- Around 6 years of work experience in developing large-scale Data warehouse projects, including Data Profiling, Data Modeling, Data Migration, Database Design and Development, Integration, Testing, SDLC, Project Management and Production Support.
- Core competency in Business Requirement Analysis, Modeling, Design, Development, Testing, Supporting and Documentation in the field of Data Warehouse.
- An expert in the ETL tool Informatica which includes components like Power Center, Power Exchange, Power Connect, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor.
- Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling experience, Star Schema, Snowflake modeling, FACT Dimensions tables, Physical logical data modeling using ERWIN.
- Experience in working with Oracle, SQL Server and DB2 databases.
- Experience in integration of data sources like Oracle 11G, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server, Flat Files.
- Experience in using Informatica Utilities like Pushdown optimization, Partition and implemented slowly changing dimensions Type1, Type2 methodology for accessing the full history of accounts and transaction information.
- Experience in testing mappings in Informatica Power center and reports in Business Objects.
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, Crystal reports and Unix Shell Scripting and working knowledge of various platforms like Windows NT/XP/2000/98, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, and Unix-AIX .
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC , Data warehousing concepts and RDBMS concepts.
- Experience in Administration activities like Creating and Managing Repositories, Users, User Groups, Folders, Working with administrator functions of Repository Manager.
- Strong Understanding of Data Warehouse concepts, ETL, OLAP, OLTP, Star Schema, Snowflake, AS-IS TO-BE models, KPI's, BPM, FACT Dimensions tables, Conceptual, Physical Logical Data Modeling. Providing ongoing troubleshoot and support for maintenance and enhancing the applications to meet the changing business requirements through a Change Management process.
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration, of Informatica PowerCenter on Client/Server environment. Experience in Debugging/Optimizing/Tuning Informatica 9.x, 8.x, 7.x mappings for better Understand the business rules completely based on High Level document specifications and implements the data transformation methodologies.
- Experience in creating Reusable Transformations Joiner, Sorter, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Router, Filter, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Normalizer and Rank and processing tasks using Workflow Manager to move data from multiple sources into targets.
- Performed system Analysis and QA testing and involved in Production Support.
- Extensive experience in writing PLSQL, Stored Procedures, Packages, Views, Synonyms, and Triggers.
- ETL Tools : Informatica 9.x/8.x/7.x Power Center/Power Mart/Power Exchange Designer, Transformations, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Source Analyzer, Repository Manager, Mapping Designer, Mapplets Power Analyzer, OLAP, OLTP.
- Data Modeling : Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snowflake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling, Erwin.
- Databases : Oracle10g/9i, MS SQL Server 2008 / 2005, DB2, MS Access, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Plus.
- Reporting Tool : Business Objects XI 3.1/6.1, Crystal Reports
- Operating System : UNIX, Windows.
- Programming : SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, HTML, C, C .
ETL / Informatica Developer
- Worked with Business Analysts and Team Leads for requirements gathering.
- Involved in Preparing Mapping design documents, ETL Designs.
- Developed new mappings with reusable transformations and mapplets based on business requirements.
- Developed complex mappings for data integration based on business requirement and logic.
- Worked on existing mappings to add the new codes.
- Performed unit testing and helped SIT/UAT team to setup the data for testing.
- Profoundly worked analyzing and fixing the 'code defects' raised from SIT/UAT resources.
- Closely worked with the database developer to ensure the database changes are implemented as per the requirement.
- Participating daily stand-up calls with team members located in Brazil and India to discuss daily progress, plans, and technical issues.
- Involved in designing and developing ETL processes using Informatica ETL tool to read the data from XML source system and stage at SQL server database to perform transformation activity and load into Oracle database.
- Developed complex transformations like 'transaction control', Java, etc.
- Worked on data validation and error handling process within the Informatica.
- Preparing internal Release Notes for weekly build.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.x, Oracle, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Flat files, HPALM
ETL / Informatica Developer
- Designed and developed mapping, transformation logic and processes in Informatica for implementing business rules and standardization of source data from multiple systems into the data warehouse.
- Extracting and transforming data from Flat Files, SQL Server and then loading into Oracle database using Informatica.
- Widely used the Informatica Power Center Client Tools like Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor Repository Manager.
- Extensively used Major transformations using Power Center Designer like Source Qualifier, Lookup, Expression, Aggregator, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, etc
- Involved in review of the mappings and enhancements for better optimization of the Informatica mappings, sessions and workflows.
- Gather requirements from business users to build new Data Warehouse applications
- Coordinate multiple architects responsible for development, integration, administration, and evolution of the data warehouse
- Develop standards and processes to insure best practices in development and operations
- Communicate physical database designs to database administrator
- Work with business requirements analyst to identify and understand source systems
- Prepare design document for the data flow from Offer, EB, CTO, Platform, OLM and cross channel
- Led a team of offshore resources.
- Map source system data to data warehouse models
- Define metadata associated with ETL processes
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate change in source systems and new business user requirements
- Work with Project Manager to identify tasks and timelines for projects.
- Create documentation/release notes for each release.
- Ensure quality deliverables through unit testing, regression testing and other quality control processes.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.x, Oracle, Control M, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Flat files, UNIX shell scripting, Windows, Toad
ETL / Informatica Developer
- Worked with business and data analysts during requirements gathering to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Coordinated with Data modeling team and architect team to close the Mapping Spec and source to target mapping related queries.
- Understand and discuss the ETL requirements with the Business Unit and preparing the detail design documentation according to the standards.
- Prepare design document for the data flow from Extract team to the ADS or ODS tables.
- Responsible for developing Mappings for Membership and Medical Claims Subject Area.
- Responsible for developing Mappings to load aggregate tables for reporting ease.
- Responsible for unit testing and unit test cases preparation.
- Perform code Reviews and Internal Quality checks on mappings created by the team.
- Responsibility to create documentation/release notes for each release.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.x, Oracle, SQL Loader, CVS, PL/SQL
DW-ETL / Informatica Developer
- Worked closely with the end users in writing the functional specifications based on the business needs.
- Participated in data modeling logical and physical for designing the Data Marts for finance, Sales, Billing.
- Developed standards and procedures for transformation of data as it moves from source systems to the data warehouse.
- Created Technical design specification documents based on the functional design documents and the physical data model.
- Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL Extract, Transform and Load processes using Informatica power center.
- Understanding the domain and nodes as well as by using the Informatica integration service to run the workflows.
- Tuning the complex mappings based on source, target and mapping, session level
- Extensively used transformations like router, aggregator, lookup, source qualifier, joiner, expression, aggregator and sequence generator transformations in extracting data in compliance with the business logic developed.
- Involved in performance and tuning the ETL processes.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environments of ODS and DWH.
- Debugging invalid mappings using break points, testing of stored procedures and functions, testing of Informatica sessions, batches and the target Data.
- Developed shell scripts, PL/SQL procedures, for creating/dropping of table and indexes of performance for pre and post session management.
Environment: Informatica power center 7.x, Oracle, SQL Server, Erwin, UNIX, PL/SQL, SQL.