procedure and Sequence generator, Joiner, Union and Normalizer.
- Developed complex mappings and mapplets in Informatica to load the data using different transformations.
- Performed Optimization at both the Mapping Level and Session Level.
- Used Debugger making use of Breakpoints to monitor data movement and troubleshoot the mappings.
- Implemented Error Processing for Informatica Mappings and Workflows.
- Effectively documented all Development work done.
- Extensively worked in the performance tuning of programs, ETL procedures and processes.
- Successfully moved the Sessions and Batches from the development to production environment.
- Extensively used PL/SQL Procedures/Functions to build business rules.
- Autosys jobs were developed to run Informatica workflows from UNIX.
- Reviewing the ETL process design & ETL design documents with the business analysts, end users, data quality team and enterprise test team.
- Interacting with client in weekly meetings, status meetings.