- Over 7 years of IT experiencein SDLC with database development andas ETL Developer/Program analyst, which includes Data Warehouse/Database Developer experience using Informatica Power Center 9.1,8.6.1, 8.6, 8.1, 7.1, 6.2.
- Extensive experience with Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading ETL from Multiple Sources. Worked on data integration from various source files such as flat files, CSV files, Relational Databases etc. into a common analytical Data Model.
- Extensive working experience in Data Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of Data Warehousing using Data Extraction, Data Transformation Data Loading ETL methodologies.
- Expertise in using various Informatica Designer Tools such as Source Analyzer, Transformation Developer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Extensively worked on development of complex mappings using various transformations like Expression, Connected/Unconnected Lookup, Filter, Router, Joiner, Union, Aggregator, Update Strategy, SQLT, Transaction control etc.
- Over 7 years of hands on experience in Optimizing Database querying, data manipulation and population using SQL and PL/SQL in Oracle, DB2and SQL Server databases.
- Strong understanding of RDBMS and proficient in writing PL/SQL Procedures, Triggers, Cursors and Indexes and experienced in loading data into Data Warehouse/Data Marts.
- Worked on Stored Procedure concept to truncate tables and delete rows from error logs.
- Extensively worked on Performance Tuning techniques at various levels to increase the performance and minimize the time for work.
- Experience in integration of various data sources like Oracle, SQL server and sequential files into staging area.
- Experience in Data Warehouse/Data Mart Development Life Cycle using Dimensional modeling of STAR, SNOWFLAKE schema, and OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Conducted System, UAT and Functionality testing and investigated software bugs.
- Experience in UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Two years of experience in Informatica Power Exchange 9.1.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Good individual as well as team player with excellent analytical and presentation skills with strong aptitude towards learning new technologies.
- Proven experience with writing and technical requirements analysis.
- Knowledge of Software Testing and Quality Assurance.
- Ability to self-manage time task priorities to meet project timelines identify potential project risks.
Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.6/8.1/7.5/7.1, PowerExchange 9.1
ERwin r7.3/4.0/3.5, Star schema Modeling, Snow Flake modeling.
Oracle 10g/9i, MS SQL Server7.0/2000, MS Access, Sybase, DB2, MySQL, Teradata 14
C, C , SQL, PL/SQL,Java, HTM,UNIX Scripting
Business Objects XIR2, Cognos Report Net, ESP
Windows98/NT/2000/XP,MAC, UNIX, MS-DOS
MS-Office 2007, MS Project
Sr. ETL Developer
- Gathered Business requirements by interacting with Business Analyst team and analyzed the requirements to translate into Technical Specifications.
- Worked on complex mappings to load data from various sources using standard ETLtransformations to store the data in the staging area and target tables
- Developed Reusable Transformations, and ReusableMapplets.
- Created Power Exchange Registration for CDC on oracle tables.
- Identified the bottlenecks in the sources, targets, mappings, sessions and resolved the problems.
- Performed complex defect fixes in various environments like UAT, SIT to ensure the proper delivery of the developed jobs into the production environment.
- Responsible to write complex SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures to perform database operations according to business requirements.
- Worked with the testers closely in determining both medium and high severity defects, that would potentially affect the downstream systems before the release of the project, and also fixed the defects before moving the jobs into production.
- Attended production implementation calls and coordinated with the build engineers during migration of the code and was highly acknowledged.
- Involved in creation of BTEQ Script for validating data quality like referential integrity, not null check.
- Prepared estimates and tracked each and every task and strictly adhered to the estimated deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge in promoting codeacross development, test and production environment using tools like Computer Associate Harvest.
- Co-ordinated with Offshore team in INDIA.
- Preparation of Test Data/Unit Testing /Integrated testing and generated various test cases.
- Involved in different Team review meetings.
- Worked along with UNIX team for writing UNIX shell scripts to customize the server scheduling jobs.
- Writing and modifying ETLdesign documentation, test results documentation and standard operating procedures SOP documentation.
- Communication with the client for weekly status report
Environment: Informatica Power center 9.1, 8.6, Oracle 11g, DB2, Teradata 14, Unix- Shell script, PL/SQL, Toad, Web services, Soap UI.
- Interacted with the management and user community to understand and gather requirements.
- Involved in project cycle plan for the data warehouse, source data analysis, data extraction process, transformation and loading strategy designing.
- Analyzed data flow requirements developed a scalable architecture/plan for staging data/loading data.
- Extensively used Informatica client tools - Source Analyzer, Warehouse designer, Mapping designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Informatica Repository Manager and Informatica Server Manager.
- Worked on various reusable components like mapplet, reusable transformation, worklet etc,.
- Worked on development and Testing. Migrated code to production using repository manager and deployment group also used Repository Manager to maintain the metadata, Security and Reporting.
- Worked on Informatica utilities like pmcmd, pmrep to start, stop and get status of workflows.
- Extensively worked on XML sources, targets and JMS queue.
- Used Informatica user defined functions to reduce the code dependency.
- Used debugger to track the path of the source data and also to check the errors in the mapping.
- Tuning Informatica Mappings and Sessions for optimum performance.
- Responsible for testing all the applications and transport the data to Target Warehouse Oracle tables on the server, Schedule and RunExtraction and Loadprocess and monitorsessions by using Informatica Server Manager
Power Center 8.6, Oracle 10g,PowerExchange 8.6, MS SQL Server, Erwin,Windows NT, LINUX, Autosys.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions - Type I II in different mappings as per the requirements.
- Prepared ETL detail design and unit testing documentto outline the flow of data, for testing source/targets counts and field-to-field mappings.
- Taking the backup of the repository at regular intervaldepending on the amount of work done.
- Error handling is done by validating the records and bifurcating the data into valid/invalid records and loading the erroneousrecords into the errortable.
- Used SQLT to update the status of the records in the error log table when valid records are received from the source system.
- Designed and developed process for Audit table, which is used in the mappings to capture the run statistics.
- Handled versioning and dependencies in Informatica.
- Worked on the UNIXshellscripts to create job to run the workflows by scheduler.
- Extensively involved in performancetuning of the ETL process by determining the bottlenecks at various points like targets, sources, mappings, sessions or systems. This led to a better session performance.
- Tunecode using partitioning like round robin, hash auto key, key range partitioning and caching at mapping and session level.
- Aided in migrating the code across various environments.
- Worked on testcases and test plans.
- Performing ETL database code migrations across environments.
- Documented the process for further maintenance and productionsupport.
- Provided productionsupport by running the jobs and fixing the bugs.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1, Unix Shell scripting, Oracle, SQL, PLSQL, flat files, WinSCP, DB2
Consultant Program Analyst/ETL Developer
- Involved in the documentation/Design of TechnicalDesign Document of various interfaces like Salesorganization, Field AOP, and Field Forecast.
- Designed and developed mappings, mapplets and sessions from source to target database using Informatica Power Center.
- Used simple to moderately complex debugging techniques to test ETL applications.
- Developed Test Cases for testing the ETL mappings.
- Conducted code reviews and lead design reviews to assure compliance.
- Involved in migration of ETLcode from Development environment to QA environment and finally to Production environment.
- Followed Informatica development standards and enforce best practices.
- Performed QA work to verify the results provided from other teams.
- Worked with various file formats like fixed length and delimited.
- Maintained the proper communication between other teams.
- Utilizing the existing UNIX shell scripts to run the informatica workflow through process control.
- Scheduledsessions and batch process based on demand, run on time, run only once using Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Participates in on-call support for ODS and the data warehouse.
- Involved in documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing any changes corrections.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.5, SQL, Windows XP, and SQL Assistant, UNIX Shell Script.
ETL Developer, Reports Creation
- Designed processes to extract and transform data from flat file and relational sources to load into relational targets to handle clean and rejected data.
- Converted the PL/SQL Procedures to Informaticamappings and at the same time created procedures in the database level for optimum performance of the mappings.
- TuningInformaticaMappings and Sessions for betterperformance.
- Created Sessions, Workflows, Post Session email task and also performed various workflow monitoring and schedulingtasks.
- Performed Unit testing and maintained test logs and test cases for all the mappings.
- Created some slowly changing dimensions to keep historicalchanges
- Unit testing to check the performance of Builds and Reports.
Environment: Power Center 7.1, Windows XP/ Windows server 2000, Oracle 9i, MS Office.