- VMware Data Center Virtualization
- VMware Data Center and Cloud Management
- VMware End User Computing
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Cisco UCS 5000 6000 Series
- Fabric Interconnects
- PowerShell Scripting
- VB Scripting
- DATA Domain
- EMC Storage Arrays
- Sun StorageTek Array
- NetApp Storage Array
- Dell MD3000 Series Storage Arrays
- HP MSA Series Storage Arrays
- Navisphere and Unisphere
- Dell Disk Manager
- SnapVault SnapMirror
- Cisco Fibre Channel Switches
- Brocade SAN Switches
- BMC Remedy
- SMA HEAT
Senior Storage Engineer
Responsible for the installation, implementation, and ongoing management of a complex storage area network environment. Part of a dedicated storage team that working closely with other engineering teams to provide technical support for all storage management-related activities. Acts as a liaison to other departments, representing the storage team on all technical matters related to storage management. Extensive background in SAN NAS management with a demonstrated ability to implement solutions, manage change, and provision storage in a large-scale, mission-critical, multi-PB storage environment.
- Diagnosed, repaired, installed and configured an EMC CX3-10 back into production.
- Scheduled maintenance windows for storage arrays throughout the enterprise and updated the flare codes management tools, and replaced faulted drives and parts as needed.
- Successfully migrated data and decommissioned storage equipment.
- Successfully delivered several VMware vCenter Configuration Manager Jumpstarts Accelerators PS services.
Customer-facing position delivering services for the VMware PSO Federal and Commercial Divisions. Deliver pre-packaged datacenter, cloud infrastructure, desktop and end user computing VMware consulting solutions. Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and estimates.
- High service-satisfaction rated consulting architect among Federal and Commercial customers..
- Work as consultant for VMware Professional Services.
- Successfully delivered several vCenter Operations Manager v5.7 Jumpstarts, Accelerators, Architecture and Design PS services including configuration of third-party adapters.
VMware View Engineer
Packaged, tested and deployed in-house applications with VMware Thinapp for XP and Windows 7. Created test groups and analyzed applications performance. Worked closely with programmers and system administrator to ensure all VMware Thinapp packages worked as designed. Analyze and troubleshoot on an advanced level, performance of SAN-backed VMware View infrastructure to determine proper allocation of resources to a multi-department user population with widely varying needs. Performed updates as needed.
Remote VMware / Storage Engineer
Build, configure and deployed Windows 2K8 R2 Server Virtual Machines within vSphere 5.1 environment with vCenter Management. Configured RAW Device Mapping on appropriate servers. Assured that DRS, HA, and vMotion were configured operational. Dell MD-series Architecture, Configuration and Installation. Performed EXSi updates via Integrated Dell Remote Controller iDRAC . EMC Symmettrix VMAX Dell Compellent FS8600 Storage Arrays. Analyze and troubleshoot on an advanced level, performance of SAN-backed VMware ESX infrastructure to determine proper allocation of resources to a multi-department user population with widely varying needs.
Performed assessments of the current VMware Infrastructure for State Agencies using vCenter Operations Manager v5 to enable quality of service, operational efficiency and continuous compliance of dynamic cloud infrastructure and business critical applications. Design, install, configure VMware ESX, within vSphere 5.0 and 5.1 environments with vCenter Management, Consolidated Backup, DRS, HA, DPM, vMotion and VMware Data Recovery. Deployed VMware View. Build, configure and deploy VMs and templates. Completed Physical-to-Virtual P2V migration of Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 servers from VMware and legacy hardware.
- Deployed a well Planned Domain Infrastructure for Agencies
- Planned and initialized transitioning from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
- Migrated Windows Server 2003 Domain to windows Server 2008 Domain
- IBM DS-series Architecture, Configuration and Installation
- Dell MD-series Architecture, Configuration and Installation
- Analyze and troubleshoot on an advanced level, performance of SAN-backed VMware ESX infrastructure to determine proper allocation of resources to a multi-department user population with widely varying needs.
EMC Storage Resident
- Providing infrastructure improvement best-practice expertise, processes, policies, and procedures as part of a two Disaster Recovery Site initial configuration project. Successfully performed the initial configuration and provisioning of two new VNX5300 Storage Arrays and one VNX5100 Storage Array. Created Thin Provisioned Storage Pools on the VNX5300 Storage Arrays. Configured Fully Automated Storage Tiering FAST . Configured and Zoned Brocade 5100 FC Switches with Data Center Fabric Manger DCFM . Spearheaded the migration of 64 Terabytes of data from a Sun StorageTek 6540 Array to an EMC VNX5300 Array via FalconStor NSS Migration within a Windows, VMware, Solaris and UNIX environment.
- Assisted with the migration of 8 Terabytes of data from a Dell Equallogic PS6000 iSCSI Array to VNX5100 Array via Zerto Data Replication within a VMware View VDI environment. Install, configure and tested VMware Site Recovery Manager
SAN Storage / VMware Engineer
Creating, administering and monitored EMC Symmetrix VMAX, EMC DMAX, EMC VNX5300, EMC Clariion/Celerra Storage, NetApp FS3000, and HP StoreVirtual 4000 Storage. SAN administration, Cisco zoning, managed LUNs, volumes and installing FC HBA on host, installing HBA driver and troubleshooting storage issues. Maintained enterprise SAN consisting of both Fiber Channel and SCSI disk arrays. Created CIFS and NFS file systems, Mounted shares in Celerra, Install and configure PowerPath in Windows, VMware and UNIX environment. Perform migration of 70 Terabytes of data from an EMC Symmetrix DMX-4 Array to an EMC Symmetrix VMAX Array via EMC Open Replicator and PowerPath Migration Enabler within a Mainframe, Windows, VMware, and AIX environment. Performed migration of 48 Terabytes of data from an EMC Clariion CX4 Array to an EMC VNX5300 Array via EMC SAN Copy within a Mainframe, Windows, VMware, and Citrix environment. Designed, install, configure VMware ESX, ESXi, within vSphere 3.5, 4.0, 4.1 and 5.0 environments with Virtual Center management, Consolidated Backup, EMC Recoverpoint., Backup and recovery tools Quest vRanger, EMC Avamar and IBM TSM for database recovery, DRS, HA, DPM, vMotion and VMware Data Recovery, VMware Site Recovery Manager SRM . Experience with VMware View 4.5 4.6 desktop virtualization VDI and VMware ThinApp installation, management and application packaging. Administrated and maintained more than a 500 virtual desktops. Packaged, entitled, updated and patched applications via VMware ThinApp 4.5 4.6, applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, Java Runtime, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Lotus Notes, etc. Build, configure and deploy VMs and templates. Completed Physical-to-Virtual P2V , Virtual-to-Virtual V2V , Physical-to-Physical and Virtual-to-Physical V2P migration of Windows 2003, 2008, Linux servers as well as Hyper-V and legacy hardware using VMware Converter and PlateSpin Power Convert. Analyze and troubleshoot performance of SAN-backed VMware ESX infrastructure to determine proper allocation of resources to a multi-department user population with widely varying needs. Customize layer 2 and layer 3 networking between VMware, networking components and storage for high availability and maximum performance. Develop, test, and maintain a disaster recovery plan for critical VMs and application data.