- Over 7 years of IT experience in software applications analysis, design, development, testing, maintenance and enhancements mainly in the fields of Data warehousing, and Database
- Highly skilled in developing ETL mappings and scripts using Informatica Power Center 9.0/8.x/7.x and PowerMart using Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor tools.
- Strong knowledge of Data warehousing concepts, and Dimensional modeling like Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, and Galaxy schema
- Working knowledge on different source/targets ranging from Flat Files, Excel, Oracle, Sql Server, DB2, Sybase, XML, SAP, and VSAM files
- Strong experience in designing/developing complex mappings from various transformations like Source Qualifier, Connected and unconnected lookups, Aggregator, Filter, Router, SQL, Expression, Joiner, and Update Strategy etc.
- Thorough knowledge of several informatica concepts like reusable transformations, mapplets, reusable sessions, worklets, tasks, workflows, Version Control, Parameter files, batch process, and schedulers
- Strong knowledge in logical/physical data modeling (LDM/PDM) with normalized/De - normalized databases on both OLTP/OLAP environments using Erwin 3.5/4.0
- Expertise in writing complex SQL, PL/SQL, joins, views, stored procedures, functions, and triggers
- Hands on experience with different databases like Oracle 10g/9i/8i, Sql Server 2008/2005, DB2, and MS Access
- Excellent knowledge of UNIX environment with strong knowledge of Shell Scripting
- Experience in Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, UAT Testing, Regression Testing, and Performance Testing
- Proficient in understanding business processes/requirements and translating them into technical requirements
- Can work independently or part of a team with strong leadership, planning, execution and mentoring skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team organizing skills
Data Warehousing: Informatica Power Center 9.0/8.x/7.x, Power Mart, Power Exchange, OLAP, OLTP, SQL*PLUS, SQL Loader
Data Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Galaxy Schema, Erwin 3.5/4
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, DB2, MS Sql Server 2008/2005, Sybase, MS Access and Teradata
Methodologies: Object Oriented Concepts, Reverse Engineering, Dimension Data modeling Concepts, XML
Programming: C, C++, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, HTML, DHTML
Others: TOAD 9.x/10.x/11.x, SQL Loader, ODBC, Autosys, HP Quality Center
Environment: Unix/Linux, Sun Solaris, Windows XP/2000/NT/9x
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Involved in source data analysis and development of high level design document for data movement
- Involved in writing load, extract and transform scripts.
- Imported Source definitions from Flat Files, Oracle DB, Imported/Created Target definitions and created Reusable Transformations, and mapplets.
- Analyzed and recommended the creation of a staging area before building the DataWarehouse.
- Developed Transformation Logic to cleanse source data of inconsistencies before loading the data into stagingarea which is the source for stage loading.
- Developed transformations to implement complex business logic.
- Extensively worked on Connected&UnconnectedLookups, Joiner, Router, Expressions, SourceQualifier, Aggregator, Filter, SequenceGenerator,Update Strategy etc.
- Implemented Type 1 and Type 2 slowly changing dimensions.
- Updated the mapping logic according to changes in the requirements.
- Used WorkflowManager/PMCMD to schedule and run batches, sessions, as well as to check session logs and other session related activities.
- Generated Unit Test Plans and related documents, involved in unit testing of entire process flow.
- Shared the development effort to design the audit control mechanism to track defects.
- Promptly resolved and gave explanations for defects assigned from business users as well QA team through QualityCenter.
- Checked Sessions and error logs to troubleshoot problems and also used debugger for complex problem troubleshooting.
- Created and Configured Sessions to load the data in to target tables.
- Identified and fixed bottlenecks and tuned the complex Informatica mappings for better Performance.
- Responsible for verification of production scripts, troubleshooting the failed scripts in production
- Extensively worked in the performance tuning of the ETL processes.
- Performed unit testing, and helped with integration, concurrency, regression and stress testing.
- Wrote documentation to describe development, business logic, coding and testing.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Loader, Erwin, Autosys, HP Quality Center, Windows,and UNIX
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Involved in acquiring business & technical requirements, customizations aspects to meet the warehouse requirements.
- Involved developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Informatica Power Center.
- Worked on Power Center client tools: Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer and Transformation Developer.
- Developed various Mappings, mapplets using Informatica Designer.
- Created reusable worklets, mapplets, and transformations embedding business logic.
- Extensively used connected/unconnected Lookups, Filter, Router, Aggregator, Expression, Update strategy and Rank Transformation
- Configured session properties and target options for better performance
- Developed mappings that incorporated logic needed to handle inserts and updates to the existing targets
- Created Informatica mappings with PL/SQL Procedures and Functions to build business rules to load data.
- Created batches and sessions and optimizing the loading process with partitioning and caching.
- Involved in Writing Shell scripts to automate Pre-Session and Post-Sessions Processes.
- Performance Tuning of sources, targets, mappings and SQL queries in Transformation.
- Involved in the process in documentation of source-to-target documentation design documentation of the Data Warehouse Dimensional Upgrades.
- Involved in different Team review meetings.
- Involved in Unit Testing and tuned for better performance.
- Used SQL*Loader for loading bulk data from flat files.
- Worked extensively on SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting.
- Extensively used Database triggers, PL/SQL procedures, packages and functions while developing forms.
- Used parallel processing capabilities and Session-Partitioning and Target Table partitioning utilities.
- Executed workflows using the pmcmd commands.
- Used session and workflow error logs to debug the session and find problems in the mapping.
- Used Debugger to create debug sessions and break points to test the mappings developed
Environment: Informatica 8.6 (Power Center, Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, and Admin), Oracle 10g/9i, SQL, PL/SQL, DB2, TOAD, Autosys, Windows, UNIX
Confidential, San Jose,CA
- Involved in business analysis and technical design sessions with business and technical staff to develop data models, requirements document, and ETL specifications.
- Involved in upgrading the informatica metadata from V7.1.4 to V8.6 HotFix4.
- Responsible for using informatica parameters and variables in effectively developing mappings and change capture process.
- Extracted the data from SQL Server, Oracle into Data warehouse.
- Reported the performance issues with the help of Explain plan generated by the Query optimizer by checking the confidence-level on a table. Identifying the product joins when the confidence level is low, asking the development team to change the PI and if any.
- Responsible for designing, developing and implementing the ETL process which include the incremental load strategy, full load and disaster recovery
- Responsible for creating user groups, privileges to the users using repository manager.
- Developed automated scripts for migration of the ETL processes from one environment to the other.
- Uploaded the code into PVCS for migration into QA and later to production environment
- Developed Informatica mappings for Type 1, Type 2 Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Responsible for developing mapplets to implement the reusable logic.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the informatica tasks and performance related issues and data issues using the session logs, debugger and performance indicators provided by informatica.
- Responsible for creating shell scripts to invoke the informatica workflows through command line.
- Extensively used transformations like Joiner, Expression, Connected/Unconnected lookups, and Filter, Aggregator, Rank, Update, Router, Stored Procedure, Normalizer and Sequence generator
- Scheduled ETL processes using a third party tool called dollar U.
Environment: Informatica 8.1, Oracle 10g, Erwin 4.0, SQL, PL/SQL, Sun Solaris, TOAD and Windows NT/2000
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Used Informatica Designer for developing mappings using transformations, which includes aggregation, Update strategy, lookup, stored procedure.
- Extracted the data from Sybase, Oracle, Files, and Access into Data warehouse.
- Studied the existing OLTP system(s) and Created facts, dimensions and star schema representation for the data mart.
- Used Informatica Power mart 6.2 for extracting data from heterogeneous source systems.
- Utilized Unconnected Lookup to update slowly changing dimensions.
- Developed and Monitored Tasks and Workflows using Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Fine tuned transformations and workflows for better performance.
- Scheduled the batches comprising of different Tasks in order to load data into Target database.
- Assisted in logical and physical data modeling using ERWIN 4.0.
- Created various folders, users and assigned permissions to them accordingly in Repository Manager.
- Updated and administered the security privileges for the user profiles in Repository Manager.
- Implemented various mappings to transform data from source to target files in Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer and Mapping Designer in Informatica Designer.
- Created various mappings like Update Strategy, Look up, Sequence Generator, expression, Aggregator, XML, Stored Procedure and tested the mappings for data verification in Designer.
- Created workflows and tasks in Workflow Manager and linked the database through server setup and various other connections.
- Analyzed the session logs, bad files and error tables for troubleshooting mappings and sessions.
- Undertook installation and upgradation of various versions of Informatica.
- Implemented slowly changing dimension methodology and slowly growing targets methodology for modifying and updating account information and accessing them.
- Worked with Type 1 and Type2 Dimensions and Datawarehousing Change Data Capture (CDC).
- Worked on TOAD and BTEQ for Oracle and Teradata database systems for creation of Ad-hoc queries and for improving various performance issues.
- Wrote shell scripts to backup the log files in QA and Production.
- Worked with complex reports in Report Studio using master-detail relationship, drill through, drill up and drill down, burst options, and PROMPTS.
- Scheduled reports using Cognos scheduler as needed.
- Created dashboards for a managerial overview with drill up and drill down capabilities
Environment: Informatica Powercenter6.2, BusinessObjects5.1, Web Intelligence 2.6, PL/SQL, XML, Sybase, Oracle9i, Windows NT, XML, MS SQLServer2000, UNIX-HP, Windows NT 4.0.
- Involved in the entire System development life cycle (SDLC) of the project
- Created Entity relationship diagrams (ERD), Function relationship diagrams, data flow diagrams (DFD) and enforced all referential integrity constraints using Oracle Designer.
- Involved in the creation of schema objects like indexes, views, stored procedures and synonyms.
- Involved in the analysis of how the purchase order process was organized.
- Created database tables with referential integrity and developed queries using SQL, SQL*PLUS and PL/SQL procedures.
- Involved in writing Triggers which internally called procedures and functions.
- Involved in testing the database for queries that were generated and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Involved in documenting the entire technical process.
- Supported technical teams involved with ORACLE issues and operations.
- Involved in the maintenance of the database.
Environment: Oracle 8i, SQL Plus, SQL Loader, Oracle Designer, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, UNIX and Windows OS
- Analysis of Source, Requirement, existing OLTP system and Identification of required dimensions and facts from the Database.
- Loaded OLTP Data from oracle tables into the OLAP Data Warehouse for further analysis and reporting
- Wrote several reusable components like reusable transformations, mapplets, sessions, and worklets to improve code reusability and for easy maintenance
- Wrote several SQL, PL/SQL procedures, functions, and indexes
- Developed data conversion, integration, loading and verification specifications and design of a Mapping Specification and creating multidimensional models.
- Setting of Error Logic for streamlining and automating the data loads for cleansing and trapping incorrect data on staging servers and then loading it to the data warehouse and Populating the warehouse.
- Creating Sessions and batch management and Performance Tuning and initial testing followed by the volume testing Resolve technical issues with consultants and vendors.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.x, Oracle 8i, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, Erwin, HP UNIX, and Crystal Reports tool.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes