- Over 8+ years of experience in ETL mechanisms using IBM DataStage 11.3/9.1/8.7 both enterprise and standard edition using components like DataStage Designer, Data Stage Manager, DataStage Administrator, DataStage Director.
- Strong Technical experise in infoSphere IIS DataStage V11.3,9.1,8.7, 8.5, 8.1 & 7.5, SSIS/SSRS, UNIX Shell Scripts, DB2, Netezza,TeradataV12, Oracle, DataStage 7.5.2 (PX - Parallel Extender), XP and SQL.
- Experience in Designing DS jobs using Processing stages like Filter, Join, Merge,Lookup and Transformer Stage etc.., File Stages like Sequential file and Data set.
- Solid experience in Software Analysis, BRD & FSD Preparation, Design and Development, Experience in Internet Technologies, Client/Server business systems, GUI prototyping, Data warehousing and application development.
- Expert in working with Data Stage Manager, Designer, Administrator, and Director.
- Well-versed in developing DataStage Parallel jobs, data mapping from Source to Target and Slowly Changing Dimensions using different transformations in DataStage.
- Experience in Import/Export Jobs from Development to Production Environment.
- Expertise in ETL Development with good understanding of Data modeling concepts Like Teradata FS-LDM, ER model, Dimensional model etc.
- Familiar in using highly scalable parallel processing infrastructure using parallel jobs and multiple node configuration files.
- Experienced in scheduling Sequence and parallel jobs using DataStage Director, UNIX scripts and scheduling tools.
- Experience in troubleshooting of jobs and addressing production issues like data issues, ENV issues, performance tuning.
- Extensive experience in Unit Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Performance Testing.
- Experienced in integration of various data sources (DB2-UDB, SQL Server, PL/SQL Oracleand MS-Access) into data staging.Sort, Link Petitioner and Link Collector.
- Good in requirement gathering and preparation of functional specification documents and technical design.
- Strong analytical, verbal skills and ability to analyze, interpret information through many business tools.
- Possess Leadership experience and have ability to work individually as well as in a team with excellent problem solving, trouble-shooting capabilities.
- Self-motivated and committed person with excellent interpersonal communication skills and willingness to learn new tools.
- Passionate leader,skilled at building top-performing teams focused on impeccable service delivery and accountability.
ETL Tools: IBM info sphere DataStage / 11.3/9.1/8.7/8.5/8.0.1/7.5
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports & Pentaho Report Designer 3.5, Cognos series 7.0/6.x, Business objects
Operating Systems: Windows 10/8/7/vista/2000/2003, MS-DOS, UNIX, Sun Solaris and Linux
Database: Oracle11g/10g/9i/8i, DB2, Teradata, Server databases, Sybase
Data Modeling Tools: Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Join Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling and ERwin 4.5/4.0/3.5/3.0.
Languages & scripting languages: HTML, DHTML, XML SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell scripting, C, Java.
Confidential, Santa Clara - CA
Senior ETL/Data Stage Developer
- Designed the 40+ ETL jobs using IBM infoSphere Information Server to Extract, Transform and load the data into Staging and then into Oracle Database.
- Involved in the creation of dimensional schema design including dimension tables, fact tables and aggregate tables.
- Designed 80+ parallel jobs using stages such as Join, Merge, Lookup, Remove Duplicates, Copy, Filter, Funnel, Dataset, Lookup, Pivot, and Sort, Surrogate key Generator, Change Data Capture (CDC), Modify, Row Generator and Aggregator.
- Experience in optimization and query performance tuning in Netezza using various techniques involving distribution analysis, data-type analysis, zonemaps, CBTs, configuration parameters etc.
- Experience in developing applications in a high volume ETL DataStage environment including utilizing the following DataStage stages o Sequential file, Complex Flat file and achieved optimized performance.
- Extensively developed and deployed 56+ UNIX Shell scripts that provide parameter values to DataStage jobs during runtime (Achived 3X times enhanced performance).
- Participated in Unit testing and Integration testing of DataStage jobs (600+ test cases).
- GeneratedComplex reports in Cognos 10.1 report studio including Drill Down reportsfromDMR modeled Frame work model.
- Handled Performance tuning of jobs to ensure faster data loads.
- Extract requirements and co-ordinate closely with the Business Users and other users of Applications to understand the functional requirements.
Environment: IBM InfosphereDataStage 11.3 (Designer, Director and Administrator), Cognos 8 & 10 BI, oracle 10g, SQL Server, DB2, Flat files
Confidential, Hershey - PA
Senior ETL & BI Consultant
- Understanding the Technical design document and Source-To-Target mappings.
- Performed Analysis on Metadata according to TDD and Developed various kinds of jobs according to TDD.
- Designed the 20+ ETL process using DataStage tool to load data from source to target Schema.
- Developing parallel jobs Using stages like Dataset, Sequential file, Aggregator, Copy, Funnel, Join, Lookup, Merge and Transformer Etc.
- Testing the Jobs to assure that data is loaded as per TDD, prepare unit test cases and execution.
- Running, monitoring of the jobs using Data Stage Director and checking logs.
- Moving the ETL jobs From Development to production in very a short span and received uppload.
- Interaction with Client /End User for New Requirements and Updating him via Weekly Status call about the current Status of ongoing Requirements Providing the support after post production.
Environment: DataStage, Oracle 9i, AIX
Confidential, Iriving TX
- Understand the business and development process and facilitate appropriate data and development solutions.
- Utilized AscentialDataStage to move data from source systems to target system with no issues.
- Worked with several DataStage stages like Row Merger, Row Splitter, Sequential file Stage, OraOci, ODBC to transfer the data in Oracle, SQL Server to Teradata.
- Implemented a peer review on the business specifications that were created by the Business Analyst.
- Developed several ETL specifications documents (Programmer level specifications) and also developed jobs using DataStage and other tools.
- Used UNIX, Autosys to move projects, jobs from one environment to another.
- Extracted the data from Oracle, SQL Server using PL/SQL scripts to transfer the data to clients depending on the requirements.
- Utilized various Oracle blocks like packages, triggers, indexes, cursors, joins to extract the data that is needed for the creation of a DataStage job.
- Developed a DataStage job to load data from a flat file, SAP sent by the client.
- Part of the team in Dimensional modeling of the Data warehouse. Used Erwin to design the business process, dimensions and measured facts. Identified and documented the slowly changing dimensions.
Environment: IBM Web Sphere DataStage 7.1(Designer, Manager, Administrator), Oracle 10g/9i, Erwin 4.1, Windows NT, UNIX, CRMS Application
Datastage & ETL Developer
- Extensively used AscentialDataStage to Extract, Transform and Load the data from Flat files, XML to the Data ware house involving different stages like Transformer, OraOCI, hash, Oracle PACK, Aggregator, Sort, merge, link collectors and Partitioners and variety of integration techniques.
- Designed various jobs using Server functionalities.
- Extensive usage of SQL Command Center for validation of data from Siebel CRMS.
- Designed many complex jobs to capture changes on slowly changing dimensions for all dimensions & Created jobs to capture the changed data.
- Designed many Batch Processing jobs within Datastage and created many sequences in Datastage using Job Sequencer involving wait for file, notification protocols and routine implementation.
- Created various routines within Datastage Manager to cater different functionalities within a job and meet Business Requirements.
- Involved in performance tuning for various Datastage jobs by usage of Hash Stage, SQL Tuning, Job Tuning and usage of IPC s.
- Monitored Error Handling logs and created Exceptions and Rejection files for further analysis by the business.
- Administered Project using DS Administrator and involved in solving issues with locks and DS Tools.
- Used IBM Info Sphere DataStage 8.7/11.5 as ETL tool to Extract, Transform data from source systems such as Oracle, Flat files, Fixed width files, MS Access Database and load into EDW tables.
Environment: IBM Web Sphere DataStage 9.1/7.5.1(Designer, Manager, Administrator), Oracle 11/10g, Business Objects XI, Erwin 4.1, Windows NT, UNIX, CRMS Application
- Designed and developed complex Oracle reports and master detail forms using Oracle Developer 2000.
- Worked for commerce clients in designing and developing databases for POS systems.
- The system was developed to maintain the entire information about the material availability and finished goods, delivery details, purchases, vendor’s information and catalog information.
- Creating PL/SQL Procedures, Packages, Functions for billing module.
- Developing Forms and Reports, custom reports for various modules as per the client requirement.
- Unit Testing on Forms and Reports and PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Tuning, Functions, Triggers, Packages.
- Developed Oracle Stored procedures and database objects for the whole billing database.
- Created Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers using TOAD and SQL*Plus to be invoked by shell scripts and forms.
- Tuned the billing module to improve the performance, because of growing number of transactions.
- Developed the Oracle Reports to show the users various employee reports, Salary slabs, promotion, tax, loans and advances.
- Developed various Oracle SQL and PL/SQL objects along with proposals and estimates.
- Analyzing business requirements from client & designing the Technical Specification for architect's review.
- Performed thorough Unit testing, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing in development environment for the result of error free and smooth migration process and provided quality work for functional users.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, DWH, Oracle 10g/11g/9i, UNIX, Forms, Reports and Core Java, Toad
- Assigned as system developer for IIBS (International Insurance Brokerage Solution).
- Review and converts the existing software (IIBS) from standalone application to web application.
- Develop an end-to- end web application for Employee Enrollment Benefit Systems.
- Set-up and configure the Database tables and Created numerous PL/SQL stored procedures for data handling.
- Document the technical requirements and Provided support for User Acceptance Test and implementation.
- Debug program errors as reported by the user.
- Uses different library and framework in accordance with the current industry standards.
- Generates test cases and scenarios based on the application system’s functional requirements.
- Creates Database Scripts, Functions and Packages and Programs the user interface design.
Environment: Oracle8, PL/SQL, Oracle Import Developer 2000