I am a key senior systems analyst, programmer analyst, software developer contributing more than 21 years of experience of user-interface and analytical programming for the manufacturing industry. I have an extensive background in Manufacturing/ERP Systems, UNIX/Linux operating systems, 3rd party system integrations such as custom form designs, front-end application development to back-end data analysis design. I have a broad range of implementation experience including ETL Data-Warehousing, EDI, Business Intelligence, and 3rd party software roll-outs. I can adapt easily to any environment working both collaboratively and individually specializing in third party system integrations.
I have been commuting to the Pittsburgh/Monroeville area for 21 years. I would like to work closer to home and I am also ready to take the next logical step into a supervisory IT position.
- Software Proficencies: Jetform/Acellio/Adobe Output Designer and VTE 7 years , Microsoft Visual Source Safe 9 years , Gentran/EDI Sterling 2 years , Oracle Warehouse Builder V10-11 8 years , Loftware/Bartender Label Designs 2 years , Microsoft Access 1 year , Microsoft Office Products 16 years ERP Software: Syman, Symix, Syteline 14 years , QAD 7.0, 9.0, eb2.1 SP1/SP3, QAD '07 13 years
- Business Intelligence Tools: Cognos Impromptu Admin, Framework Manager, Power Play
- Transformer, Cognos 8-10 Studio's/Security 8 years
- Operating Systems: All versions HP/AIX/Linux Unix 22 years , Windows-NT/XP 16 years
- Programming Languages: PROGRESS V6, V7, V8, V9, and OpenEdge 10 CHUI/GUI 21 years , Oracle SQL 8 years current version 11g, Microsoft Access 2 years , Visual Basic 1 year , Cobol 1 year , DYL 280 1 year
- My current responsibilities as a DataWarehouse Specialist include: Development and Maintenance of the Business Intelligence Oracle Data-warehouse which includes: ETL scripts written in PROGRESS 4GL, server schedules, Unix Crons maintained through Uni-Job, Oracle Warehouse Builder mappings, workflows, schedules, and PL/SQL packages. I successfully completed a migration from Progress/QADBI to Oracle Data-warehouse/Cognos BI-Tools utilizing Oracle Warehouse Builder, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and Cognos Framework Manager to create star-schemas for purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales, inventory, cost accounting, backlog/open orders, and financial statement reporting. The star-schema's are used within Cognos 10 Report/Event Studio. Design and Implementation of an Auditing Tool that monitors data integrity between system interfaces.
- Prior responsibilities as a Programmer Analyst III include: Development and maintenance of ERP software for the largest refractory company in the USA using various versions of Mfg-Pro and Progress 4GL. Modified custom source logic for upgrade from Progress 8/9.0 to Progress/eb2.1 domain version SP1 and then again to OpenEdge 10/eb2.1 SP3.
- Supported a Canadian interface which included separate databases and multi-currency applications. Peoplesoft Interface programming using Oracle Dataserver for Progress 10.
- Utilize Jetform/Adobe Design/UNIX Central and Transformation Agent VTE for Windows and UNIX to create templates for all company documents with a unique logo: invoices, A/P checks including MICR lines , purchase orders, pallet/warning labels, and order acknowledgements. Created Jetform/Adobe/Rightfax pdf/Email interface using progress within QAD 9.0/Eb2.1 and performed upgrades of the servers/softwares.
- Created an interface process between CHEMGES Software to QAD and to TRAX shipping software interactively to ultimately produce MSDS sheets, Product Warning Labels, and to keep a recent list of available data sheets for users via Internet access. I also had to implement trademark and registered symbol utilization on our product labels.
- Coordinate solutions for Source Control to migrate from UNIX RCS to Windows Visual Source Application. Administrator for Impromptu Catalogs. I was also the project lead for the ERP QAD eb2.1 upgrade to QAD07 service pack 6 .
- Worked with multi-clients approximately 30 in small office environment. Developed a human resources interface to keep track of employee ranks utilizing a parent/child mechanism. I integrated this functionality into the standard Syteline payroll module and created reports and utilities for user maintenance.
- Scoped and designed an end of month billing charges interface with different methods of accumulation where the user can change the rules of the billing utilizing a small progress syntax check interface. I stripped all the hardcode programming, created custom tables, and populated the data with hard-coded information. I essentially gave the client visibility to the module with enough flexibility so that no further modifications to the code were required.
- Coordinated steps and conversion procedures to convert data from Syteline version 4 to version 6 big bang for an Automotive Kit Distributor Company dealing with Ford, Nissan, Chrysler, and Toyota specifications. Wrote UNIX shell scripts and performed Progress database administration dump/loads, schema changes, index rebuilds, and server maintenance for the company.
- Converted a hard-coded customer label program for the same automotive company and made the process maintainable and visible to the user. I integrated LOFTWARE Software similar to JETFORM into Syteline to accomplish this. Designed and modified JETFORM forms for Job paperwork barcode labels and modified various Syteline forms including invoices, delivery order packing slips, bill of ladings, and purchase orders.
- Created a generic/dynamic EDI export program for 856 ASN's and 810 Invoices documents to be sent from a Gourmet Coffee company to its EDI customers. I imported partner profiles, downloaded document templates and added information for new EDI partners into GENTRAN. I worked with various companies including Sterling to accomplish the EDI implementation.
- Designed an Access application to effectively and efficiently track teacher attendance and vacation.
- Designed files, screens, queries, import data from a centralized system and export data utilizing SQL statements and Visual Basic procedures.
- Responsible for development, modification, and analysis functions in the centralized Information Technology department of this large manufacturer of replacement windows, doors and kitchen cabinetry. The company grew from twenty-five remote locations to over ninety as well as doubling its revenues to become the largest home improvement company in the country.
- Implementation and customization of all SYMIX modules. Designed and implemented a custom Financial Reporting System that produces Financial Statements. Designed Reporting Tools used for Lead Data Analysis.
- Develop contract management application utilizing V7.0 GUI/UIB and integrated it with SYMIX Shop Floor module. Designed and implemented a Manufacturing Application utilizing SYMIX PRT Parameters, Rules, and Tables that included generating barcodes and front-end customization of User Entry Questions and bill of materials for windows and doors.
- Performed data conversions from RPG legacy software to ERP Progress/SYMIX. UNIX, PROGRESS, and SYMIX Database Administration functions, maintained corporate applications, and provided end-user training and support.
- Acquired working knowledge of the full financial life including accounting methods and reconciliation. Gained useful insight to manufacturing, sales, and telemarketing aspects.
- Worked with all versions of SYMIX, Progress, and TREND.Provided programming specifications based on client needs. Provided technical and software support to over 100 clients.
- Performed customer Progress and SYMIX Software upgrades. Implemented SYMIX Taxing System, PRT, MRP, and Job Scheduling/Capacity Planning at various locations.
- Designed applications that interfaced with Shop Floor, Job Costing, Payroll including W-2 customizations, Sales, piecework, Inventory Control, and Purchasing using Symix/Syteline and Progress language.
- Maintained all end-user procedures and documentation and served as a backup to all office personnel. Implemented payroll and purchasing modules from the gathering requirements stage to conversion roll-out and processing support.
I managed the wait staff of approximately 20 people for a family owned Italian restaurant. Interviewed and Hired wait staff, bartenders, hostesses, and bus persons. Created training programs for the staff, set standards, created schedules, and managed the floor. I did this while attending college. Assisted in the ordering and stocking of the bar area and weekly advertisement through the local media.