Experience and Qualification Highlights
- Over twenty years of progressive and diverse experience in analysis, development and help desk support.
- A business system background in manufacturing, insurance and logistics. Familiar with all phases of the system development life cycle. Experienced with various methodologies for system development life cycle such as IBM JAD, Knowledgeware and FEDWAY.
- Government Systems include Medicare and New York State Medicaid
- Created the following deliverables context diagrams, process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, user requirements, test cases and programming specifications.
- A technical background that includes Mainframe and Server application development of data base and data communication products using mainframe COBOL, MicroFocusCOBOL, IMS DB/DC, DB2, DL/l, CICS, VSAM, SUPRA, TELON, VISUAL BASIC, TERADATA and ACCESS.
- HARDWARE Various IBM Mainframes and Unix Servers
- SYSTEMS OS/MVS, VM/CMS, DOS/VSE, OS JCL, DOS JCL, TSO/ISPF DIALOGUE MANAGER, CLIST, IBM UTILITIES, IDCAMS, MS/DOS, WINDOWS, OS2
- SOFTWARE VISUAL BASIC, ORACLE, DB2, XDB, IMS DB/DC, CICS, DL/l, VSAM, IDCAMS, TELON, TOTAL, SUPRA
- TOOLS MICROFOCUS COBOL, MICROFOCUS WORKBENCH, CEDF, DATAVANTAGE, XPEDITER, XBUG, ABEND-AID, ENDEVOR 3.7
- LANGUAGES VS COBOL II, OS/VS COBOL, ANSI COBOL, ASSEMBLER, SQL, MICROFOCUS COBOL
- CASE TOOLS KNOWLEDGEWARE ADW 2.7, IEF BUSINESS AREA ANALYSIS
- CLIENT/SERVER TERADATA, MS SQL SERVER, 4TH DIMENSION, CRYSTAL REPORTS, VISUAL BASIC, CRYSTAL REPORTS and ACCESS
- Responsibilities: Eliminate Mainframe by Extracting, Transforming and Loading required files to Server to allow Mainframe decommissioning. Select Extract, Transform and Load Mainframe files to Servers.
- Interviewed Business users to create Conversion Rules, such as how to transform numeric, binary and character data into text strings. Created PowerPoint Presentations of rules and process for client approval.
- Based on analysis modified copymembers, programs and syncsorts to extract and transform data. Converted transformed data to ASCII using FTPPRO.
- Designed Mainframe Elimination Process from Mainframe Extract to Informatica Workflows using Power Point to show ETL Extract, Transform and Load.
- Created a Process Flow Diagram showing all steps from mainframe extract to server load.
- Created Data flow Diagrams and Context Diagrams for Business partners to approve
- prior to ETL run. Diagrams show source of file on mainframe and target servers such as MS SQL SERVER, INFOMATICA and MS SHARE POINT.
- Created Data Conversion Table using Power Point to demonstrate how Mainframe EBCIDIC data would be converted to ASCII data for loading to Server. Table included conversion of packed numeric data, negative and positive numeric and character data into strings for later conversion to numbers, decimal and varchar data types. Helped create INFORMATICA workflows.
- Created Target Folders on Server for Source files extracted from Mainframe.
- Used FTPPRO to convert data to ASCII then load to Server Drive.
- Extracted hierarchical data and transformed into Relational Data for MS SQL load.
- Worked on ET side of EMEDNY MEDICAID Data Warehouse. Responsibilities include updating Project Design Specifications , modifying copymembers, JCL and COBOL programs. Testing of programs using ODO variable length files as well as DB2 tables. Used Teradata SQL Assistant to check on data loaded to Data Warehouse. Used Minus Query and INSYNC to interrogate test results. Updated Metadata with data about new columns and values. Wrote VB Scripts for controls such as text boxes radio buttons for various events such as click, drag and drop, etc.
- Worked on Claims, Paid and Denied and Encounter Systems.
- Application changes included:
- ADDITION OF MEDICARE PAID AMOUNTS ON TO MEDICAID ENCOUNTER RECORDS
- NEW MONTHLY PROVIDER NCQA NATIONAL COMMITTEE ON QUALITY ASSURANCE TABLE
- MEDICAL ANALYTICAL EXTRACT FILE MAE CONVERT ENCOUNTER DATA
- NEW TRANSPORTATION
- PROFESSIONAL CODE
- DIABETIC SUPPLY REBATE COLLECTION
- NATIONAL PROVIDER IDENTIFYER NPI ENCOUNTER MANDATE
- CARE AT HOME RATES
- ENCOUNTER NPI MANDATE BILLING PROVIDER
- REMOVE AMBULATORY PATIENTS GROUP APG CALCULATION
Environment includedEZ-Trieve, IBM utilities, INSYNC, TSO, OS, COBOL DB2, Teradata, BI Query
- Converted customer payroll files from PC format to Mainframe format using File Transfer Protocol
- And COBOL to unstring files.
- Wrote COBOL programs to compare converted files to VSAM files for Medical, Dental and Vision deductions. Any discrepancies were placed on a report and sent to customer via Network.
- Backed up and restored VSAM files for Insured, Benefit and Dependant Benefits using FAVERZ utility and IDCAMS.
Environment included DITTO utilities, CMS, DOS and COBOL for VSE/ESA 1.1.1
- Wrote technical specifications for developers at IBM East Asia using Macy's SDLC product FEDWAY . Specifications involved sending items to gift, single and multi packing stations by the TOZAN Tilt Tray System. Areas of business impacted by specifications include Pick Release Scheduling, Picking, Inducting conveyable items, Packing and Shipping.
- Modified Replenishment Module to process by Wave or Priority. Module would calculate total number of items to top off the perpetual inventory. Cartons of appropriate size would be pulled to replenish item bins. Replenishment module written in COBOL with DATACOM Data Base Calls.
- Supporting offshore payroll at United Technologies Shared Business Service.
- Duties include preparing payroll files for ADP of Jamaica by running Attendance, Dedcalcs and Release jobs.
- Used PuTTy software to edit Unix .BAT and .SQR files. Built JCL and Proc for a new pay group.
Software Support Technician.
- Duties included pinging servers, submitting jobs and fixing any software problems.
- Developed BRIO reports for management metric of system problems.
- Modified ITELL Reporting to accept new funding arrangement types and to feed data to BRIO reports. All work done in DB2, CICS and COBOL
- Created a test region using JCL, Procs and DB2.
- Automatic extraction and backup of home and work telephone numbers implemented of all clients using COBOL II and DB2.
- Analysis of duplicate SSN completed and proposed solution given to management.
- Daily E-Metrics Enrollment Program has been modified to reduce the manual handling of transactions and measured E transactions using CICS, COBOL II and DB2.
- Created Sorts to accumulate output of Daily E-Metrics Enrollment Program.
- Maine Zip Code correction module report written using COBOL II and DB2.
- Primary Care Physician PCP module modified. Primary Care Vs provider report written.
- Business rules created for provider name and title presentation.
- Team leader for Run Time Improvement Team
- Responsible for tuning various systems using STROBE.
- Recommended changes to JCL, SQL or COBOL source code based on STROBE reports.
- Used EZ-TRIEVE to extract data from mainframe files to use in Metrics system.
- Member of Access to Care ID Card production team.
- Created Connect Direct jobs to send card images to vendor.
- Wrote DB2/SQL IO modules to populate Medical Id cards.
- Developed VB 6.0 front end used to access mainframe files.
- Wrote VB window for Corporate Logo modification.
- Analyzed and Programmed changes to the MACPAC Document Control and Inventory Control Systems to allow Electric Boat and Newport News Shipyards to share data.
- Changes made to MACPAC IMS and DB2/SQL databases using IMS/DB and SQL. IMS/DC Screens changed using MFS.
- Modified MACPAC online components such as Video Display Area VDA , Field Status Vector FSV and Screen Control Table SCT .
Analyzed and Programmed changes to the Pharmacy Sales system to accommodate new sales territories. All changes made using COBOL, IMS DB/DC and DB2.
Modified DB2/SQLCOBOL programs to convert rates to the same format as the IDX MUMPS software.
- Modified Servidata System to read and update the Litigation Database using COBOL, CICS and DB2. Used ENDEVOR 3.7 to manage source code.
- Retrieved and signed out modules in ENDEVOR foreground.
- Used ENDEVOR batch to create SCL members and update source code.
- During implementation process used ENDEVOR Parallel Development Manager to compare Litigation module to Year 2000 modules.
- Created wip files for review and resolved any conflicts.
- Used PDM Automerge to combine Year 2000 modules with Litigation modules.
Modified Home Owners Equifax interface using MicroFocusCOBOL, IMS DB DC and DB2.
- Modified Producer Billing System using Telon with IMS DB/DC and DB2.
- Modified IMS screens to protect data uploaded from PC environment. Changes were made using TELON and IMS.
Member of New World Development team.
- Responsible for coding the online correction modules. Modules written using MicroFocus COBOL.
- Created VB data types using Visual Basic 4.0 for COBOL copybooks.
- Maintained and enhanced the Care Counseling System.
- All modifications were made using Microsoft Visual Basic 3.0 Professional with Btrieve.
- Used MS Access 2.0 for queries and forms. Extensive use of Crystal Reporting.
- Designed and constructed Help Desk Dispatch System. A Windows application developed using Microsoft Visual Basic 3.0 Professional with Access 2.0.
- System consists of GUI front end with multiple MDBs for recording calls, updating statistics and help databases.
- Reports generated using Crystal report feature of VB professional version.
- Modified ALAS lease system software using COBOL, VSAM, CICS and EZ-TRIEVE.
- Updated Subsidy Rate Tables and produced Ad hoc Reports for users.
- Extensive use of IDCAMS to define and populate files.
- Wrote PC Budget system using MicroFocusCOBOL.
- Created EXE members and BAT files to run system on PC platform.
- Utilized MicroFocus Animator for testing and debugging.
- Employed OUTBOUND for downloading data from Mainframe to PC platforms.
- Wrote Production cost module using PC-Telon, tested using MicroFocus Animator, and subsequently uploaded application to the mainframe for execution.
- Designed, developed, tested and implemented a Vacation Master Data Base using DB2.
- Used Load Utility to propagate the database, and wrote IMS/DC application for inquiry and update of database.
- Application programs were written in COBOL using MFS and embedded SQL calls.
- Created both the Load and Unload process for the DB2/SQL database.
- Provided on-job-training for entry-level programmers.