- Competent IT Professional with 4+ years of extensive experience in Tableau, Business Intelligence, Confidential SQL and ETL Developer.
- Expertise in Tableau BI reporting tools Tableau Dashboards Developments & Server Administration.
- Involved in reports development using reporting tools like Tableau and Crystal reports.
- Created dashboards and Scorecards like analytical and operational reports.
- Very good experience in Designing, building, publishing data analysis reports/dashboards for large volumes of data.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Administration Tool for Configuration, adding users, managing licenses and data connections.
- Experience gathering customer requirements, writing test cases and partnering with developers to ensure full understanding of internal/external customer needs.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- In - depth knowledge on various versions of Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, and complex joins for generating Complex Store Procedures, User-defined Functions, Views, Cursors and Triggers.
- Worked extensively on creating complex queries including correlated queries and queries with complex joins involving multiple tables and aggregate functions.
- Experience in creating and implementing interactive charts, graphs, and other user interface elements.
- Developed best practices guide for Tableau implementation using Tableau and Tableau server online.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie-Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Created Customized and interactive dashboards using multiple data sources.
- Perform migration and deployment of dashboards across multiple Tableau servers.
- Good Experience in Creating and Scheduling Jobs for SQL Server Database and SSIS packages using SQL Agent.
- Worked on building queries to retrieve data into Tableau from SQL
- Designed and developed reports such as Drill down, Drill Through using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expertise in designing and creating various analytical reports and Automated Dashboards to help users to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich, thoughtful visualization & Visual Analytics using Tableau.
- Technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals. & Used excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generate Tableau adhoc reports.
- Strong development experience and debugging skills.
- Trouble Shooting, Performance tuning of and resolving issues within Tableau reports and dashboards.
- Experience in various User Experience (UX) fundamentals - Requirement Analysis, User Profiling/Grouping, Personas, Task Analysis, Wireframes, Prototyping, Usability Testing.
- Involved in Trouble Shooting, Performance tuning SQL Server and resolving issues within Tableau Server and Reports.
- Experienced in developing complex reports using Crystal Reports Enterprise having Parameter/Formula Fields and Selection Formulas, Grouping and Sub reports.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and administration of Tableau Server in a multi-server and multi- tier environment.
- Outstanding knowledge in Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio).
- Familiar with Agile development process.
- Understanding of analytical and problem-solving skills, capable of learning new technologies quickly.
Data Modeling Tools: Star Schema Modeling, Snow Flake Modeling
Data Warehousing ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 8 .X,7.X, Talend 4.2.x/5.1.2, Data Cleaner 2.2
Databases: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000/7.0 , SYBASE, MYSQL, Oracle, Hadoop
Database Tools: Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Data Transformation Services, Crystal Reports 9.0 /10
Languages: PL/SQL, SQL, Java, C
Web Tools: HTML, DHTML, XML, JAVA SCRIPT
Operating Systems: Linux, Microsoft 2003/2000/ NT/98/95
Others: MS Word, Excel, VISIO 2007, OBIEE 10.1.3x/11g
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Responsible for gathering/refining requirements from the customer for developing reports in Tableau. Collaborate with business leadership to identify potential areas of analysis.
- Develop, Organize, manage and maintain graphs, tables and document templates for the efficient creation of reports.
- Created Web reports using custom SQL queries and converted them to tableau dashboards for advanced visualizations.
- Created sheet selector to accommodate multiple chart types like Panel charts, Bullet charts and Stack bars etc. in a single dashboard by using parameters.
- Generated Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters and sets to handle views more efficiently.
- Displayed multiple measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
- Effectively used data blending feature in Tableau to combine the data from different sources like Adobe marketing cloud into a single report.
- Worked closely with end users in identifying and implementing right set of business criteria to convert raw data into meaningful information.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development. Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Worked on understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles and practices.
- Found efficient ways to make tables and graphs that were visually easy to understand and at the same time maintaining the accuracy of the core information content.
- Used SQL queries at the custom SQL level to pull the data in Tableau desktop and validated the results in Tableau by running SQL queries in Teradata SQL Assistant.
- Published the developed dashboards into production and ensured the data was up to date by scheduling extract refreshes, performed performance tuning of the dashboard and created Tableau functional design document.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources form Excel/ Confidential SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects within Tableau Desktop. Participated in the retrospective meetings and next sprint planning meetings.
Environment: Tableau(Desktop/Server), MS SQL Server 2012/2008, UNIX, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). TableauDesktop 10.2/9.3,Tableauserver 10.x/9.x.etc
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Gathered requirements from end users, involved in modifying various technical & functional specifications.
- Designed and Developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like, to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Involved in new KPI generation for Scorecards.
- Assisted in installation and upgrading of Tableau server and server performance tuning for optimization.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Extracted large data to Tableau from Amazon RedShift to analyze, visualize and share information.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Data collection and leveraging on data manipulation teams for required data.
- Identify new metrics and enhance the existing KPI's & Filtering Views in the dashboards Using Java script API.
- Preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- Understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and LOB.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data for when sources are published or extracted to server.
- Proof-read all documents and maintain accuracy of information and preparing SOP.
- Responsible for Developing a Dashboard and preparing Ad-hoc Reporting.
Environment: TableauDesktop 10.2/9.3,Tableauserver 10.x/9.x, 8.1-8.2, SQL 2008, Confidential 10g, PL/SQL, T-SQL Microsoft Excel 2007, MS Access, Windows 2007 server, Microsoft office 2007, Business objects 4.0, Amazon RedShift
- Development of Tableau Visualizations and Stories in Tableau Desktop. Documenting Business requirements and plans for creating dashboards.
- Experience in designing complex Tableau report packages and story publishing them on the Tableau Server.
- Designed report that depicts top performers of the total client list in quadrant graph.
- Designed Status Requestor Dashboard that provides status of specific request from end client which provides them tracking ability of their ad-hoc report requests.
- Developing Cohort Analysis of claims data to estimate cost avoidance charges by connecting through virtual visit's programs.
- Developing KPI's dashboard package to depict success of MD live program for the client.
- Developed account specific reporting packages for client's customers to track their spending on employee insurance.
- Developed client accounts specific reports.
- Enhancement of existing reports to improve performance by modifying the SQL code used in extraction of data.
- Involved in design requirement meeting with clients and internal employees.
- Development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) Dashboards that provides internal employee productivity of specific period.
- Working with Level of Details Expressions (LOD's) and Regular Expressions.
- Migrating reports from standard reporting tools like Excel to Tableau.
- Migrating all the reports from tableau 8.3 to tableau 9.2 and publishing them on the server
Environment: Tableauserver 8.1-8.2, SQL Server 2008, SQL Assistant, Microsoft SQL Server Services (SSIS, SSRS).
- Developed Tableau Dashboards for app usage data based on login time status, usage of pay bill capability, and transfer money to get better understanding of future enhancements.
- Involved in end-to-end implementation and enhancements on Mobile Banking App data starting from requirement gathering and dashboards development in Tableau Desktop.
- Studied and analyzed similar applications and brainstormed with business team to gather effective requirements for the system along with dashboard development.
- Created numerous dashboards in Tableau Desktop based on the data collected from Mobile Banking App by importing and blending data from MS Excel and CSV files along with Confidential SQL Server Databases.
- Developed Geo/Area Maps to show details on which states are most connected using the App vs. the least states.
- Created Bar Charts which is complied with data sets and added trend lines and forecasting on future usage of the Mobile App.
- Created Crosstab's to display underlying data based on various graphs and charts created for further data analysis.
- Worked with the design and development of end user applications for the data presentation and analytics, including dashboards, reports and graphic presentation.
- Performed data analysis on daily, weekly, and monthly scheduled refresh of data based on that business or system change to ensure that the published dashboards are displaying accurate and up-to-date information.
- Participated in weekly meetings, reviews, and user group meeting as well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups.
Environment: TableauDesktop,TableauServer, Confidential SQL Server, MS Excel, CSV, Win Server 2008 R2, Active Directory.