- Around 4 years of experience and expertise in Design, Development and Implementation of Data Warehouse and its applications
- Involved in the entire life cycle of Data warehouse design, development and Implementation
- Designed, constructed, maintained and documented Data Warehouses using Informatica PowerCenter/IDQ/Informatica Developer/Informatica Analyst/SSIS
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and Dimensional modeling like Star Schema and Snowflake Schema
- Good knowledge in analyzing the architectures (Inmon and Ralph Kimball)
- Working knowledge on different data sources ranging from Flat files, Excel, Oracle, SQL Server, UDB DB2 databases, Sybase IQ, XML, and VSAM files
- Proficient in various databases like Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8.x, UDB DB2, MS SQL Server 2008/7.0/6.5 and strong knowledge of database programming using SQL, PL/SQL.
- Excellent knowledge of UNIX environments and have good knowledge of UNIX Shell scripting
- Reviewed functional designs, technical designs, code reviews, test strategies, and implementation plans.
- Created test strategy documents for System, Integration, Regression testing and Unit test case documents.
- Involved extensively in System, Regression, Integration, and UAT testing.
- Working experience of Lean & Agile Strategy and Scrum Methodology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team organizing skills
- Excellent Analytical & Programming skills
ETL tools: Informatica PowerCenter 9.x/8.x, IDQ 9.1.0
OLAP Tools: Business Objects XI R2, SAP Business Objects 4.0
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MS SQL server 2008/7.x/6.x, Sybase, UDB DB2 11.x
Scripting: UNIX shell scripting
Procedural language: PL/SQL
Operating Systems: Windows NT/9x/2000/XP, UNIX, LINUX, SOLARIS, MS - DOS
Other Tools: TOAD, SQL Navigator, Control-M, Tidal, PVCS, Autosys
Confidential, Louisville, Kentucky
- Analyze the Client requirements, understand the business process and coordinate with the Business Analyst/Architect/Project lead and prepare ETL design doc
- Maintain Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs) and ETL Technical Specs or lower level design documents for all the source applications
- Developed slowly changing dimensional mappings for Type 2 dimensions.
- After the code was developed SQLs were sent to DBA reviews and made the necessary changes to finalize SQLs and Overrides.
Environment: Informatica Powercenter 9.6.1, SQL Server 2008, UDB DB2,Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008 Management Studio, TOAD 5.0.2, Control-M, HP Quality Center, SAP Business Objects 4.1
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Analyze the Client requirements, understand the business process and coordinate with the Business Analyst/Architect/Team lead and prepare ETL design document.
- Involved in designing and developing logical & physical data models to support strategic business decisions using Erwin 4.1
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD-1 and SCD-2) for loading the dimension tables.
Environment: Informatica Powercenter 9.6, DB2 UDB 10.5, Oracle 11g, DB Visualizer Personal .*, Visual Explain Version 8, Hummingbird Neighborhood Version 10.0.0.0, Unix Solaris 8, DB2 Command Center, SQL Navigator 7, Business Objects XI Release 2, Autosys 11.0, Erwin