- Over 8 years of ETL and Database experience in developing ETL mappings using ETL tool experience in using Informatica Client tools: PowerCenter Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager.
- Experience in data warehouse development life cycle including Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) on various platforms like WINDOWS /XP/2000, UNIX.
- Extensive knowledge in dimensional data modeling, star schema, snowflake schema, fact and dimension tables and process mapping using the top - down and bottom-up approach.
- Extensively worked in the Performance tuning of the SQL and ETL processes.
- Experience in coding using SQL Server and TOAD.
- Experience in Designing and developing mappings from various transformation logics like, Source Qualifier, Unconnected and Connected lookups, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Union, Joiner, Transaction Control and Update Strategy.
- Good knowledge of implementing Slowly Changing Dimensions (Type1, Type2) mappings.
- Scheduling the sessions to extract, transform and load data into warehouse database depending on the business requirements.
- Experience in integration of various data sources from Databases like ORACLE, SQL Server and formats like FLAT-files.
- Extensively executed SQL queries on ORACLE using TOAD and SQL Assistant in order to view successful transaction of data and to validate data.
- Responsible for Unit testing of mappings and workflows.
- Good knowledge on COGNOS reporting tool.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Reliable, proactive, adaptable, responsible, hardworking, ethical and good team player.
ETL Tools and Reporting Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 9.1/8.6/8.1/7.1, Informatica Power Exchange.
RDBMS: SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Oracle11g/10g/9i/8i, Teradata, IBM DB2, UDB 8.1/7.0
Data Modeling: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, MS Access 7.0/2000.
Tools: Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow Flake Modeling, Erwin 3/ 4/4.1
Languages: Toad, PL/SQL developer, Dbvisualizer, Clear Quest, clearcase, Quest Central for DB2
Operating Systems: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, C, Visual Basic, Java, XML.
- Interact with business analyst, ETL team lead, and data base admin to gather information and to collect business requirements to develop Informatica mappings.
- Learned the compay’s EDW architecture which consists of sources, middleware, staging area, data warehouse, and reporting tools.
- Designed, developed Informatica 9.0.1 mappings to extract, transform and load the data into Oracle 11g target tables.
- Documented all mappings, crested effective test cases by performing unit testing and Integration testing to ensure the successful execution of data loading process.
- Analyzed session log files if the session failed and resolved the errors.
- Associated with production support team in various performances related issues.
- Extensively worked on Informatica tools like source analyzer, mapping designer, workflow manager, workflow monitor, mapplets, worklets and repository manager.
- Used Debugger in Informatica Power Center Designer to check the errors in mapping
- Deeply involved n auditing of rejected data during the ETL process in production, development and testing environments.
- Made relative corrections in existing mapping to fix the rejection during the ETL process.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0/.6, Erwin 7.2/4.5, Business Objects XI, Unix Shell Scripting, XML, Oracle 11g/10g, DB2 8.0, MS Excel, Flat Files, SQL Server 2008/2005, PL/SQL, Windows NT 4.0, Sun Solaris 2.6.
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Analyzed the source systems which include order processing system, quote system etc.
- Consolidated, Cleansed, Integrated, ETL, and customized the data.
- Involved in Data Modeling and populating the business rules using mappings into the Repository for Meta Data management.
- Extensively involved in Design of ETL Architecture the the Analysis, Design and Modeling. Extensively used Erwin for data modeling and Dimensional Data Modeling and Designed Schemas.
- Design the ETL architecture and Source to Target mapping to load data into Data warehouse.
- Extensively worked on the performance tuning of the Informatica PowerCenter Mappings as well as the tuning of the sessions.
- Involved in design and development of complex ETL mappings and stored procedures in an optimized manner. Used Power exchange for mainframe sources.
- Optimized Query Performance, Session Performance and Reliability.
- Developed test plans for unit testing and integration testing. Perform QA testing.
- Developed data conversion, integration, loading and verification specifications.
- Used Teradata SQL Assistant to run the SQL queries and validate the data.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0.1, Erwin,Teradata, Tidal, SQL Assistance, DB2, XML, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MQ Series, OBIEE 10.1.3.2, Toad and UNIX Shell Scripts.
Confidential, Irving TX
- Involved in full project life cycle - from analysis to production implementation and support with emphasis on identifying the source and source data validation, developing particular logic and transformation as per the requirement and creating mappings and loading the data into BI database.
- Based on the business requirements created Functional design documents and Technical design specification documents for ETL Process.
- Designing and developing ETL solutions in Informatica Power Center 8.1
- Designing ETL process and creation of ETL design and system design documents.
- Developing code to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from inbound flat files and various databases into various outbound files using complex business logic.
- Created automated shell scripts to transfer files among servers using FTP, SFTPprotocols and download files.
- Developed Informatica mappings, enabling the ETL process for large volumes of data into target tables.
- Designed and developed process to handle high volumes of data and high volumes of data loading in a given SLA.
- Created Workflow, Worklets and Tasks to schedule the loads at required frequency using Informatica scheduling tool.
- Expertise in creating control files to define job dependencies and for scheduling using Informatica.
- Involved in jobs scheduling, monitoring and production support in a 24/7 environment.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1, ETL, Business Objects, Oracle 10g/9i/8i, HP - Unix, PL/SQL.
- Involved in requirement gatherings and analyzing BRDs and worked with system analysts to create source to target documents.
- Analyzed data in source databases before loading into data warehouse and created technical documents according to BRD.
- Created complex mappings using technical documents and loaded data into various data bases.
- Used dynamic cache in lookups and created slowly changing dimensions according to the requirements.
- Developed mappings involving complex business logic using mapping parameters, mapping variables and unconnected lookups SQL overrides, Normalizer, Union etc.,
- Wrote pre and post session SQL scripts while loading data in Oracle data base.
- Identified bottlenecks at mapping level using debugger and resolved them to increase performance.
- Optimized performance of mappings by using appropriate transformations like source qualifier, aggregator, connected lookups etc.,
- Worked with data architects in analyzing loaded data in data base and modified transformation logic if necessary
- Created pre-session and post-session shell scripts and e-mail notifications.
- Optimized Query performance and DTM buffer size, Buffer Block Size to tune session performance
- Used Parameter files to initialize workflow variables, Mapping parameters and mapping variables and used system variables in mappings for filtering records in mappings.
- Performed data validation, reconciliation and error handling in the load process.
- Created, optimized, reviewed, and executed SQL test queries to validate transformation rules used in source to target mappings/source views, and to verify data in target tables.
- Developed and executed test cases for Integration and system testing and documented them along with technical documents.
- Involved in migrating informatica code from 8.6 version to 9.0.1.
- Worked with QA team to to resolve and analyze defects in different Tiers.
- Communicated with external vendors to educate them on our data warehouse and provided required documents.
- Optimized the performance of queries by removing unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins and created indexes wherever necessary
- Worked with back end Database Administrators to provide requirements for necessary back end tables.
Environment: Informatica - Power Center 8.1, Power Exchange 8.1.2, DB2 8.2, Mainframes, SQL, UNIX Shell Script.
- Worked on Informatica - Source Analyzer, Data Warehousing Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet and Transformations.
- Involved in the development of Informatica mappings and also tuned them for better performance.
- Involved in designing the procedures for getting the data from all systems to Data Warehousing system. The data was standardized to store various business units in tables.
- Created Informatica mappings with PL/SQL procedures/functions to build business rules to load data.
- Used most of the transformations such as the Source Qualifier, Aggregators, Connected & Unconnected lookups, Filters & Sequence.
- Extensively used ETL to load data from MS SQL Server 7.0, Oracle 8i, Sybase and flat files to DB2.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, SQL Server, MS SQL Server 7.0, Oracle8i,Sybase, flat files, DB2
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes