- I am looking for a Database Architect/BI position that requires good analysis skills and excellent soft skills that can identify and revolve issues/problems in a timely manner and be able to make a positive difference to the organization bottom line.
- Soft Skills: Possess excellent and creative abilities to solve problems in ambiguous situations. Tactful and able to influence and convince in an effective way at different organization level. Understand the importance of Return on Investment on resources and posses excellent common sense approach to solving problems. Able to effectively create and present design documents at appropriate level from developers to upper management.
- Primary Technical Skills: Conceptual/Logical/Dimensional Data Modeling, Data analysis and DB design/development skills. SQL Server/Oracle Database, Oracle E-Business Suite, MYSQL, PHP, SQL, PL/SQL, Triggers, DBA, SDLC, Data Warehouse/BI, InetSoft, Tableau, ErWin, DOS/Powershell, Unix/Linux, Windows, VAX/VMS, Perl/Python.
- Database Architect and lead developer for a BI application that manages a 1Billion business.
- Create complex work flow to effectively and efficiently manage thousands of billing related SMS responses per day. This leads to a better customer services and experience and reduces customer service calls.
- Effectively create and maintain very complex data manipulation routine and SQL queries for various data sources for problem resolutions, investigative analysis and database/system audit /problem solving purposes. In many situations leading to millions of dollars of audit results that is actionable.
- Data, Process flow and Gap Analysis with external vendors and within AT T various groups which yields a better software products and a more efficient/accurate work and process flow.
- Act as the key database query expert for multiple organizations for complex investigative works external auditors and various compliance and enforcement government agencies.
- Enabling ISVs in adopting Microsoft new technologies like VS 2008, SQL2008, WS2008, Dynamics CRM, AX etc.
- Advisor to ISV Partners CEO/CTO/Directors level executives on adopting Microsoft new technologies. Provides resources on the why, how, where and what on key Microsoft technologies to these partners.
- Enabling specialized ISV partner programs to boost Microsoft product sales under NDAs .
- Program Manager to enable marketing events and technology adoption programs.
Intel Corporation, Seattle, WA Database Developer/Performance Specialist
- Install/Test/Improve and prototype SQLSERVER binaries on new Intel chipsets/platforms on new MS operating systems Window .NET Servers for TPCC publications see http://www.tpc.org
- Vtune/Kernel Debug/C debug/BIOS/Firmware testing/setup and TPCC benchmark installation, deployment and testing
- Emon, Perfmon data collections and performance analysis. Different DISK IO/SAN EMC/EUROLOGIC subsystem maintenance and setup
- Worked with different Vendors NEC/HP/IBM/UNISYS on TPCC benchmark tests for publications
- Key database architect/data modeler for a joint venture E-commerce shopping web site project.
- Designed/developed triggers, PL/SQL procedure for the key/critical processes.
- Database setup/installation and performance tuning on SQL and database, process flow analysis and design.
- Datamart and Datawarehouse project. ETL design and development. Extensive Data Modeling and Data Analysis
- Perform BAAN/Oracle Performance tuning, create tools to capture LOCK/WAIT with BSHELL session information. Tune INIT.ORA parameters. Create/migrate/maintain large 100-500gig databases
- Migrated Oracle Application General Ledger V9.4 from a VAX-VMS to a DEC ALPHA OSF1 Unix.
- Upgraded Oracle Financial/GL from V9.4 to V10.6 and installed Accounts Payable and Purchasing.
- Maintained the linkage between the Oracle Financial/Cost Management System Custom using Application Object Library V9.4.2 on VAX-VMS with Oracle General Ledger V10.x on ALPHA OSF1 using SQL Net and DB Links.
- Migrated customized General Ledger reports from VAX-VMS V9.4.2 to UNIX OSF1 V10.5.
- Integrated the custom General Ledger reports with General Ledger and Application Object Library V10.5.
- Database build/rebuild, performance tuning and sizing.
- Designed/Developed and Customized PL/SQL development for GL Purging.
- Implemented Oracle General Ledger and Accounts Payable in about 4 months.
- Helped users defined/setup the Chart of Accounts and segment values and Data Modeling.
- Implemented securities and responsibilities, and developed interfaces for General Ledger accounts between the old and the new systems using Application Object Library SQL Forms.
- Implemented Oracle FSG reports and interfaces for Payable vendors and invoices.
- Project Leader for implementation of multiple small projects from data model to implementation.
- Special consultant to the implementation of Oracle General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and all Oracle Projects.
- Evaluated software packages for manufacturing and distribution Order Entry systems.
- Participated in development of a customized Manufacturing and Cost management system with a fully integrated Oracle General Ledger package using Oracle Application Object Library about 10M project .
- Participated in development of a Marketing/Accounting system for managing marketing events about 500K project .
- Performed Data Model and Functional Hierarchy Analysis in relation to Oracle Application Object Library scheme. Key Data Modeler and Database Designer.
- Provided technical consultation on system design, implementation strategies and procedures, and established programming and development standards.
- Key designer and developer of highly complex SQL Forms/SQL Plus, SQR, C and PRO COBOL applications and common routines and utilities for the integration of the customized systems with Oracle General Ledger.
- Evaluated, recommended and performed system procedures and processes.
- Conducted Oracle workshops and training sessions for project team on Application Object Library and trained client Database Administrators and other project developers.
The company where I learnt the most in innovative way of doing things.