Data Warehousing Lead Architect / ODI SME
Expert in analysis, design, and development of Operational Data Stores OLTP and OLAP cubes using star and snow flake schema and implemented these systems using leading industrial tools like ODI, OWB, and Informatica. Experience in managing projects end to end in Medical Information systems, Energy, and Automotive multi terabyte environments and with interfacing key internal business units including Marketing, Operations, Clinincal Informatics, LifeScience and Engineering. Solid experience in coding using SQL, SQL plus, PL/SQL stored procedures/functions, triggers and packages. Extensive work experience applying relational database concepts, hierarchical database concepts, entity relation diagrams, data flow diagrams, and normalization concepts. Expertise in utilizing Oracle Utility tools including SQL Loader, Import and Export. Expert in Unix Shell Scripting. Quick learner who rapidly adapts to emerging technologies.
- SDLC: 7 years of IT experience in analysis, design, development, implementation and testing of data warehousing, and database business systems.
- DATABASES: 7 years of experience working on Databases including Oracle 11gR2/11gR1/10g, Microsoft SQLServer 2008/2005/2000, MySql, ADABAS, DB2, MS Access.
- DATA WAREHOUSING: 6 years of data warehousing and ETL design and development experience using Oracle Data Integrator 11g/10g, OWB 10g and Informatica Power Center.
- DATA MODELING: 2 years of Dimensional Data Modeling using Star Snow Flake schema. Experience with Ralph Kimball and Bill Inman Methodologies. Designed data models using Oracle Data Modeler and Erwin.
- HL7 AND 837: 3 years of experience handling 837 claims and HL7 PHI version 2.x messages.
- CLINICAL EMR: 3 years of handling/extracting data from different EMR including Epic 2007/2010 , Allscripts, Centricity, Meditech CS /Magic , and Cerner.
- DATA CLEANSING DATA QUALITY: 6 years experience in cleaning and profiling data.
- TECHNICAL SUMMARY
- Data Warehousing: ODI Oracle data integrator 11G/10.1.3.1/10.1.3.5/10.1.3.6, OWB10GR1, R2, Informatica 7.1, ODQ, Trillium 7.0
- Data Modeling: Erwin 4.X, Oracle Data Modeler
- BI Tools: Business Objects 6.x, OBIEE, QlikView
- Programming: SQL, PL/SQL, Transact SQL, ANSI SQL, Unix Shell Scripting Korn Shell , Python, Jython, Perl, Meditech Magic, COBOL, NATURALS
- Tools: SQL developer, DB Visualizer, TOAD, SQL Modeler, Blue Elm, SQL LOADER, BCP, Easy HL7, Intel SOA Expressway Service Designer 2.4/2.6
- Databases: Oracle 11gR1, 11gR2, RAC/ Rapid Application Clusters / 10g, SQL Server 2008/ 2005 / 2000, ADABAS, DB2
- Schedulers: ODI Internal Scheduler, Crontab, Autosys
- Version Control: ODI internal version control, SVN, CVS
Environment: Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, Windows NT/2003/2008, AS/400, MS-DOS and OS/390, Windows VM.
- Designed the entire ODI architecture
- Installed, customized and configured the Oracle Data Integrator versions 10.1.3.1 through version 11g
- Designed and scheduled automated data extraction flows from various information systems using ODI
- Managed a team of 5 developers
- o Conducted monthly ODI training sessions for the team.
- Analyzed project requirements and designed specification documents for the project.
- Data modeling of client's EMR to create standards, code templates, and checklists.
- Designed and developed end to end extraction mechanism from database systems and the client's information systems.
- Administered Windows VM server to set up SFTP protocols to transfer clinical data.
- Configured /administered Intel SOA Designer and designed workflows to ingest 837 and HL7 data
- Configured / administered the blue elm tool to extract data from Meditech systems.
Environment: Oracle 11g RAC, UNIX Redhat servers, ODI V10.1.3.3/10.1.3.5/10.1.3.6/11G, PL/SQL Developer, Erwin 6.0, Windows 2003/2008 server.
- Migrated OWB 10g mappings into ODI 10g interfaces
- Created technical specifications based on the functional design document provided by the BA.
- Created ODI interfaces, packages, procedure, scenarios, and user functions.
- Implemented ODI simple CDC to bring the initial and incremental data.
- Modified IKM, LKM and JKM knowledge modules according to design needs.
- Installation of OWB and setting up the Repositories.
- Created and configured OWB process flows to design and automate tasks using Oracle workflow.
- Debugged/Optimized/Tuned OWM mapping
- Created type 2 mappings to populate the different facts marts.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g, Oracle Data Integrator V10.1.3.1/10.1.3.3,OWB10G AS400/DB2, SQL Developer 1.5/2.1, Oracle Data Modeler, SQL Server 2005, MS Excel, QlikView, Windows servers
- Developed mapping specifications based on the business requirement analysis
- Extensively used Erwin to generate logical and physical data models.
- Developed Informatica mappings and mapplets as per business requirements.
- Created mappings to load data from source to staging, and staging to ODS Operational Data Stores .
- Trained in ODI formerly Sunopsis and migrated Informatica mappings to ODI.
- Designed and implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions-Type II in various mappings.
Environment: Oracle10g/9i,ODI Sunopsis v3 , Informatica Power Center 7.1/6.2, Workflow Manager, Autosys, PL/SQL Developer, Erwin 4.0, Business Objects 6.5, Unix Shell Scripts, Windows 2000, Sun Solaris.