- Around 8 years of IT experience and extensive involvement in Analysis and Design, Implementation, Maintenance, Production Support and Knowledge Transfer.
- Expertise Data Warehouse tasks such as initiation, requirements, design, data modeling, build, test and operate
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling using Star and Snow Flake schema, identifying Facts and Dimensions, Physical and logical data modeling.
- Experience in Installation and configuration of Informatica Power Center 7.x/8.x/9.x and creating Mappings, Mapplets, Sessions and Workflows.
- Extensively used Informatica PowerCenter client tools like Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager
- Proficiency in creating database objects like Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Indexes, Triggers and Functions.
- Experience in migrating tools, applications, users from one Security domain to another.
- Experience in setting up the security and configurations for Informatica environments/domains.
- Experience in implementing several reusable scripts which include Informatica service Monitoring, Backups, Generic workflow script, server monitoring scripts.
- Worked with Power Exchange in conjunction with PowerCenter to extract, transform and apply the captured change data to target tables or files.
- Worked with different transformations such asSource Qualifier, Joiner, Expression, Aggregator, Rank, Lookups, Filters, Stored Procedures, Update Strategy and Sequence Generator.
- Good understanding of relational database management systems (RDBMS) like Oracle, Teradata and SQL Server.
- Extensively worked on developingInformaticaMappings, Mapplets, Sessions, Workflows and Worklets for data loads from various sources such as Oracle, Flat Files, Teradata, SQL Server etc.
- Experienced in using the Oracle SQL* Loader for loading the data from Flat Files to DB tables for Bulk Loading.
- Extensively worked with various Teradata Client Utilities like Multi Load, Fast Load, Fast Export, TPump, Teradata Parallel Transport (TPT) etc.
- Worked extensively with Slowly Changing Dimensions (Type2 and Type3).
- Worked with running parallel sessions and executing optimal session partitions for increased speed and efficiency of the data transfer process.
- Experience in working with UNIX shell scripts to automate the activities like start, stop, and abort the Informatica workflows by using PMCMD command in it.
- Expertise in SQL, PL/SQL, Procedures/Functions and Triggers.
- Experience in tuning mappings, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings, and sessions.
- Experience in resolving on - going maintenance issues and monitoring Informatica sessions.
- Extensive experience in implementation of data cleanup procedures, transformations, Shell Scripting, Stored Procedures and execution of test plans for loading the data successfully into the targets.
- Provided production support to the system and handle production queries/defects.
- Provided on call support during production job runs and rotation basis maintenance.
- Experience in creating test cases and driving SIT and UAT.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills with a proven ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
Database Tools: SQL Developer, TOAD, Data Loader, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MS SQL server 7.0/2005/2008, Teradata, Sybase, MY SQL
Operating systems: Linux, UNIX, Windows
Programming Languages/Scripting: C,C++, SQL,PL/SQL, HTML, CSS, XML, JAVA, UNIX
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr Informatica Consultant
- Worked with the various Business teams to understand the client legacy systems.
- Documented data sources and transformation rules required to populate and maintain Data Warehouse content.
- Created Technical Design Document (TDD) for the Informatica and Database objects.
- Designed the mappings, workflows as per the client’s build guidelines/coding standards.
- Created repositories, folders, and users for the development, staging, and production environment.
- Designed complex mappings using various Transformations like Aggregator, Expression, Filter, Joiner, Lookup, Source Qualifier, Stored Procedure, Router, Update Strategy, Union, Transaction Control, SQL etc.,
- Designed and Developed Informatica Mappings from Scratch to Load the Data from Source System to Target system.
- Responsible for Onsite-Offshore co-ordination during Build and Test phases.
- Used Workflow Manager for creating, validating, testing and running the sequential and concurrent sessions.
- Designed, Developed and Supported Extraction, Transformation and Load Process (ETL) for data migration with Informatica Power Center.
- Extensively worked with various Look up Caches like Static, Dynamic, Persistent, and Shared Caches.
- Created various database objects such as Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes and Views for data manipulation.
- Used pre-session and post-session scripts for disabling and enabling indexes before and after loading data into target table to optimize performance.
- Created Workflows with Command Tasks, Worklets, Decision, Event Wait and Monitored sessions by using workflow monitor.
- Implemented the SCD Type - II to insert or update the target tables with the process start date and end date.
- Designed and developed Oracle PL/SQL, Data Import/Export, Data Conversions and Data Cleansing.
- Worked on Oracle analytical functions and Case Statements in Lookup SQL Override to assign sequence number based on a particular logic and transforming rows into columns like Amounts, Descriptions etc.
- Extensively used ETL processes to load data from flat files into the target database by applying business logic on transformation mapping for inserting and updating records when loaded.
- Worked with Informatica for Oracle E-Business Suite/11i to stage the key data points in staging data base for validation before loading the legacy data into Open Interface Tables for Oracle ERP.
- Created PL/SQL procedures to speed the data validation process that checks for things like duplicate records, record count within expected range etc.
- Automated Quality Check tasks by creating PL/SQL procedures, cursors, functions and dynamic SQL and enhanced it with creating exceptions for error handling.
- Developed processes on both Teradata and Oracle using shell scripting and RDBMS utilities such as Multi Load, Fast Load, Fast Export, BTEQ (Teradata) and SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader (Oracle).
- Enhanced knowledge on Teradata new features like Teradata Wallet, Temporal tables, Columnar, Block Level Compression, Unity, Multi Valued Compression etc.
- Collected the Stats in Teradata for all the queries after every refresh of the DB for improving the query performance.
- Teradata views have been developed against the Departmental database and claims engine database to get the required data.
- Identify and track the Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) by using CDC logic (Change Data Capture) for the SCD tables loading in Oracle.
- Designed and implemented processes using parameter file to override mapping parameter, mapping variables, workflow variables, session parameters and source-target application connection parameters.
- Implemented Performance tuning and optimization techniques to identify and rectify the performance bottlenecks.
- Performed data validation of the fact and dimension tables on targets and supported various Test cases and Executions.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using SQL and Informatica Data Explorer on various sources systems including Oracle and Teradata.
- Responsible for migrating the new and changed Informatica objects from development to test environment.
- Created Migration Documents cutover plan for the Informatica and Database projects.
- Utilized debugger functionality in designer to test the mapping and fix the code.
- Executed test cases and resolved the issues identified SIT and UAT.
- Worked on UNIX scripting for various file/data operations.
Environment: InformaticaPowerCenter 9.6.1(Power Center, Designer, Workflow Manager, Administrator and Repository Manager), Teradata, Fast Load, Multi Load, Oracle BI Apps 7.9.6.x, Oracle 11g,OBIA 126.96.36.199, PL/SQL, MS Office tools, UNIX.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Involved in the Study of the business logic and coordinate with the client to gather the requirements.
- Created technical specification documents like system design and detail design documents for the development ofInformaticaExtraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mappings.
- Designed and developed ETL process usingInformaticatool to load data from wide range of sources such as Oracle, SQL Server, XML and Flat Files.
- Used Repository Manager to create user groups and user profiles with privileges of Administrator and setting up the security for creating user groups and assigning privileges.
- Based on the logic, developed various mappings & mapplets to load data from various sources using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Filter Expression, Lookup, Router, Update strategy, Sorter, Lookup, Aggregator, Joiner, SQL transformations in the mapping.
- Created mappings, which include the Error Handling Logic being implemented to create an error, ok flags and an error message depending on the source data and the lookup outputs.
- Created the Migration document and listed out the objects related to Informatica and Database that needs to be migrated to Production as per Release Management.
- Developed and implementedInformaticaparameter files to filter the daily data from the source system.
- Used SQL overrides in source qualifiers with appropriate schema names for extracting only the required rows for optimal performance.
- Created PL/SQL procedures to speed the data validation process that checks for things like duplicate records, record count within expected range etc.
- Implemented complex expressions in expression transformations and tested the queries thoroughly for integrity and identifying data errors.
- Developed processes for automation of loading data using parameter driven sessions for various workflows, verification and re-conciliation of data stored in several different source systems.
- Created mappings in the designer to implement Type 2 SCD.
- Fine-tuned the mappings by analyzing data flow and worked with Memory cache for static and dynamic cache for the better throughput of sessions containing Lookup, Joiner and Aggregator transformations.
- Responsible for migrating the folders or mappings and sessions from development to test environment and Created Migration Documents to move the code from one Environment to other Environment.
- DevelopedInformaticaparameter files to filter the daily source data.
- Worked with Stored Procedure Transformation for time zone conversions.
- Created UNIX scripts to transfer (FTP) the files from Windows server to the specified location in UNIX server.
- Created UNIX scripts to automate the activities like start, stop and abort the Informatica workflows by using PMCMD command in it.
- Created batch scripts on windows server to archive and delete the files and run these scripts using Autosys.
- Increased Code Reusability using shortcuts, Mapplets, Reusable Transformations, Re-Used mappings, Reusable Sessions and Work lets to reduce redundancy in code.
- Designed Sequential Workflow using Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor for the whole process
- Created Oracle Stored Procedure to implement complex business logic for good performance and called fromInformaticausing Stored Procedure Transformation.
- Created Materialized view to summarize the data based on the user requirement to improve the Business Objects report queries performance.
- Extensively involved in testing the system from beginning to end to ensure if the data loaded into target is accurate.
- Monitored the daily Incremental Loads in Production environment and fix any issues during the Load.
Environment: Informatica 9.5.1, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, TOAD, UNIX, Data Modeling, Data Loader, MS office tools.
- Worked with Functional and Project leads and other business groups to identify, analyze, and document the business requirements.
- Extensively worked on Informatica tools like Designer, Workflow Manager & Workflow Monitor.
- Created mappings using Power Center Workflow Manager to extract data from different database sources like Oracle, flat files, Mainframe files to load data to target Oracle database.
- Analyzed business process workflows and assisted in the development of ETL procedures for moving data from source to target systems
- Used Transformations like Aggregator, Joiner, Normalizer, Rank, Sequence Generator, SQL, Informatica B2B, Update Strategy, Unconnected Lookup, Union, XML Transformations, etc.
- Designed, developed and tested complex mappings and mapplets to load data from external flat files and RDBMS using Source Analyzer, Data Warehouse Designer, Transformation Designer, Mapplet Designer and Mapping Designer.
- Created reusable transformations and mapplets and used them in mappings.
- Scheduled jobs using PMCMD and workflow scheduler.
- Used SQL, PL/SQL, and TOAD to validate the Data going in to the Data Warehouse.
- Created mapplets in place of mappings which were repeatedly using formatting date or data type conversion.
- Involved in migration activities from developments and pre-production environments.
- Worked along with the DBA to resolve performance and tuning issues.
- Implemented slowly changing dimensions to maintain current information and history information in dimension tables.
- Used Incremental Aggregation technique to load data into Aggregation tables for improved performance.
- Used various components Parameter files, Variables and Dynamic Cache to improve the performance of the mappings.
- Developed workflow tasks like Email, Event wait, Timer, Command and Decision.
- Created sessions and workflows to help schedule nightly loads and process data from all source terminal Data Collection points.
- Extensively used Mapping Debugger with break points to track the logical errors in the mapping.
- Implemented partitions and bulk load for loading large amount of data.
- Extensively used IDQ and DVO for data validation purpose.
- Automated the load process from global labware instances using UNIX scripting.
- Coordinated with the QA and the Reporting team and provided guidance and knowledge on the ETL process.
- Involved in the UAT testing and Integration testing process.
- Involved in monitoring of scheduled jobs, and provided support in scheduled jobs.
- Coordinated with onshore team and offshore team to ensure consistency and regularity of task.
- Identified and debugged the errors in production and testing environment, and worked on migration of the mappings and workflows from development to UAT and from UAT to Production.
Environment: InformaticaPowerCenter 9.1, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server 2005,PL/ SQL, TOAD for Oracle 9.0, UNIX
ETL Developer - Informatica
- Participation in High-level Design documents like Application Design Document, Technical Architecture Document, and Data Profiling.
- Liaising with Business users.
- Participation in logical and physical data model creation and finalization.
- Worked on complete SDLC from Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data usingInformatica.
- Involved in the analysis, design and development of all the interface's usingInformatica PowerCenter tools in interface team and interfaced with all the other tracks for business related issues.
- Created complexInformaticamappings to load the DataMart and monitored them. The mappings involved extensive use of transformations like Aggregator, Filter, Router, Expression, lookup, Joiner, Union, Normalizer and Sequence generator.
- Configured the mappings to handle the updates to preserve the existing records using Update Strategy Transformation.
- Designing and creation of data loading strategies and communication and co-ordination with ETL manager.
- Development of ETL Jobs and builds for Development, UAT and Production.
- Creation of Unit test cases for data loads and also Reviewing of Test cases for data loads.
- Participation and Support in System Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Operation Testing of the application.
Environment: Informatica 8.1.1/7.1, Oracle, UNIX, QC.
- Involved in Design and development of test plans based on high-level and detailed designs. Created various PL/SQL stored procedures for dropping and recreating indexes on target tables. Worked on issues with migration from development to testing.
- The EDW project aims at developing an Enterprise Data Warehouse for the claims Department.
- Developed Test Plan, Test Strategy and Testing Scope Document.
- Analyzed the use cases given by the business analysts and developed test cases using them. Worked with the team leadto coordinate the test case turnover process proceeding each cycle and selectively executed the test cases to verify that they are kept current.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing.
- Developed separate test cases for ETL process (Inbound & Outbound) and reporting.
- Involved with Design and Development team to implement the requirements.
- Performed manual testing on various modules of the Application.
- Generated functional test cases that capture actual code behavior as a deployed application is exercised.
- Tested individual methods, classes, or large, complex applications.
- Tracked how test results and code quality change over time.
- Conducted performance and load testing using Load Runner.
- Analyzed, reported and kept track of defects using Test Director.
- Provided testing results and weekly status report to the QA lead, provided test summary report once project was fully completed.
Environment: MS-Office Tools, Informatica6.1, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Shell Scripting, Manual Testing, Test Director, Oracle.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes