- An accomplished Information Technology Professional with over 16 years of specialized experience in Data Architecture, analysis, design, implementation and management of Big Data/Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence systems. Demonstrated and/or proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and lead complete project life cycles, from initial planning and needs determination to final testing and deployment. Experience working across many verticals Retail, Banking, Finance .
- I am organized and committed to my project, team, peers, and management. I convey thoroughness persistence in my work, pay in-depth attention to technical detail, and focused on long-term goals. I am frequently assigned to difficult, behind-schedule projects because of my ability to achieve project objectives and get the job done.
To find new challenges in leading Data Warehousing projects that allows me to leverage my unique talents and skills in interesting and useful ways to bring the best of all I have learned and developed over the years to new companies, enabling them to get the most benefit out of their data.
- Progressive experience driving data requirements and delivering data model/data design from ideation through implementation.
- Technical expert on the project to liaison between Business and Technical teams.
- Engineered Enterprise Conceptual and Logical data model using the industry models.
- Hands on experience in analyzing, data profiling, developing complex data models for operational and data warehouse applications.
- Extensive experience with delivering large database design solution in excess of 300 terabytes for Teradata 14, Oracle11, SQL Server 2012 and DB2 databases.
- In depth knowledge of normalized, dimensional and entity relationship data modeling.
- Managed development of ETL specification to document source to target data mapping rules for movement of medium to high complexity data between applications.
- Involved in hiring, grooming and mentoring team mates within the firm. Coached group size > 5 team with the development plan and conducted annual review.
- Experienced in working with global delivery model comprising of cross functional teams across USA and Asia Pacific India and Philippines from multiple vendors.
Senior Data Architect
Environment: ERwin, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Data Stage, Micro Strategy, Cloudera, Cassendra
- Managed data architecture solution in merchandising Item and Vendor space to transform company into one stop destination regardless of shopping channel. Program is expected to generate several multimillion dollars in revenue and successfully help compete against the online competitors.
- Designed enterprise data models for key business portfolios which improved project delivery efficiency by 15 .
- Managed data architecture design and review processes, including planning and monitoring efforts, reviewing deliverables and communicating to management.
- Overall lead to deliver Customer Analytical data warehouse solution by offering right promotion using the appropriate communication method. Program is expected to increase customer satisfaction by 20 and bring additional revenue.
- Assisted leadership team to craft vision and road map for data analysis, data design and data modeling team. As a result team was able to deliver 2 times more with same number of resources.
- Delivered data model solution using agile methodology to facilitate data requirement and data model design sessions which improved the project delivery by 15 .
- Working on Big Data POC initiatives to offload resource constraints on the existing Enterprise Data Warehousing system. Effort is expected to save several millions of dollars and increase the processing capacity by 15-20 .
Senior Data Architect
Enterprise Data Architect
Environment: Sybase Power Designer, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, Informatica, Business Objects
- Facilitated Market place program from data architecture perspective to deliver solution with multi-vendor sourcing expanded seller network enhancements to customer experience on bestbuy.com.
- Directed effort to build 300 KPI to measure business from 2000 metrics. Effort saved multi-million dollars by delivering single definition of metrics and effective measurement of the state of business.
- Conducted JAD session to develop Master Data Management MDM strategy for Vendor. Effort replaced 4 disparate sources into one centralized solution resulted in lower total cost of ownership by 20 .
- Developed canonical models for location, item and vendor using the OAGIS standards which resulted in streamlining of information shared across the enterprise. This resulted in a savings of several thousands of dollars.
- Championed efforts to define enterprise archive/purge strategy by closely working with Legal and Litigation teams for 10 systems. Efforts significantly helped reduce the liability and saved multi millions of dollars.
- Served as Data Warehouse Architect to deliver semantic layer that enabled reporting and retail ad-hoc analytics using single tool. Effort increased the productivity by 15 .
- Managed the overall budget, resource acquisition, resource allocation and resource balancing of the projects for Best Buy legal team.
- Implemented standardization of several data governance processes: data architecture standards, data model reviews and enforcement of data quality standards that improved the utilization of data usage by 20 .
- Led cross functional teams including customer and vendor teams peak time size > 10 for delivery management of large scale global implementation projects in a Global Delivery Model Onsite / Offshore .
Senior Technical Lead
- Initiated efforts to design and deliver Diagnostic Toolkit solution to provide a one-stop-info-shop of action-oriented easily accessible operational measures to support Store leadership. Delivered cutting edge performance by using some of the latest technologies which improved productivity by 20 .
- Acted as a team lead for a group of 7 members, coached and coordinated the efforts of onsite and offsite team members offering support in staffing and other administrative tasks.
Technical Lead, Retention
- Designed strategy for developments of data warehouse processes that improved the customer retention by 10 .
- Provided technical leadership to the development team.
- Spearheaded development effort using, PL/SQL packages, functions, Database Triggers, Pro C etc.
Secured Card Tracking
- Developed Secured Card Tracking system to track applications for Secured credit cards. System was used to accept and track application request from the prospective customer.
- Identified new opportunities to improve the application functionality.
Confidential Technical Lead
- Directed development of dashboard solution to monitor state of business. Effort improved the productivity by 25 .
- Led effort to develop ETL process using Informatica and Oracle and also assisted with reporting solution.
- Confidential Managed design effort for replicated call center solution across 4 different call centers in different regions which generated several million dollar in revenue.
- Developed Data flow diagrams and preparation of ER diagrams using ERwin.
Senior Developer, World Wide Pricing
- Delivered web based worldwide pricing system which saved millions of dollars and improved productivity by 15 .
- Helped with the stabilization process after implementation and provided on-site support to resolve day-to-day issues.