- An ISTQB Certified Software Professional with around 9 Years of Expertise in Software Development & Quality Assurance.
- Expertise in working as ETL & Business Intelligence Architect, QA/Test Lead and Individual contributor.
- Strong 5 years of experience in Development and Testing Reporting tools: BI, Crystal Reports, and Cognos Reports 10 & 11 (Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Cubes, Dimensions & Facts, Framework manager, Transformer, Dashboard Reports, Security and Dispatcher services)
- Strong complex reporting skills - complex Drill-Through, Discontinuous Cross-Tabs, Summary Reports, Burst Reports, Creating datasource connections and Cognos Administration.
- Extensively usedFramework Manager,Query StudioandReport Studioformodel design,ad-hocreporting andadvancedreport authoring.
- Strong understanding of dimensional modeling of Star Schemas, Snow-Flake Schemas Methodologies for building enterprise data warehouses.
- Reports Migration experience from Cognos 10 to Cognos 11.
- Strong 5 years of experience in ETL/DataWarehouse, ODS, Data Mart Development and Unit testing with Data stage 11 and Informatica tool with different platforms.
- Excellent Experience in Designing, Developing, Documenting, Testing of ETL jobs and mappings in Server and Parallel jobs using Data Stage to populate tables in Data Warehouse and Data marts.
- Proficient in developing strategies for Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mechanism.
- Proven track record in troubleshooting of Data Stage jobs and addressing production issues like performance tuning and enhancement.
- Excellent Vendor management skills. Skilled expertise in managing both Onsite and Offshore resources.
- Expertise in setting up Test Center of Excellence & Test Shared Services Utilities.
- Expertise in Direct Interaction with Clients, leading large scale projects, managing multiple teams and coordination in Onshore Offshore Model.
- Leveraged budgeting expertise to efficiently manage test bed build out and maintenance. Adopted virtualization as a needed process that reduced equipment costs.
- Led process improvement projects to reduce test times, integrate new tools and manage key tasks
- Established, implemented, and improved QA infrastructure; test procedures, process, and quality standards in accordance with overall development and product releases.
- Managed Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) to build team and enhance PLC (Product Life-cycle) & SDLC (Software Development Life-cycle) adherence.
- Experience in leading, planning, estimation, execution and tracking of Large Scale testing projects.
- Experience in mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
- Expert in Risk Analysis and Contingency Plans.
- Having experience in Insurance Underwriting and Claims Applications, Debit and credit card Testing.
- Having hand on experience JIRA, HP ALM (Quality Center), Rally, PMF.
- Hand on Experience in Preparing Test Plan and Test Strategy documents. FTE Efforts estimation. Involved in all end to end STLC and SDLC phases.
- Proficient in writing SQL Queries involving complex join conditions. Donedatabase Testing, data integrity validation.
- Strong Domain expertise in BFSI, Health Care, e-Commerce, Retail industry,Travel Domain(Hotels & Resorts) and expert on Quality Assurance and Project Management.
- Cognos Analytics & BI
- Data Stage
- ETL Testing
- Test Plan & Test Strategy
- Test Management
- Quality Assurance
- Mobile Apps Testing
- Web services Testing
- Pega testing
- Oracle RAC
- Functional & Integration Testing
- Performance Testing
- Requirement Analysis
- Waterfall Model
- Agile (Scrum & Kanban)
- Excel Macros
- Process Improvement
- New Relic
- Macess & Xceleys
- IBM Life Cycle Manager
- Application Manager
- BFSI & Healthcare Domain
- e-commerce Domain
- Cloud Testing
- Motio PI
- ITSM & Service Now
- System & UAT Testing
Cognos & ETL Consultant
Confidential, Arizona, USA
- Bestwestern International has number of Cognos Report and ETL Jobs which are related to their Hotel Reservations, Rewards, Revenue Management and their hotel management across globe.
- They are in progress of migrating those reports from 10.2 to latest version of Cognos Analytics 11.0 and Datamanager ETL Jobs to Datastage ETL Jobs.
- Migrating Reports and ETL Jobs and perform unit testing on these reports Cognos Reports and ETL Jobs.
- And Creation on Property Dashboard Reports and Cube based reports with Framework Manager. Converting 100+ Excel based reports to efficient Cognos Report studio and Analysis studio reports and Perform report Automation.
Cognos & ETL Consultant
- Perform detailed analysis on the requirement and create User stories in rally
- Responsible for Requirement analysis, Planning, Effort Estimation, Resource Planning, development & Unit Testing of Cognos Reports (Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Cubes, Dimensions) & ETL Jobs with Datastage 11
- Involved in Data warehouse and Data Mart development and testing
- Handling 12 Members Team (in offshore).
- Task Allocation to Team members
- Effective Coordination between clients and offshore team, ensured deliverables are accurately reached on daily basis.
- Requirement Traceability Preparation with ALM and Rally.
- Created, maintained and update ETL Test Scripts and Data validations.
- Involved in end to end Report Testing and Regression testing using the Iterative methodologies based on the Test Scenarios and detailed Test Cases.
- Effective and Timely Coordination with Offshore counterparts & Clients and sending the Daily Status Reports.
- Ensure Agile Kanban dashboard is updated correctly based on resource expected and actual hours.
- Test Summary Report Preparation.
- Root Cause Analysis document preparation
Test Lead /ETL developer & Tester
Confidential and SIGMA
- Confidential is a web-enabled, collaborative system that allows the requesting, issuing and reinsurance servicing offices to exchange information needs for underlying policies to support multinational programs. Confidential is a Global administration application for the Requesting Office (RO), Issuing Office (IO), and the Reinsurance Service Office (RISO) for successful execution of a multinational insurance program.
- Sigma application is used for generating reports. Reports are generated based on the business user needs. Data in the Confidential application gets loaded in the pega database .BIX tool is used to load the data from the pega database to landing area. From landing area, data is transformed to staging. From staging data gets transferred to target or mart. Oracle 10g is target db. Cognos reports are generated from the target oracle 10g database.Sigma application concentrates on creating data warehouse which enable the business user to pick specific information from the Confidential application based on the business rules. Cognos tool is used to fetch data from the warehouse to generate the reports for decision making purpose.
Pega Testing, Database & ETL Development & Testing
- Handled 20 Members Team across multiple projects. Effort Estimation, Task Allocation to Team members Responsible for Test Planning, Test Estimation development of test, create test data and conducting functional & Automation test with Selenium Webdriver on software system and creating result analysis report. Resource Planning and Effort Estimation for all types of requirements (Functional & ETL) MOM Preparation and publishing Develop and unti test ETL jobs created with Informatica Preparing testing deliverables like Traceability matrix, Test scenarios & Test Cases Involved in end to end Functional Testing and Regression testing using the Iterative methodologies based on the Test Scenarios and detailed Test Cases.
- Involved in Data warehouse testing and Cognos report testing (Query Studio) Test Summary Report Preparation Root Cause Analysis document preparation Effective and Timely Coordination with Onsite counterparts & Clients and sending the Daily Status Reports Test Metrics Preparation
Database & ETL Testing
- Analysis of ETL design documents in Jira Preparation of ETL and Database Test scripts for complex requirements Performed Smoke Testing (Build Verification testing) to verify stability of the build and show stopper. Performed UAT Testing for Client Involved Integration Testing across different complex modules.
- System Test cases and Test Scenario Design and Test Execution with Jira Weekly Conference calls with Clients regarding module status Performed XML Testing with SOAP UI and verify Request and Response. Involved in Regression & Retesting in every release Involved in Complete Defect life cycle in Jira. Requirement Traceability Matrix Preparation and ensure all the requirements are covered. Review Report Preparation and submit the same stakeholders. Reviewing Peer Test Scripts and Test Scenarios
Functional Testing & System Testing
- Analysis of Functional design documents in Jira Performed Functional and Database Testing and updated Test execution status
- Performed Integration Testing and End to End Testing to make sure complete modules are tested
- System Test cases and Test Scenario Design and Test Execution with Jira
- Conducted Weekly Conference calls with Clients regarding module status XML Testing
- Performed Regression & Retesting
- Defect life cycle performed with Jira
- Requirement Traceability Matrix Preparation to ensure all Requirements are tested.
- Review Report Preparation and publish to stake holders
- Reviewing Peer Test Scripts and Test Scenarios and raise review comments
Manual & Automation Tester
- i.Patient Manager is a Health Care & Life Science Product Which Comprises of Complete Hospital Management from End to End Process which hold best Features like Acute Care, Patient Management, Clinician Management, Theatre Management, Accident and Emergency Management, Ward Management, Billing Management, Pharmaceutical etc in a single application.
- Understanding Business Requirements for the enhancements Member of Scrum Team (Agile Methodology) Demonstration of Product/module to client in Video call (Sprint Demo’s) System Test cases and Test Scenario Design and Test Execution (in Test Manager) Defect logging RTM Preparation Review Report Preparation Reviewing Peer Test Scripts and Test Scenarios Regression Test Case Execution of test scripts using QTP
Test Manager,iAssist,VSTS,Toad,3M Code Definder, QTP
- Client Appreciation for setting up effective Onshore offshore model.
- Client appreciation for handling critical modules and providing end to end delivery ensuring high Quality in testing services.
- Received Pat on the Back award for the excellence and commitment in the project and consistently maintaining no defect leakage in all releases handled.
- Received appreciation and award for being part of Audit team and contributed for CMMI Level 3 certification.
- Received Client Appreciation on effective dashboard preparation and reporting details.
- Received Spot award for excellent client demo and identifying critical business impacting defects in applications.
- Received Mahir award for maintaining high productivity (test cases preparation) and high quality in application.