To My Prospective Employer:
- I offer expertise in Technology Architecture and Technical Infrastructure Design with emphasis in Database Technologies described in the enclosed resume. Please consider me an interested candidate for a position of career growth potential with your organization.
- You will find in my resume that I have a fine record of achievement and also that the quality of my performance, both professionally and academically, has earned me both awards and recognition in the form of steady advancement to positions of increased responsibility. My leadership qualities have been demonstrated in the development of highly motivated, proficient personnel dedicated to accomplishment and teamwork.
- An excellent communicator, I am fluent and literate in three languages French and Spanish and adept in establishing and maintaining harmonious interpersonal and professional relationships with all levels of culture. Personable, poised and well-groomed, at all times I present a positive image of company reliability and efficiency.
- My goal is a challenge and expanded opportunity with a progressive organization, such as yours, where my skills and keen enthusiasm will have valuable application. I will appreciate an opportunity to discuss the ways in which we may mutually benefit from a working
OBJECTIVE: A position in which my expertise in Technology Architecture and Technical Infrastructure Analysis and Design will be of value to a growing, dynamic organization offering professional growth and career advancement.
Database Technology: Data Warehousing, Logical/Physical Design, Data Modeling, DB2 OS/390 and UDB , Oracle, Oracle Warehouse Builder OWB , ADABAS, SQL, PL/SQL, SQR, ODBC, JDBC, Platinum Tools and Utilities, IMS DB/DC, IDMS, ER/Win, ER/Studio, DBArtisan, Quest Software,Oracle Application Express APEX
Programming Languages: Java, Perl, C, COBOL/COBOL2/COBOL400/MicroFocus COBOL, CICS, PL/1, RPG II, Assembler.
Software Experience: UNIX, LINUX, AIX, HP, SUN , SUN Solaris, MVS/ESA, JES2, TSO/ISPF/SDSF/PDF, CICS/OS/VS Command Level and Macro , CICS, Abend-AID/FX, VTAM/NCP, VM/SP/VSE/XA, DOS/VSE, Omegamon, NetView, NCCF, OS/390, FDR/ABR, Natural, Natural Security NSS , CA-Top Secret TSS , ACF2, IEF, BANNER SCT , Web Objects, OS/JCL, ROSCOE, COM-PLETE, CA-1, CA-7, CA-11, VSAM, PICK O/S, PanValet, ChangeMan, InfoMan, DYL-280, EZTrieve, FileAid, Xpediter, COGNOS, Microsoft Products, Excel, WordPerfect, Lotus Notes, Windows.
Hardware Experience: IBM mainframe and midrange, HP, SUN.
SUMMARY OF ACHIEVEMENTS
- Top Secret Security Clearance
- Fluent and literate in three languages: French, Spanish
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in demand-driven, unstructured environments
- Installation/configuration, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of business, financial, manufacturing/distribution, student information and university administrative applications. Project management. Data replication and data transformation services ETL .
- Structured design/development programming methodologies incorporating all phases of systems development life cycle: analysis, design, code, test, implementation and evaluation.
- Performance monitoring and tuning. Hardware/software upgrades technical/software support. Performance of related technical studies, requirements gathering. Enterprise database administration/management and related utilities not limited to backup and recovery.
- Data classification auditing and tracking. Logical and physical data modeling. Design and modification of database structures, system catalog, and data dictionary. Definition of users, resources to security systems monitor/control of resource usage and user access.
- Establishing and maintaining security and integrity controls, formulating policies, procedures and standards relating to database and data warehouse management, design of data extraction/transformation/load activities, and performance/utilization monitoring and tuning.
- Design and delivery of software training preparation of related guides and documentation.
- Implement/enforce procedures for installation physical security, data security.
- Production analysis and control. Documentation of systems and security procedures.
- Design, development, and installation of Novell NetWare ELS II network.
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- Professional Consulting: Provide exceptional technical and/or analytical support to clients in identifying, analyzing, and resolving problems of moderate to highly complex business communication systems. Self-directed, making major contributions to teams and contributes significantly to client satisfaction. When acting as Technical Team Lead, take responsibility for client satisfaction on project deliverables. Assume technical project ownership for complex engagements. Interface directly with client/others outside the company, recognizes business opportunities and helps to develop them. Recognized as a subject matter expert within areas of expertise. Capable of diagnosing and evaluating complex issues. Provides solutions to a diverse range of complex problems. Represents the company at industry forums.
- Solution Design: Responsible for design, development, and implementation of custom business intelligence applications in a contact center environment for customers in various industries. Participate in the identification and accomplishment Strategic Initiatives. Innovate in development and delivery of new offerings. While enrolling others, championing change to create positive and lasting impact. Designed and developed a custom Erlang C Calculator stochastic modeling .
- Software applications developed using Oracle Warehouse Builder, Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g, Oracle 9i on LINUX.
- DB2: Responsible for design, development, and implementation of database architecture supporting business operations accommodating changing business priorities and technology advancements developing solutions that perform well logically and physically for decision support and ensuring that deliverables from other application teams are reviewed for database implications. Design, development and deployment of DB2 version 8 ESE with high availability disaster recovery features HADR replacing previous implementation of IBM UDB v 7.2 EEE. Deployment of database objects residing on various UNIX servers as well as design, development, and implementation of DB2 high-availability configurations for use with Avaya Interaction Center. Sizing, configuring, and tuning database structures for optimal performance. Assist Avaya Interaction Center associates in design and tuning of SQL applications for use in-house as well as at client sites. Develop and maintain scripts, e.g., backup, recovery, import/export/load, data extraction, transformation, and archiving scripts. Primary contact for 24x7 Database Support.
- Oracle: Implement, configure, maintain, and tuning Oracle 7, 8i and 9i/9iAS software and database objects on AIX and Sun servers. Performance of database upgrades. Database cloning, backup, recovery, tuning, capacity planning, patching, and administration of multiple Oracle databases. Conduct proactive investigations and implementation of technologies supporting strategic objectives. On-call pager rotation.
- DB2: Responsible for implementing, maintaining and tuning IBM UDB v 7.2 software and database objects residing on Sun E10000 server. Sizing, configuring, and tuning database structures for optimal performance SUN, LINUX, and OS/390 platforms . Assist developers in tuning SQL applications. Develop and maintain scripts, e.g., backup, recovery, import/export/load, data extraction, transformation, and archiving scripts. Maintenance and integration of legacy database applications to client-server environment.
- Oracle: Implement, configure, maintain, and tuning Oracle 8i and 9iAS software and database objects on Sun and Windows servers. Implemented SCT-Banner Human Resources/Payroll and Financial modules. Extract, transform, and load data from DB2/VSAM to Oracle. Performance of application system upgrades as well as database upgrades. Database cloning, backup, recovery, tuning, capacity planning, patching, and administration of multiple Oracle databases. Conduct proactive investigations and implementation of technologies supporting strategic objectives. Unix, Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Database Architect/Oracle Database Administrator
Development DBA/Data Architect Enterprise Systems Architecture,
Banking Systems Implementations Analyst
Insurance Fund Data Services
Development DBA/Data Architect --
- Assisted the Corporate Project Leader in conducting Joint Application Design JAD sessions to determine end-user requirements for database object design. Formalized specifications, developed prototype/data model, reviewed with end-users, adjusted data model, as required, then obtained approval of the working prototype. Constructed, tested and implemented/deployed the database objects using DB2 in a multi-platform enterprise environment. Support DBA functions including performance and tuning of the database engine. Assisted developers with optimization of SQL statements, evaluation of database products.
- Enhanced mainframe applications using COBOL II, DB2/SQL, Platinum Utilities, CICS, IMS, EZTrieve, FileAid, AbendAid/FX, Xpediter, VSAM/IDCAMS, JCL/CL and related tools. Designed/implemented significant program enhancements to effect production system ABEND recovery/resolution. Design of database structures, performance monitoring and tuning, database optimization, data modeling, and data warehouse architecture. Designed multi-
- platform applications mainframe to client-server used to perform data aggregation, statistical analysis and executive decision support. SQR Reporting with PEOPLESOFT.
- National Order Collection Vehicle/Enterprise Customer Profile System NOCV/ECPS-Lite Computer Professional Staffing, Clearwater, Florida - GTE Data Services - Performed high-level/detail design, data modeling, data mapping, data analysis, logical object design, business process modeling, and coding of mainframe-based sales application using data warehousing technology for telecommunications industry. Participated in the structured analysis of business requirements in creation of design/technical specifications. Responsible for integration of business data definitions into an Enterprise Data Architecture. Software tools include COBOL2, DB2, PanValet, OS/JCL, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, and FileAid.
- 10/95 to 04/96 Senior Programmer Analyst, Distribution Control System DCS , Technical Architecture/Infrastructure, Tech Data Corporation, Clearwater, Florida
- Developed and enhanced mainframe-based applications using COBOL2, DB2, CICS, Platinum Utilities, OS/JCL and related tools. Full systems life cycle development. Provide production ABEND resolution/ recovery using Production Systems Support Methodology. Responsible for analysis and re-engineering of Data Retention and Archival standards and procedures. Performance monitoring and tuning.
Database Administrator Service Order Load and Retrieval System
Support of mainframe-based applications using COBOL, DB2, IMS, FileAid, AbendAid, JCL and related tools. Designed and executed significant programming enhancements and database administration/maintenance within limited timeframes in order to resolve production issues 24-hour production support . Management of multiple priorities under self-direction.
Developed, implemented, maintained information system. Applied accounting principles and procedures to financial transactions in client's financial and tax records. Performed audits of accounts. Prepared related business tax returns. Performed hardware and software systems vendor selection, negotiation, purchasing and contracting.
Maintained, enhanced, implemented, and evaluated telecommunications business applications customer billing and accounting using COBOL, DB2, IMS in MVS environment.
Management of information systems for a Maquiladora, i.e., an international manufacturing and distributions concern. Responsible for the successful direction of significant development and implementation projects hardware and software systems vendor selection, negotiation, purchasing, and contracting. Key responsibilities included technical planning, direction and administration, development of plans and capabilities, tracking and control of project costs. Developed operational procedures and performed related training.
Automated Data Processing ADP Security Systems Chief, Marine Corps Data Network,
- IBM Mainframe Computer Operations Specialist
- roup MicroComputer Systems Specialist