- Experiencein the field of system analysis and extensive noledge of designing unprecedented IT solutions to enhance business efficiency and productivity.
- Experienced working in versatile software development methodologies including Agile/Scrum, Iterative and Waterfall SDLC methodologies.
- Good skills set in SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, SQL server, UNIX Shell Scripts, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing strategies and IBMDataStage.
- Worked onDataStagetools likeDataStageDesigner,DataStageDirector and DataStage Administrator.
- Strong understanding of the principals of Data Warehousing using fact tables, dimension tables and star/snowflake schema modeling.
- Technical and analytical skills wif clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP.
- Extensive experience in Unit Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Performance Testing.
- Extensive experience in design and development ETL Packages onDataStage8.5.
- Good hands - on experience in designing queries and other DDL, DML scripting in SQL.
- Good hands-on experience in UNIX and Teradata.
- Developed parallel jobs using different processing stages like Transformer, Aggregator, Lookup, Join, Sort, Copy, Merge, Funnel, CDC, Change Apply and Filter.
- Used Enterprise Edition/Parallel stages like Datasets, Change Data Capture, Row Generator and many other stages in accomplishing the ETL Coding.
- Having good noledge on Data Warehousing (DWH) concepts & methodologies.
- Scheduling the jobs using Autosys and Control -M.
- Extensive noledge of IT procedures and available technology solutions.
- Strong ability to coordinate wif external or internal clients and Ability to analyze clients existing systems and business models.
- Understanding of data model design concepts like conceptual, logical, physical data models, dimensional modeling concepts like Star Schema and Snowflake Schema.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycles and Strong analytical skills.
- Exposure in overallSDLCincluding requirementgathering, development, testing, debugging, deployment, documentation, production supportand Extensive experience in Project Management methodologies, Microsoft SQL Server database management.
- Involved in project related toData Modeling, System/Data Analysis, Design and Development for both OLTP and Data warehousing environments.
- Facilitated data requirement meetings wif business and technical stakeholders and resolved conflicts to drive decisions.
- Comprehensive noledge and experience in process improvement, normalization/de-normalization, data extraction, data cleansing, data manipulation. Strong noledge of DBMS concepts (views, foreign keys, primary keys, indexes, referential integrity, column constraints), SQL, DDL generation and validation.
- Experience in preparingBusiness Process Re-Engineering Models.
- Familiarity and experience in the work environment consisting of Business analysts, Production Support teams, Subject Matter Experts, Database Administrators and Database developers.
- Good understanding ofviews, Synonyms, Indexes, Joins and Partitioning.
- Mentored developers and conducted trainings for end users/analysts.
- Exceptional communication, presentation skills and client interactions.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, HTML/XML, C++, C, Perl
Database Tools: Oracle SQL Developer, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, DB2, Oracle 10g/9i, Teradata.
OLAP Tools: Microsoft Analysis Services, Business Objects.
Packages: Microsoft Office Suite, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power point.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, LINUX and UNIX.
Reporting Tools: Cognos, MS Office Suite.
Other Tools: MS Visual studio, Share point, ERWIN, SQL Developer Data Modeler 4.1.5, Datastage 8.5.0, Autosys.
Confidential, Quincy - MA
ETL Developer/Database Modeler
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintained and supported systems for data warehouse and business intelligence (BI) initiatives, including software, servers, and networks.
- Created the BRD (Business Requirement Document) after identifying all the requirements of the users.
- Developed mapping to load the data in slowly changing dimension.
- Preparation of technical specification for the development ofDataStageExtraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) source to target mappings to load data into various tables and defining ETL standards.
- Developed and used Stored Procedures to run on precession and post session commands.
- Extensively involved in creating database procedures, functions and triggers.
- Used theDataStageDesigner to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into data warehouse.
- Extensively worked wifDataStageActive and Passive Stages for Data Staging and Data Transformation from DB2 tables and loaded data into target databases.
- Used aggregate, expression, lookup, update strategy, router, and rank transformation.
- Developed joiner transformation for extracting data from multiple sources.
- Performed data analysis, testing, debugging, audits, disaster recovery, and problem resolution.
- Tested applications and resolved complex problems throughout software development life cycle (SDLC), including preparing detailed program specifications.
- Researched and evaluated technology solutions and present recommendations for improved system operations.
- Created data verification methods and comply wif standard system procedures.
- Developed normalizedLogicalandPhysicaldatabase models to design OLTP system for BCMS application.
- Worked wif Database Administrators, Business Analysts and Cognos Report Developers to conduct design reviews and validate the developed models.
- Identified, formulated and documented detailed business rules and Use Cases based on requirements analysis.
- Facilitated development, testing and maintenance of quality guidelines and procedures along wif necessary documentation.
- Defining the naming standards for data warehouse.
- Collected the business and technical metadata and maintained naming standards.
- UsedOracle SQL Developer Data Modeler for reverse engineering to connect to existing database and ODS to create graphical representation in the form of Entity Relationships and elicit more information.
- Used Model Mart ofOracle SQL Developer Data Modeler for effective model management of sharing, dividing and reusing model information and design for productivity improvement.
- Facilitated in developing testing procedures, test cases and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Integrated the work tasks wif relevant teams for smooth transition from testing to implementation.
Environment: Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler 4.1.5, Datastage 8.5.0, Windows XP/NT/2000, SQL Server 2005/2008, SQL, Oracle10g, Teradata, MS Excel, Mainframes MS Visio.
Confidential - Houston, TX
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Worked closely wif the Data Modelers for Designing and customizing data models for Data warehouse, supporting data from multiple sources in real time.
- Involved in building the ETL architecture and Source to Target mapping to load data into Data warehouse.
- Created mapping documents to outline data flow from sources to targets.
- Extracted the data from the flat files and other RDBMS databases into staging area and populated onto Data warehouse.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, and Union to develop robust mappings in the Datastage Designer.
- Developed Mapping parameters and Variables to support SQL override.
- Created Mapplets to use them in different mappings.
- Developed mappings to load into staging tables and then to Dimensions and Facts.
- Used existing ETL standards to develop these mappings.
- Worked on different tasks in Workflows like sessions, events raise, event wait, decision, e-mail, command, Worklets, Assignment, Timer and scheduling of the workflow.
- Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed data, and loaded into data warehouse.
- Involved in performance tuning for sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Involved in preparing the migration document to move the mappings from development to testing and then to production repositories.
Environment: Datastage 8.5.0, Oracle 9i, SQL Plus, Windows 2005/XP, Microsoft Office 2003, Shell Scripting.
Oracle Software Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for rescue maintenance as needed across a spectrum of store developed applications built on Oracle Forms, Reports and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Developed/Modified User Interface/Reports using Oracle Forms & Report.
- Extensively worked in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Query performance tuning, Created DDL scripts, Created database objects like Tables, Views Indexes, Synonyms and Sequences.
- Prepared the Data Reconciliation report by using Oracle PL/SQL and UNIX.
- Developed Complex SQL queries using various joins and developed various dynamic SQLs throughout the projects.
- Tuning of SQL Queries, Procedures, Functions and Packages using EXPLAIN PLAN and TKPROF.
- Used Bulk Collect feature to improve performance.
- Analyzed and computed statistics to improve response time for queries.
- Involved in Performance tuning of complex queries.
- Assigning work to an Engineer, Monitoring & controlling the release for any fix.
- Participating in weekly client call in order to understand, clarify & resolve issues reported by client.
- Assisting Team in resolving Data related issue by providing Business related guidance & noledge.
- Responsible for resolving the issues reported by Client
- Data Analysis on the data provided by different Vendors.
- Technical troubleshooting and consultation to development teams.
- Participated in Testing (Both Unit and Integration Level) and Implementation.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, Oracle 9i Developer Suite, Core Java, Linux, Oracle Designer and TOAD.